NBA x NIKE Redesign Project (MIAMI HEAT CITY EDITION added 1/2)

iamdaviinci

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all! Glad to see the Suns uniforms have been well-received so far. 

Here is the home version....I debated removing the black stroke from the wordmark and numeral, but kept it for the sake of continuity as well as since it does not appear to throw anything off.

Phoenix Suns Home Uniforms

f5g55A1.jpg

I will be working on an orange alternate for them next to complete their set, but we might be a few days out on that one. 

Here is the orange alternate -- the color balance on this one was somewhat tricky because of the order of colors in the gradient, but please let me know your thoughts.

Phoenix Suns Alternate Uniforms

zSMmqaI.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback on the Suns uniforms -- it is very much appreciated!

Now we are on to the Oklahoma City Thunder. This is basically a concept I created a while back and adapted to this template -- it is based on the late-'90s Golden State Warriors' color palette and uniforms that share some similarities with OKC's current identity.

Oklahoma City Thunder Home Uniform

bHu7hxI.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Away Uniform

5aoE5il.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Navy Alternate Uniform

t5Pqrcv.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Orange Alternate Uniform

7Rk096M.jpg

Thanks for looking!

4 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback on the Suns uniforms -- it is very much appreciated!

Now we are on to the Oklahoma City Thunder. This is basically a concept I created a while back and adapted to this template -- it is based on the late-'90s Golden State Warriors' color palette and uniforms that share some similarities with OKC's current identity.

Oklahoma City Thunder Home Uniform

bHu7hxI.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Away Uniform

5aoE5il.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Navy Alternate Uniform

t5Pqrcv.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Orange Alternate Uniform

7Rk096M.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Glad you kept this!  By the way, in case you havent noticed yet,  one of the main NBA 2K jersey creators made these in 2K17.  Just to give you some perspective on how good these concepts are..

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent, but I'm not a fan of the Suns concepts. IMO, the biggest problem with their uniforms right now (and there are many) is the half-assed wannabe sun streak on the front of the jerseys, and unfortunately, you kept them. I actually think the gradient makes it even worse by drawing more attention to it.

The Thunder concepts are okay, but you should use the city name on the road jersey.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

13 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

These Oklahoma City uniforms are more beautiful than the SUNS set you did..and your Suns set was top 5 all time! 

Thanks a lot Shado!

12 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Glad you kept this!  By the way, in case you havent noticed yet,  one of the main NBA 2K jersey creators made these in 2K17.  Just to give you some perspective on how good these concepts are..

It's funny you bring that up -- I had no idea someone created them in 2K17 until a friend who's a big fan of the Thunder showed them to me one day without knowing it was my concept. Kinda cool to see people finding a use for some of these designs!

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent, but I'm not a fan of the Suns concepts. IMO, the biggest problem with their uniforms right now (and there are many) is the half-assed wannabe sun streak on the front of the jerseys, and unfortunately, you kept them. I actually think the gradient makes it even worse by drawing more attention to it.

The Thunder concepts are okay, but you should use the city name on the road jersey.

I really appreciate your dissenting opinions and am curious about your thoughts re: the suns "sun burst" imagery. I'm admittedly not as much of a fan of the modernized version they use now and which I adopted, but in today's era of uniforms I much prefer it to the full on '90s-era graphic that was where I originally started. It feels like more of a convenient and fun design element than a direct allusion to the sun, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. Would you scrap the sun burst altogether, or meet somewhere in the middle between the '90s and now?

As for the Thunder wordmarks, I typically agree with you....for the longest time I was too OCD to consider putting anything other than team names on home jerseys and city names on away jerseys. I've learned to let go of that every now and then, though, and a lot of that's actually from when I did this concept the first time around -- "OKLAHOMA CITY" is already difficult to work with because it's two words, and uneven in length at that, not to mention long in full. Plus, with the font I used, "THUNDER" already looks disproportionately short in terms of height, and fitting "OKLAHOMA" on a line by itself even would further shrink that down. This is definitely an exception for me, but in most cases I'm with you!

1 hour ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Thanks a lot Shado!

It's funny you bring that up -- I had no idea someone created them in 2K17 until a friend who's a big fan of the Thunder showed them to me one day without knowing it was my concept. Kinda cool to see people finding a use for some of these designs!

I really appreciate your dissenting opinions and am curious about your thoughts re: the suns "sun burst" imagery. I'm admittedly not as much of a fan of the modernized version they use now and which I adopted, but in today's era of uniforms I much prefer it to the full on '90s-era graphic that was where I originally started. It feels like more of a convenient and fun design element than a direct allusion to the sun, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. Would you scrap the sun burst altogether, or meet somewhere in the middle between the '90s and now?

As for the Thunder wordmarks, I typically agree with you....for the longest time I was too OCD to consider putting anything other than team names on home jerseys and city names on away jerseys. I've learned to let go of that every now and then, though, and a lot of that's actually from when I did this concept the first time around -- "OKLAHOMA CITY" is already difficult to work with because it's two words, and uneven in length at that, not to mention long in full. Plus, with the font I used, "THUNDER" already looks disproportionately short in terms of height, and fitting "OKLAHOMA" on a line by itself even would further shrink that down. This is definitely an exception for me, but in most cases I'm with you!

Just running off that a bit, but what if, based off the first concept template, flipping the "Thunder" and "OKC" marks? So Thunder is on the shorts and OKC is on the jersey? This really only applies to an alternate or two. I don't think a city abbreviation has any place on a home or away jersey

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Is there a reason for what looks to be a stain on the Thunder jerseys, under the wordmark? (Is it a watermark?)  I didn't see it on the previous jerseys.

I like the new fonts you used for OKC...way better than the generic crap they have now. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived