Where's the $3?

smzimbabwe

1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

The check does exist.  I believe the check sits in someone's safe, as they wanted to keep that token of "We defeated the NFL".

Didn't they show the actual check in the "Small Potatoes" 30 for 30? 

BB52Big.jpg

20 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Didn't they show the actual check in the "Small Potatoes" 30 for 30? 

Yep.

So the article says the check resides in Memphis.  I'll be in Memphis soon.  Wonder if I can go see that check while we have some down time?

For some reason I thought it was one dollar.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

16 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

For some reason I thought it was one dollar.

Rewards get tripled in federal cases, I think the article said.

The USFL won the case, but the NFL was able to sway the jury/judge in regards to "These USFL guys aren't really hurting for money" when it came time to monetary punishment.

The neediness of the plaintiffs doesn't have a whole lot to do with monetary judgments.  

If I remember/understand correctly, the judgment was so low because while the jury found that the NFL had acted in a monopolistic manner, they also found that the USFL wasn't actually harmed by those actions, and had done far more damage to themselves through mismanagement than as a result of anything the NFL had done.

So yes.  One dollar in damages, tripled to three for the antitrust violation, with seventy-six cents added as interest accrued during the USFL's unsuccessful appeals. 

how-donald-trump-is-to-blame-for-the-che

Edit: just read that Vice article, and the author completely misses the point of the trial. He buys and repeats Trump's explanation for the damage amount.   Not their best work. 

The bigger mystery..... Where is the ORIGINAL Super Bowl V trophy? The Rosenbloom's owned the Colts then. Years later, there was a trade and the Rosenbloom's took over the Rams, and the Irsay's took over the Colts. The Colts bolted to Indianapolis. Did Rosenbloom take the trophy to LA? Did the Irsay's take it to Indy? I know the city of Baltimore ended up with a replacement, but it's not the original. 

iq5b7nF.png

11 hours ago, jc... said:

The bigger mystery..... Where is the ORIGINAL Super Bowl V trophy? The Rosenbloom's owned the Colts then. Years later, there was a trade and the Rosenbloom's took over the Rams, and the Irsay's took over the Colts. The Colts bolted to Indianapolis. Did Rosenbloom take the trophy to LA? Did the Irsay's take it to Indy? I know the city of Baltimore ended up with a replacement, but it's not the original. 

I'd recommend checking Chip Rosenbloom's closet.

Carroll Rosenbloom kept the original trophy after the swap.  The replacement was originally acquired by the Irsays.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived