Brewers new uniform

WissX

Do you guys like how the brewers are bringing back the old ball and glove logo and changing the color on it? Personally I don't they are trying to bring back an era long gone.

WSna22D.gif

YKBcuDz.png
I am the guy who loves Wisconsin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've liked every set the Brewers have had, and used to think the BiG logo was overrated. But it has this element of simplicity and recognizability that it'll never go away. It's like the baseball version of the Whalers logo, where once you unpack what it is at face value, it becomes an iconic look.

I think I'd like for them to use it in navy, but a royal blue and yellow team would stand out in the MLB

I hate that the Brewers are wearing jerseys that say Milwaukee at home and Brewers on the road.

I think that Navy and Yellow don't work as well on this logo as Blue and Yellow, but because they want to wear a navy alt jersey (or a bunch of them), that's what we are stuck with.

I think they've discovered that this is a marketplace that they can tap by having multiple sets of colors and logos.  Few people seem to care whether or not they are in the 'correct' fan gear on a given game day (unlike how these are more scheduled in the NFL).

It's where I sit.

I hate the all-things-to-all-people navy and athletic gold alternate.  So drab and awful. 

I was never a huge fan of the BiG logo, but it's far superior to anything else the club is wearing.  They should just adopt the throwback pins as the full-time uniform and be done with it. 

21 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I hate the all-things-to-all-people navy and athletic gold alternate.  So drab and awful. 

I was never a huge fan of the BiG logo, but it's far superior to anything else the club is wearing.  They should just adopt the throwback pins as the full-time uniform and be done with it. 

This. Their current unis are among the blandest to ever grace a baseball field. 

sig.png

7 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

This. Their current unis are among the blandest to ever grace a baseball field. 

San Diego says hi. 

*hot take alert*

I like the Brewers current set and color scheme because it actually looks like a beer label or brewery logo, which is...... fitting. That being said, the number font sucks, there's too many drop shadows on the scripts, and they should wear "Brewers" at home and "Milwaukee" on the road. But this is way more bland of a design than anything else they've worn:

7007_milwaukee_brewers-jersey-1978.png

Also, the BiG sucks.

*ducks*

spacer.png

1 hour ago, dsaline97 said:

I like the Brewers current set and color scheme because it actually looks like a beer label or brewery logo, which is...... fitting. That being said, the number font sucks, there's too many drop shadows on the scripts, and they should wear "Brewers" at home and "Milwaukee" on the road. 

I was going to reply to lionstigerspistonshabs claim that the current uniforms are bland with something like "actually, they try to do things that are not bland and all of those things are terrible."  But you pretty much covered it for me. The times new roman number font, the drop shadows, the use of "Brewers" and "Milwuakee."  It's all awful.  You agree and still like the unforms? 

The loopy Miller-inspired "M."  

The wheat underline

The funny little 1/2 underline on the wordmarks.

The drab colors.

The totally un-matching use of the new-color BiG logo

There is literally nothing I like about these uniforms.  When I first joined the boards (13 years ago; gulp), I remember seeing people liked them.  I never did, but I think that even to those who did, they've grown stale.

By the way, I am with you on the BiG.  It's clever, but since it's not obvious, an observer's first reaction is going to be that it's a piece of equipment on the hat.  That said, I'd take the throwback look full time just so someone can use a traditional royal and yellow scheme.  Plus, the pinstriped jersey is pretty nice and the road jersey from the post-powder 1980s worked nicely, too.

Want to be less vivid in color? Go to the 1990s green and blue look.  Not as vivid but did not try so hard.  The "MB" hat was awful but the later "M" iterations worked really well.  It was a classic-style uniform that did not appear derivative of anyone else.

To each their own...but to me the primary Brewers look is an outstandingly rare combination of drab and over-done.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm probably the only person around here who would love to be an updated version of either of these uniforms.

73+colborn.JPGDonMoney100000_20080613353.gif

I really like the simple vertically arched wordmark and think it looks better on a white jersey than on the pinstriped version worn with the BiG.  I would also be interested to see how "Milwaukee" looks in the same vertically arched style instead of the script version that was worn with the BiG.

Whichever wordmark is used on the road version . . .  no powder blue road set!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

20 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I'm probably the only person around here who would love to be an updated version of either of these uniforms.

