Recommended Posts

8BW14    249

Although there are has been an influx of baseball concepts on here lately, I thought I would finally throw my hat into the ring. I have been working on this project in my free time for a while and I finally have something to show you guys. Basically, I wanted to reign in the alternate overload in baseball and give each team a great look, some will get pretty drastic changes and some teams will get some pretty minimal changes. Each team will get a home uniform, road uniform, alternate uniform/jersey, and a batting practice jersey where I chose to have some fun and go outside of the box or look back at some historical looks. I have the National League done and I'm going to start with a team from the NL West today and I'll do my best to get a new team up every day or two.

 

So without further ado, I have the Arizona Diamondbacks. I think most of us would agree the Diamondbacks uniforms are a big mess with way too much going on, to say the least. One thing I think they did get right was the great red, black, and turquoise color scheme, it definitely has a Southwestern feel to it. My concept for the Diamondbacks is simple and modern, drawing inspiration from past Diamondbacks' uniforms. The primary home uniform is white, the road is gray, the alt is red and BP is black.  

 

 

arizona diamondbacks presentation.png

arizona diamondbacks presentation 2.png

 

So here it is. As always, Id love to hear what everyone thinks an C&C is definitely welcome. Thanks for taking a look and the Padres are on the way tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BJ Sands    822

This is excellent and needs just a couple things:

 

- Add the sleeve stripes to the pants. It's the Dbacks, so it's OK to go a bit crayyyy.

 

- A sleeve logo would work, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coco1997    1,000

Good start to the series. A couple recommendations:

 

- Arch the NOB.
 

- Something looks off about the half red/half black sock design. I'd stick with red or black and make both sides of the turquoise stripe the other color.

 

Just curious, will you be using some of the same designs that you posted in this thread? I particularly liked your Padres, Rays and Mariners designs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8BW14    249

Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys. I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

This is excellent and needs just a couple things:

 

- Add the sleeve stripes to the pants. It's the Dbacks, so it's OK to go a bit crayyyy.

 

- A sleeve logo would work, too.

I didn't do a sleeve patch because I didn't want it to compete with the big stripes for attention and I think this uniform has plenty going on already. As for the pants, I don't  know I might try it. I don't know if that would clutter it up? I was really going for a clean look.

 

12 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Good start to the series. A couple recommendations:

 

- Arch the NOB.
 

- Something looks off about the half red/half black sock design. I'd stick with red or black and make both sides of the turquoise stripe the other color.

 

Just curious, will you be using some of the same designs that you posted in this thread? I particularly liked your Padres, Rays and Mariners designs.

The straight NOB was an oversight that I caught at the last minute and just decided to leave it because I thought, eh it might work. I'll fix that. As far as the socks go, I was trying to mimic the pattern in the logo and sleeves. Maybe it too much, I'll try your suggestion. 

 

Yes I'll probably be using those concepts as a starting point, at least. I have something different for the Padres, but I'll show the old concept too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MCM0313    764
3 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Although there are has been an influx of baseball concepts on here lately, I thought I would finally throw my hat into the ring. I have been working on this project in my free time for a while and I finally have something to show you guys. Basically, I wanted to reign in the alternate overload in baseball and give each team a great look, some will get pretty drastic changes and some teams will get some pretty minimal changes. Each team will get a home uniform, road uniform, alternate uniform/jersey, and a batting practice jersey where I chose to have some fun and go outside of the box or look back at some historical looks. I have the National League done and I'm going to start with a team from the NL West today and I'll do my best to get a new team up every day or two.

 

So without further ado, I have the Arizona Diamondbacks. I think most of us would agree the Diamondbacks uniforms are a big mess with way too much going on, to say the least. One thing I think they did get right was the great red, black, and turquoise color scheme, it definitely has a Southwestern feel to it. My concept for the Diamondbacks is simple and modern, drawing inspiration from past Diamondbacks' uniforms. The primary home uniform is white, the road is gray, the alt is red and BP is black.  

 

 

arizona diamondbacks presentation.png

arizona diamondbacks presentation 2.png

 

So here it is. As always, Id love to hear what everyone thinks an C&C is definitely welcome. Thanks for taking a look and the Padres are on the way tomorrow.

MOAR TURQUOISE PLZ!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H11K    278
8 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Although there are has been an influx of baseball concepts on here lately, I thought I would finally throw my hat into the ring. I have been working on this project in my free time for a while and I finally have something to show you guys. Basically, I wanted to reign in the alternate overload in baseball and give each team a great look, some will get pretty drastic changes and some teams will get some pretty minimal changes. Each team will get a home uniform, road uniform, alternate uniform/jersey, and a batting practice jersey where I chose to have some fun and go outside of the box or look back at some historical looks. I have the National League done and I'm going to start with a team from the NL West today and I'll do my best to get a new team up every day or two.

 

So without further ado, I have the Arizona Diamondbacks. I think most of us would agree the Diamondbacks uniforms are a big mess with way too much going on, to say the least. One thing I think they did get right was the great red, black, and turquoise color scheme, it definitely has a Southwestern feel to it. My concept for the Diamondbacks is simple and modern, drawing inspiration from past Diamondbacks' uniforms. The primary home uniform is white, the road is gray, the alt is red and BP is black.  

 

 

arizona diamondbacks presentation.png

arizona diamondbacks presentation 2.png

 

So here it is. As always, Id love to hear what everyone thinks an C&C is definitely welcome. Thanks for taking a look and the Padres are on the way tomorrow.

Every D-Backs concept I have seen recently has been outstanding and this is no exception. The colors and design are really well balanced it's awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8BW14    249

5907d4f5dc941_arizonadiamondbackspresentation.png.b5552f6df0cda1cd02bfb9709be93f05.png5907d4fa90303_arizonadiamondbackspresentation2.png.2ad12a2587087803fe7cff15fed0baf8.png

I just have a couple updates/fixes. I changed the socks to single color socks and arched the NOB. Thanks again for all of the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8BW14    249

This post should please all of you guys out there who are "Back to Brown" fans. I have totally embraced brown for the San Diego Padres' new uniforms. I actually have two designs to to show you guys today. One is pretty conservative and I had a little more fun with the other. 

 

First at I have brown-only Padres. If the Padres insist on being a one color team they should be wearing brown, not blue. The look is pretty straight forward, traditional piping and a splash of color in the swinging friar sleeve patch. I have always had a soft spot for the sand road uniforms and I have included them here. I also went with a brown alternate jersey and a batting practice jersey based on a Padres historical look.

 

IMG_0777.PNG.827227caf3772462b5909ad658124ec9.PNG

IMG_0776.PNG.559ed9d75db4053ad6ef753e94c4ec98.PNG

 

Next, I have a pretty similar look with some more color. Brown remains the primary color, but gold and powder blue are more prominent in the script and striping.

 

IMG_0778.PNG.e7215741bee4053338625a29aa98a7f5.PNG

IMG_0779.PNG.dfa8c98da76d394a4b833d21942f61b9.PNG

 

(I know Matt Kemp doesn't play for the Padres anymore but this is kind of an old concept.)

 

Well thanks for taking a look and as always, C&C is definitely appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mamiller99    83

I'm not a huge fan of the scripts that have powder blue. It seems like too muted of a tint, and just looks kinda off. I'd recommend a warmer/more vibrant powder blue. Right now, the Padres just really look earthy and muted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coco1997    1,000

I prefer the set with blue. It has more character than the top version. That road alt looks fantastic. 

 

Are my eyes deceiving me or is your "Padres" wordmark a different size and angle on the home and home alt? You should fix one to fit the other for consistency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8BW14    249
17 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I prefer the set with blue. It has more character than the top version. That road alt looks fantastic. 

 

Are my eyes deceiving me or is your "Padres" wordmark a different size and angle on the home and home alt? You should fix one to fit the other for consistency. 

I agree. I actually prefer the blue set too. I just wanted to see what brown only would look like.

 

It does look like the word marks are a different size, not sure how that happened.

 

Thanks for the comments guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bradsbeard    22

Love both the AZ and SD sets. I prefer the first SD set with just a splash of blue. That's a great clean look that can stand out among all the blue and red in MLB. Only suggestion would be to maybe color either the S or D in the logo yellow to give the set another splash of color. But I think the mostly brown set is a great look. 

 

I also like rhe turquoise, red, and black D-Backs look the best of their current set. This is a big upgrade. I agree with not putting a pant stripe on there. 

 

Good stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8BW14    249

Okay I'm back with the Colorado Rockies after a day off from this thread. In my opinion, the Rockies don't necessarily look bad, but they do look boring. I really wish they would emphasize purple more over black, so that's what I did. I redesigned the logo and added green as a secondary color, replacing black. Both the home and road uniforms feature purple pinstripes which have been traditional at home for the Rockies and used in the past on the road. The alternate is a clean purple jersey that can be worn with either set of pants and a purple cap with a green bill. The bp jersey is basically an inverse of the alt, but with the monogram on the left side of the chest.IMG_0770.PNG.65ea4922f4b37d44f99ca43880b4d7be.PNG

 

IMG_0771.PNG.a513a8a8058a75978faa7060b63beeff.PNG

 

The idea was to keep things simple but add some flair with brighter colors and a western inspired old-timey font and a new logo. 

 

Id love to hear your thoughts and always appreciate any C&C. Thanks again for taking a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeus89725    940

Can't tell if I like the green or not. The logos and jerseys are fine, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kroywen    1,367

I love it! An absolutely great job on this Rockies concept!

 

I've always been partial to a Vikings-esque purple and gold color scheme for the Rockies, myself, but the purple and green work together delightfully. And it'd be a unique color scheme among the big four leagues, given that the Bucks have long since ditched purple and green. 

 

And I absolutely love that script and that logo. That is a gorgeous retro script that looks perfect for a team located at the very frontier of the "old west."

 

The only thing I'd say - and this is entirely a matter of personal preference - is that I think the road unis would look better sans pinstripes. I've never been a fan of road pinstripes - I don't think they look good against a gray background, IMO. But that's just me personally; there's plenty of people who love road pinstripes and wish for their reappearance in baseball. And I will say, if there's any team that road pinstripes would make sense for, it's the Rockies. Am also wondering how a matching "Colorado" script would look on the roads. 

 

All in all, if the Rockies adopted this tomorrow, it'd be a tremendous upgrade over their dated identity, and one of the better redesigns in any sport in recent memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coco1997    1,000

I like this color combo for the Rockies, but I feel that the shade of purple you've used is too dark. On the home jersey, for instance, the green trim bleeds into the purple wordmark. It could also be that the pinstripes are muddying everything up. On that note, I agree with @kroywen that the road set would look better without them. 

 

Also, I love that green alt and I think it's too good to be relegated to BP jersey status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8BW14    249

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll try a lighter purple, maybe something closer to what they actually wear now. A matching Colorado wordmark is a good idea too. I think I'll try a road uni without pinstripes but my inclinations nation would be to keep them. I'll have the updates up as soon as I can and I'll have the Giants up later today.

 

Thanks again for the interest in this series, I really appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! My only criticism would be that the interlocking CR isn't quite as clean as the current, and not very easy to make out. Other than that, great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now