High School Logo Redesign (Again)

poiper2

Hey guys, I'm back with yet another high school logo redesign, however this time it isn't for my own school, but rather for a nearby high school. My most recent logo (the cardinal for my school) is currently in the hands of the board of education and the superintendent, so hopefully all goes well. But this is for a school called Woodford County High School. They're the Yellow Jackets, and like many schools with that nickname, they use a very slightly altered version of the Georgia Tech logo. So my goal was to change up how traditional yellow jackets are in sports, by modernizing the full body yellow jacket, and to give a front facing yellow jacket as well.58fce35e20553_WCHSPresentation1.thumb.jpg.216a75e466bc40904ac1d1c3f8f23046.jpg

58fce3a50f474_WCHSPresentation2.thumb.jpg.a0935258ea4956e00e6d15eb7167e5c8.jpg

58fce3aa3d8d2_WCHSPresentation3.thumb.jpg.993e705edcfcb136b5ef9871b0253817.jpg

I am considering sending these to the Athletic Director of the school, so any C&C would be greatly appreciated and guidance on whether I should send these or not. Thanks!

5844649c6ef90_FiestaBowl_sig.png.2c502c8100468192da258ffb92d59593.png

This looks great! I do have a couple of suggestions: I would play with the eye design, as well as the size of the eye on the yellow jacket. I think a larger eye, with a more dominant pupil would look better (sort of a play on how Georgia Tech, Burlington, and Salt Lake designed their logos). I would also make the abdomen a little more symmetric (if that makes sense), and the hands with some more dimension (perhaps some grey like the wings and stinger). 

buftxsig.png

I'm pretty sure I've been to that highschool, I live right near it. And yes i agree they need a new logo. But yours looks a little stiff and the face doesn't really remind me of a yellow jacket. Maybe bend the abdomen a little bit and get rid of the lines in the face?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Work on the body of the yellow jacket. It's rough and it needs to be smoothed out. Here's my thing to, the face is a side profile and the body is front facing. Could you try designing the yellow jacket with the front facing logo? I think that's the strongest of the logos. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived