NBA x NIKE Redesign Project (MIAMI HEAT CITY EDITION added 1/2)

iamdaviinci

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

Hey Hoopladawg87,

Love the Utah concept jersey, especially the mountains and black background. I fully realize that I am late to this conversation, but is it possible to to do a purple to teal gradient? Bottom to top. Reminiscent of the Utah jerseys from the late 90's early 2000's.

Also, do you just do graphic arts, or do you make jerseys? Because I would buy the these jerseys.

12 hours ago, esdrasFRESH said:

Hey Hoopladawg87,

Love the Utah concept jersey, especially the mountains and black background. I fully realize that I am late to this conversation, but is it possible to to do a purple to teal gradient? Bottom to top. Reminiscent of the Utah jerseys from the late 90's early 2000's.

Also, do you just do graphic arts, or do you make jerseys? Because I would buy the these jerseys.

These jerseys would not be able to buy because im willing to bet theyd violate some trademarks.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

8 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Not sure UPS colors with, presumably, a FedEx patch would work. 

Didn’t even realize that. Not gonna work. I there a different shade of brown or another secondary color that you could use?

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/10/2017 at 11:53 PM, Hoopladawg87 said:

As the new Nuggets set continues to grow on me every time I see it in action, I've thought about what direction they could go in with regards to the Community-Inspired Edition uniform. The rest of their set looks good in-game on TV, but some of the smaller details and subtle inconsistencies still irk me. With that in mind, I wanted to design a uniform that looks good from afar but is also cohesive when analyzed on its lowest levels.

The inspiration behind this design was two-fold: 1) the Denver skyline/mountaintop design from generations past; 2) the city of Denver's flag. The mountaintops from the flag design find their way onto the jersey as a very simplified version of the skyline/mountaintop design, and the alternate logo has been re-colored to mirror the rising yellow sun while including the pick ax and nugget imagery as well as the player number. The collar and armhole trim are simply the flag design repeating.

It's a bit much in terms of design elements, if not redundant, so I could see those being the main criticisms....but I'm curious to know your thoughts. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Good day! your work looks amazing I have small business sportsapparel and I am looking for jersey template do you sell your editable template I realy want to buy your template. Thank you and more works to see.

On 10/10/2017 at 11:53 PM, Hoopladawg87 said:

Denver Nuggets Community-Inspired Edition Jerseys

j4E4MPB.jpg

• 9 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 3:14 PM, Hoopladawg87 said:

I've been working on a handful of different concepts lately -- the City Edition uniform unveilings have given me a lot to think about, and I've got a few teams for which I'm working on designing entirely new sets. For now, though, I have the latest drafts from my New Orleans project.

The most recent jersey took a step in the right direction with the script, but the rest of it was generic by design. I'm not sold on the Pelicans as a nickname, and though I initially preferred changing it to Krewe, I ultimately settled on Voodoo. Something about the New Orleans Voodoo just felt right. I didn't remember until a bit later that this was the name of a now-defunct Arena Football League team, and I didn't realize until much later that the color palette I used was also their color palette. So this is awkward.

The more I thought about how similar the black/gold/red color scheme was to the early '00s Sixers, the more I thought it would be reasonable to add yet another color. Between the New Orleans Jazz, Mardis Gras, and voodoo, purple was the only logical option. I think purple fits the theme very well, and it also has the added benefit of reducing the amount of red while making it pop more. Black and gold also complement it nicely.

The 'New Orleans' script remains the same, and I was also able to use it to fashion a makeshift 'Voodoo' script out of scraps of some letters. The 'Voodoo' script still feels a bit off to me, and I can't tell if it's because of the angling of the 'V,' the left/right centering of the script, both factors, or something else entirely, but I think it's on the right track. Any and all input on this would be very much appreciated.

I never made the connection before now, but the Pelicans' current side panels draw design inspiration from the street lanterns in the city's French Quarter. I really like that connection as well as the angular cuts of the design along with its color arrangement, so that design has been retained. 

Overall, I want these Association and Icon Edition jerseys to capture a bit of both New Orleans and Voodoo through scripts, color schemes, and imagery that fit seamlessly together. Please let me know your thoughts on how well this is or isn't accomplished here, and if you have any suggestions for improvements please feel free to share them. Thanks for looking!

New Orleans Voodoo Association Edition Jersey

qt7LDpK.jpg

New Orleans Voodoo Icon Edition Jersey

HDVkqGT.jpg

Images are broken, fix it please.

Also, 10/10 in some jerseys, 8/10 in others. 

Archived