Nope.  Not the only one at all. 

If the block letters aren't distinctive enough, let's go back to their second prototype:

1970_Brewers_JerseyPrototype.jpg

If they'd had time to create their own jerseys, this might've been their classic look. 

That's not bad.  But I think that wordmark looked great on the pinstripes.  The button jersey (the Colborn card) is solid.  The Don Money photo is a little too 70s/80s with the sansabelt and big elastic arm stripes.  

This is a servicable look.  But I'd like to see it with the 1980s jersey (but maybe keep the above hat).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

You know what is hard to believe? The Miller Lite uniforms have been around since 2000! Just go back to the BiG permanently and knock it off with this halfzies identity that doesnt please anyone. 

Can someone explain why the underlying tail only underlines the wers? 

ttfelv66500qiz4fenp9hphn5.gif

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd just go for a non-pinstriped version of this set with the BiG cap, a block (provided it doesn't look like Michigan's "M") or germanic M cap, etc.:

1993-robin-yount-milwaukee-brewers-signed-game-used-home-jersey-september-hit-number-3134.jpg13472b_lg.jpeg

The cursive scripts have far more personality than block. If you want to give them a bit more "personality," change up the tail to match the below image (which has the added benefit of looking like a beer label script tail).

13b86116eeddecd2a129fc70e4863756.jpg

10 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'd just go for a non-pinstriped version of this set with the BiG cap, a block (provided it doesn't look like Michigan's "M") or germanic M cap, etc.:

1993-robin-yount-milwaukee-brewers-signed-game-used-home-jersey-september-hit-number-3134.jpg13472b_lg.jpeg

The cursive scripts have far more personality than block. If you want to give them a bit more "personality," change up the tail to match the below image (which has the added benefit of looking like a beer label script tail).

I never liked the cursive "Brewers" wordmark (or at least never thought it looked right for the Brewers).  Maybe it's because they'd been using the vertically arched block wordmark and had been conditioned to think the block letters look right.

It may also be because I just like the look of vertically arched block wordmarks.  I love this jersey even though it looks completely out of place in the Orioles uniform history.

1964BAL_BAL_AL.gif8657-2287753Fr.jpg00157561_H36987677.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

51 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I really like the simple vertically arched wordmark and think it looks better on a white jersey than on the pinstriped version worn with the BiG.  I would also be interested to see how "Milwaukee" looks in the same vertically arched style instead of the script version that was worn with the BiG.

Whichever wordmark is used on the road version . . .  no powder blue road set!

While the ball-in-glove is a wonderful logo, this cap and uniform should not be forgotten.  The next time they do a tribute to Hank Aaron, they should wear a version of these uniforms.  (They could wear the original style; but a button-down and belted version would be most welcome.) 

Image result for henry aaron brewers  Image result for henry aaron brewers

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

^
That's going to be a long wait.  

I loved it.  There are some things about the number font I don't like (see the "2" on the front of the jersey).

But overall it was really nice.  I wish the Brewers would have been better during that era; maybe there'd be some nostalgia for it.  But I think it's largely forgotten in Milwaukee.

POTD (Shared)

2 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I wish the Brewers would have been better; maybe there'd be some nostalgia for it.  But I think it's largely forgotten in Milwaukee.

As a current resident of Milwaukee, I've only seen one person wearing Brewers gear from that period. Even then, it featured the "MB" logo. There's little local impetus to bring back the Germanic look, compared to the BiG and royal/yellow-gold.

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

As a current resident of Milwaukee, I've only seen one person wearing Brewers gear from that period. Even then, it featured the "MB" logo. There's little local impetus to bring back the Germanic look, compared to the BiG and royal/yellow-gold.

The funny thing is that the very, very, very little nostalgia for that era seems to be built around the worst part, the "MB."  I suppose most fans thought that the "M" hat was "boring."  

The MB was not terrible as a sleeve patch.  But it was just a terrible, terrible cap.

POTD (Shared)

13 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

They don't sell it, that's why.  

Even now, they still have "MB" caps available from a throwback game.  But I don't think they've ever done a throwback to the perfected version of that uniform, the "M" cap.  If they did, in 2010 for the 40th, then they didn't sell the caps online.  

Archived