Return of the Birmingham Bulls.

Slammersman

I always thought that was an interesting logo. 

There are so many elements in it that I can only assume have some kind of significance that is totally lost on me. The whole thing comes across as feeling Egyptian or African...possibly Native American. 

Definitely one of the more unique depictions of a bull in professional sports...anybody know the story behind it?

37 minutes ago, Slammersman said:

only thing I know it is a bull face in an old style goaltender mask. I have a put a logo concept in the concept section trying to update it too.

But if the bull is inside the mask, why do you see the face of the bull? And if it isn't, why the heck does it have a hockey mask behind it?  It makes no sense.

It's where I sit.

On 4/27/2017 at 1:44 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

But if the bull is inside the mask, why do you see the face of the bull? And if it isn't, why the heck does it have a hockey mask behind it?  It makes no sense.

(Warning not a hockey fan so in NO way an expert.  In fact first time seeing this logo)

My interpretation after seeing this was that it was implying that the bull face was painted on to the hockey mask but they did a poor job defining eye holes so I am not sure if there are actual eyes behind the mask or do the eye holes have the irises omitted kind of like a jack o lantern.  e548f828eb93ac5174d87a2521ffd96f.jpg

edit - yes I do see that the horns go past the edge of the mask adding to the visual confusion.

Archived