Wizards home uniforms for playoffs

48erhater

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

I think these jerseys are great but I am not a fan of using alts during the playoffs, at least heavily. It muddles a team's identity to play your most important game in an alternate uniform.

. . . says the guy with a Cavaliers' C as his avatar.  :P

I actually agree with you completely . . . on all points.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, leopard88 said:

. . . says the guy with a Cavaliers' C as his avatar.  :P

I actually agree with you completely . . . on all points.

Where do you think my frustration comes from!? :lol:

The Cavs have not worn their road wine jerseys in the playoffs. Since LeBron's return they had exclusively worn the navy alternate until Game 5 of last year's finals when they went black. I wanted so badly for them to win it all with CLEVELAND on the chest but oh well. Still an incredible game and now I have no choice but to love those jerseys.

"Washington" is very hard to read on these home alternates. The chest striping on their normal unis helps the wordmark stand out better. Without the chest striping the eye is drawn to the jersey number instead. 

Moreover, the chest striping gives them a unique look. Not only is it unique but it's the style they wore when they won their NBA championship in 1978. Without it they look so much more generic. And stars on the side is already done by the Nets and Sixers.

4 hours ago, MkDon said:

Their home jerseys are way better than these patriotic ones. The one thing the Wizards have to change is their court. It's so dark.

Navy OOB with red keys is really dark?   

washingtoncourt_medium.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Navy OOB with red keys is really dark?   

washingtoncourt_medium.jpg

I wanted to say their wood pattern is too dark. And also if you want to have 2 toned pattern, it should be the opposite of what the Wizards have, especially with the red keys.

Here is how i think their court should look like, with some minor changes. Made this in 5 minutes.
tes1a3z.png

2 hours ago, MkDon said:

I wanted to say their wood pattern is too dark. And also if you want to have 2 toned pattern, it should be the opposite of what the Wizards have, especially with the red keys.

Here is how i think their court should look like, with some minor changes. Made this in 5 minutes.
tes1a3z.png

That's really nice...I like how the current court has the dc logo at center court, but I like your baselines.  The white text looks a lot better.

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I can't say I agree...  

22474220-mmmain.jpg

Compare "Washington" to "Atlanta" here from a distance. Atlanta, even with the poor color choices, is easier to read. Even though "Washington" is a long word, could the letters be taller? In any event, the ratio of number size to wordmark is off. And in the bigger picture I think it's better to wear a look that is both unique to a franchise and that has historical championship pedigree versus wearing one that rips off Philly and BK. 

gettyimages-669133288_master.jpg

52 minutes ago, schtee said:

Compare "Washington" to "Atlanta" here from a distance. Atlanta, even with the poor color choices, is easier to read. Even though "Washington" is a long word, could the letters be taller? In any event, the ratio of number size to wordmark is off. And in the bigger picture I think it's better to wear a look that is both unique to a franchise and that has historical championship pedigree versus wearing one that rips off Philly and BK. 

gettyimages-669133288_master.jpg

The size of the Washington wordmark is the same on the regular jerseys as it is the alternate...so I still don't understand your complaint.  And both Washington and Atlanta are easy to read.  

Washington-Wizards-2011-2013-Road-Away-J

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The size of the Washington wordmark is the same on the regular jerseys as it is the alternate...so I still don't understand your complaint.  And both Washington and Atlanta are easy to read.  

Washington-Wizards-2011-2013-Road-Away-J

The wordmark stands out better with the colored chest striping then adrift in a sea of white fabric.

Moreover, the awful number outlining on the alternate distracts from the wordmark. All I see is the number. 

On 4/20/2017 at 1:42 AM, daveindc said:

Warriors, Lakers, and Clippers are up there.

I always thought Washington Monuments would have been a perfect name.

I never understood this. Unlike Texas Rangers, "Monuments" doesn't stand on its own as a nickname.  Just because "Washington Monument" sounds familiar because it's already a thing doesn't make it a good team name. Why not name them the Washington DC's for that matter? It rolls off the tongue because it's already something else.

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

^Agreed. Monuments would be lame. I'd rather the Wizards return to a non red-white-blue color scheme and reimagine the Wizards identity. 

The original Wizards identity wasn't bad apart from the abstract logo.  Now they want to be the Bullets in everything but name, which is...ok I suppose...

5 hours ago, chakfu said:

I never understood this. Unlike Texas Rangers, "Monuments" doesn't stand on its own as a nickname.  Just because "Washington Monument" sounds familiar because it's already a thing doesn't make it a good team name. Why not name them the Washington DC's for that matter? It rolls off the tongue because it's already something else.

It wouldn't just be because of "Washington Monument". Monuments are tall like basketball players, and it's a nice tie-in with Washington Capitals. I mean, it's better than names like Nets, Lakers, Nuggets, etc.

3 hours ago, daveindc said:

It wouldn't just be because of "Washington Monument". Monuments are tall like basketball players, and it's a nice tie-in with Washington Capitals. I mean, it's better than names like Nets, Lakers, Nuggets, etc.

"It's a better name than Net"' is an incredibly low bar, given that that's one of the worst, most bland team names ever.

And I can't agree that "Monuments" would be better than Lakers or Nuggets. "Washington Monuments" is a terribly hokey name, and presents a bit of a marketing issue as well, considering that the team probably wouldn't even be the number one hit on Google for their own team name.

Capitals is a pretty bad name too, come to think of it. At least Capital could just mean something that's primary.  Monuments can be tall, but inanimate immobile objects?  It's just an almost pun more than anything. Macon Whoopee without the pun part.

... Although mountains if some sort wouldn't be the worst name for a basketball team...So I sort of see how Monuments almost works alone

Archived