"Dressed to the Nines"

mjrbaseball

Can we talk about the actual design of Dressed to the Nines? They only show home and road uniforms in small thumbnail sized images. No alternate caps or jerseys, no throwback uniforms, etc etc You can't see the backs of the jerseys so name and number fonts aren't shown. It's not a great template. 

I know Jay Jackson was working on a full uniform history. Did he ever get his site running? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Dressed to the Nines used to be the absolute best uniform database out there, maybe a decade ago, before we had fully fledged Gridiron Uniform Database and NHL Uniforms websites. At this point, though, it doesn't compare to the databases we have in other sports.

I'd love for someone to create a better uniform database, with larger images, alternate jerseys, one-off/special occasion jerseys, patches, etc. It'd be a ton of work, but would be an incredible resource.

28 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Dressed to the Nines used to be the absolute best uniform database out there, maybe a decade ago, before we had fully fledged Gridiron Uniform Database and NHL Uniforms websites. At this point, though, it doesn't compare to the databases we have in other sports.

I'd love for someone to create a better uniform database, with larger images, alternate jerseys, one-off/special occasion jerseys, patches, etc. It'd be a ton of work, but would be an incredible resource.

https://uniformlineup.com/uni-lineups/

Bill Henderson's Game Worn Jerseys of the Double Knit Era has pretty much replaced Dressed to the Nines for anything post-1970. He talks about jersey constructions, wordmarks, patches, and number/NOB fonts (with an extensive database). It would be a good starting point for a new database, with the incorporation of pants, caps, socks, and shoes. As for pre-1970 uniforms, it would require a great deal of research to categorize number fonts and cap styles (due to overlap of production year).

Archived