Sign in to follow this  
nuordr

Best NFL Weekly Matchups

18 hours ago, slapshot said:

Some how I think the low ranking of the Patriots helmet has more to do with team popularity rather than aesthetics.

No, it's pretty bad.

The problem with this is that it is hard to separate aesthetics from success of the team wearing it.

I may be biased as a Browns fan in liking our old set (though I like the brown facemask so much more than white or gray), but there are some glaring issues with uniforms that are 'popular'. The biggest culprit has to be the Cowboys. If the Cowboys were an expansion team in 2002 instead of the Texans (the franchise histories reversed), they'd be somewhere at the bottom for their mismatched colors alone. Maybe even the "what the hell does a Star have to do with cowboys, etc."

Steelers, Packers, and even Browns with the old 'sleeve cap' stripes look horrendous. Sure, in the days of long sleeves, they looked good, but the sleeve caps they use now just look ridiculous. Especially Green Bay that had to modify their stripes because modern uniforms couldn't fit them all in.

I think when most people are judging "uniform" the two things they're looking at are: logo and color usage. Anything with 'outrageous' colors isn't going to be popular with the majority of people. Reds, blues, greens, yellows, black and gray are the colors most are 'okay' with, and consider white lacking as all teams are basically required to have a white uniform, it's usage isn't considered stylistic. Fans aren't looking at 'striping consistency' or "off-color panels or piping lines that don't make sense compared to other usages", etc. They're just like "ooh, pretty colors," and check they like that uniform.

There's also confirmation bias. The teams doing well are probably more likely to have more fans outspoken on the 'love' of their team's look and associate the success with that look and consider it 'beautiful' when the same in reverse can be said for losing. If the Jags, in all their hideousness had won 5 Super Bowls in 10 years with that set... they'd be somewhere in the top ten the way the Steelers 'we can only afford logos on one side, which also sport two colors found nowhere else on our uniform' does.

2 hours ago, daniel75 said:

No, it's pretty bad.

Really? I've always liked the Flying Elvis helmet.

2 hours ago, slapshot said:

What makes it bad?

The logo.

8 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Really? I've always liked the Flying Elvis helmet.

Patriot Pat throwback helmet looks great to me. Hell change Pat's face to Brady or Belichick or Kraft 

10 hours ago, slapshot said:

What makes it bad?

8 hours ago, daniel75 said:

The logo.

This is just the sort of in depth critical analysis we all come here for.

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is just the sort of in depth critical analysis we all come here for.

Really? I dislike the rendering of the logo, there you go bud. 

The results of the NFL Uniform Survey are in and the winner is the Oakland Raiders. There were 154 surveys completed overall and the worst uniform went to the....Jacksonville Jaguars. To see the full list from 1 - 32, please click the link below. 

1. Oakland Raiders

2. Green Bay Packers

3. Kansas City Chiefs

4. Buffalo Bills

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

31. Cleveland Browns

32. Jacksonville Jaguars

http://uniwatchfansfb.blogspot.com/2017/05/nfl-team-uniform-survey-results-for.html

Thanks for participating. 

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

The results of the NFL Uniform Survey are in and the winner is the Oakland Raiders. There were 154 surveys completed overall and the worst uniform went to the....Jacksonville Jaguars. To see the full list from 1 - 32, please click the link below. 

1. Oakland Raiders

2. Green Bay Packers

3. Kansas City Chiefs

4. Buffalo Bills

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

31. Cleveland Browns

32. Jacksonville Jaguars

http://uniwatchfansfb.blogspot.com/2017/05/nfl-team-uniform-survey-results-for.html

Just like it has been stated before, the NFC North for sure has the best looking division, all 4 teams in the top 11. Even though I despise everything about GB, Chicago, and Minnesota even I will admit that them along with the Lions all look great.

6 hours ago, nuordr said:

1. Oakland Raiders

2. Green Bay Packers

3. Kansas City Chiefs

4. Buffalo Bills

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

31. Cleveland Browns

32. Jacksonville Jaguars

im sure there is some correlation to be made between longevity and likability. or, new ideas taking time to be understood and therefore, liked. thanks for doing the survey Nuordr

A lot of high praise around here for the Bears so I'm surprised they didn't make this list. Now we truly have nothing going for us ??

9 hours ago, Midway said:

A lot of high praise around here for the Bears so I'm surprised they didn't make this list. Now we truly have nothing going for us ??

i always like to order them by tiers. so taking these results and building tiers from the whole numbers (is that the correct term?), they fall into tier 2

Raiders

Packers, Chiefs, Bills, Steelers, Bears

Colts, Vikings, Chargers, Giants, Lions, Saints, 49ers, Cowboys

Seahawks, Dolphins, Panthers, Washington, Texans, Broncos, Jets, Ravens, Titans

Eagles, Rams, Patriots, Falcons, Cardinals, Bengals

Buccaneers, Browns

Jaguars

The link is now working 

Done. You still have the Sabres yellow alt showing. 

I'm not exactly sure what you're going for here, but it may make sense to wait for the draft when the Wild (and a couple more??) have some changes.  Anyway, I took the survey.  The biggest surprise I am seeing thus far is the number of "1" ratings for the Flames.  I rated them fairly low, too because I feel they are pooping on a potentially great thing...partly because of the black.  But most of you like the black, so they must be getting hit hard for the piping, flags, and/or vertical stripes.

19 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I'm not exactly sure what you're going for here, but it may make sense to wait for the draft when the Wild (and a couple more??) have some changes.  Anyway, I took the survey.  The biggest surprise I am seeing thus far is the number of "1" ratings for the Flames.  I rated them fairly low, too because I feel they are pooping on a potentially great thing...partly because of the black.  But most of you like the black, so they must be getting hit hard for the piping, flags, and/or vertical stripes.

I am the site owner on the Uni Watch Fans Facebook page and our members wanted to us to do several uniform surveys. So I decided that if I do one for our page that I would also do one for this page. It is all in fun and there is no hidden agenda other than letting people express their opinion and me calculating the results.Besides I love doing surveys. 

Also, on this page we criticize everything about the new NCAA football uniforms, so I thought it would be wise to create a survey for each new set so the community can vote on the uniforms and at the beginning of the season, I could post the ratings to see which uniform was the best of the bunch.