NHL Defunct Series

JCRGraphix

I'm back! Also, I've dropped the x from all official stuff, so I'm also doing it in my concept art. I've decided to try modern concepts for the defunct teams of the NHL. As always, I'm using goalie names and numbers from the team's history.

Up first are the Montreal Wanderers:

Wanderers.thumb.png.cdac849ccb5dd86b09e553f3f5a3afd4.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little Red Wings/Cougars-ish to me, i think going with a maroon shade would help solve that completely though. Really excited for this!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

54 minutes ago, Bruins said:

A little Red Wings/Cougars-ish to me, i think going with a maroon shade would help solve that completely though. Really excited for this!

The Montreal Wanderers had the look first, and the Maroons will make an appearance. Also, I'm going a different direction for the Cougars and falcons.

Up next is a bold traditional look for the Toronto Arenas:

arenas.thumb.png.7d9d649a5901b96786758243fdbfe177.png

19 hours ago, nas1787 said:

The bulldog seems really low on the white sweater. Really like the bold stripes though.

Now that you mention it, I can't unsee it. I'll update it shortly, but for now, we have the Hamilton Tigers:

Tigers.thumb.png.8f738b8f54dfffc38d20d058dd4dadd2.png

I updated the Bulldogs uniform with the logo raised a bit on the white uniform, and next we have the Toronto St. Pats with two of my favorite uniform design elements: double green, and the sash:

StPats.thumb.png.cf94d5f073f694cfd51fe63997498f23.png

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Damn, these are nice! If I may ask, though, what'd the St. Pats look like if the sash went over the shoulder and down the back?

I tried it and I didn't like the look. It was a little too crowded.

Up next are the Pittsburgh Pirates. I went with a different color scheme than their original one.

Pirates.thumb.png.cc262a9ef6e55b3a6fec748fac27a28b.png

3 hours ago, JCRGraphix said:

Up next are the Detroit Cougars. They have a classic look, but with a more appropriate color scheme for a Michigan team.

Cougars.thumb.png.c0e48c8401cf00a620ad3bd0eafb04ab.png

Great work. I kinda wish my alma mater of PVAMU could use this for their logo. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

On 4/20/2017 at 7:59 PM, JCRGraphix said:

I tried it and I didn't like the look. It was a little too crowded.

Up next are the Pittsburgh Pirates. I went with a different color scheme than their original one.

Pirates.thumb.png.cc262a9ef6e55b3a6fec748fac27a28b.png

Looks a lot like the Milwaukee Admirals

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

These jerseys are so awesome!! I do like the Hamilton Tigers jerseys and logo.. if Hamilton ever managed to get back in to the NHL that jersey look should go with that... but wow great work!! Cant wait to see the rest of the other old teams.. I wonder, will there be a WHA version of the jerseys?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived