Nike NBA Redesigns - Phoenix suns

Jacobseye

Okay, so as many of you may know, the NBA will switch from Adidas to Nike starting next season. Along with that comes advertisements and possibly adding the swoosh on the jersey.

Lets start with the worst team in the league,  of course it's the Brooklyn Nets. I added 4 lines on the home and away jerseys.red,blue,green and yellow. The Word mark is also in a cursive font on the home,away,and alternate jerseys. The throwback jersey is simply the 90s uniform but in black and white, and the sponsor is an enterprise software company called Infor. Infor another year of suffering for Nets fans, that is.

BKLYN.thumb.png.f919b1f0d56c3434b8100b9ace0172d5.png

Up Next is the Phoenix Suns

The pop of color on the side panels is a good addition design-wise and an excellent tie-in with the borough's subway system. The wordmark script leaves a little to be desired, and the contrasting belt buckles on every uniform excluding the away are perplexing if not unnecessary. Maybe it's just my '90s nostalgia, but as obscure as the black-and-white throwback is, I think I like it! It could use matching side panels on the shorts or lose the side panels altogether, but I like it. Good start!

• 4 weeks later...

Up Next is the Phoenix Suns

I used a brighter shade of Orange and left purple them same. The away jersey is now black and purple is used as an alternate. The word mark on the jersey is straight rather than diagonal now. The sponsor is the identity theft protection system Lifelock, which is headquartered in Arizona.

Suns.thumb.png.4e844cf522a7470cb93089f8b9035001.png

Up next is the LA Lakers

Archived