NHL Defunct Series

JCRGraphix

Just now, Zeus89725 said:

Loving the different home and away pants on the last two sets. I wish more teams did that.

Me too! I've always liked that.

Up next are the New York Americans with a patriotic look.

Americans.thumb.png.fa92fc5aa77c00aca454aaedbb57c9b8.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/23/2017 at 9:31 AM, dolphins91 said:

Looks a lot like the Milwaukee Admirals

Actually, I'm seeing a STRONG influence from the University of New Orleans Privateers logo-- but that's okay:

4115_new_orleans_privateers-alternate-2013.png.8ea6f678f8f4d0fc0bc6d7f1a3533ddd.png

It is what it is.

On 4/26/2017 at 2:40 PM, B-Rich said:

Actually, I'm seeing a STRONG influence from the University of New Orleans Privateers logo-- but that's okay:

I hadn't seen that one. That's a pretty sweet logo!

Up next are the California Seals with their unique shoulder stripes and a more modern logo.

Seals.thumb.png.5c81889f5478abf3f09a04c1957ad8a5.png

Up next are the Kansas City Scouts. I decided to go with a different color scheme and a logo without a Native American in it that still represents the original team name. The Scouts were named after a famous statue of a Native American scout and his horse in Kansas City.

Scouts.thumb.png.777cdec733dc9c6a8992a9431a43536b.png

Last one for tonight: the Cleveland Barons. For this design, I used their original pre-NHL logo as my starting point and took cues from their NHL uniforms to create this look.

Barons.thumb.png.bb82f3edf7b280c2d8c5213d74347b22.png

Up next are the Colorado Rockies. I went with a logo based on their original logo set that they only used for part of the 1976-77 season. The uniform features bold chunks of color inspired by the Avalanche alternates.

Rockies.thumb.png.742148796abbc9ef35643ca6d63f9d60.png

Finally for tonight we have the Minnesota North Stars. I decided to go with their original logo (one of my favorites), with slightly altered colors. I've also unified their look a little more by making the striping similar on the home and away.

590a8651cdfe0_NorthStars.thumb.png.8b0510e3361c497c1227146ef826c4ce.png

Y'know, if the North Stars were still around, I feel like they'd be wearing these today after going through the original "Stars" jerseys, the giant star designs, and the college-esque wordmarks.

53Ocz8U.png

• 2 weeks later...

Up next are the Hartford Whalers. For their design, I wanted to balance their color a little better, use their historically awesome uniforms, and also add some modern touches. The stripes mimic the whale's tail in the uniform, and a sharper font is used to match the logo. Also, I created a small alternate logo based on their WHA era logo. I've included that so you can get a better look.

whalers.thumb.png.54b0d62b614ff62036c1231196857f7d.png

hlogo.png.4b230716aa40bc2eaec36d8d30da048e.png

Finally, we have the Atlanta Thrashers. For their design, I went with a retro basketball inspired design since Atlanta is definitely not a hockey town. I feel like this design would sell well in that market. 

thrashers.thumb.png.f2341d676f1ca3d052661e57e8987d2f.png

Well, that's it for now. Let's see how poorly the Coyotes keep doing. Maybe I'll have to do them in the next few years!

36 minutes ago, JCRGraphix said:

Well, that's it for now. Let's see how poorly the Coyotes keep doing. Maybe I'll have to do them in the next few years!

Carolina and Florida too?

Anyways, holy :censored: , is that different. Not sure if it's good or bad, but it's different. I like the color scheme, and for some reason, I don't hate the jerseys.

This was a good series. Well done.

Archived