Liga Nacional de Futbol(Ticondez Posted)

_DietDrPepper_

In my previous attempt at posting my own topics I've noticed I've lacked the attention span to finish the simplest of tasks, which is entirely my fault. But I've think I've got myself into something I may be able to finish. It's a Fictional Country, Fictional teams and players. Here are the few sketches for the first teams, I'll get descriptions up hopefully soon, and the league logo is in process, I don't know how much I like it right now, So criticism appreciated 

Isla Pura is the country and is devided into 16 states each with a capital (grey dot)and some have bigger cities, that will eventually have a team(red dot)the country capital is San Juan or the star

oh and all I'm able to do are hand drawn logos, trying to get computer and online things but I'm having a struggle I may start converting the ones I've done to the computer if I can get it before this is done

im staying hopeful

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

Teams done so far:

Dos Lagos C.F.

Playa Anna (Delfines C.F.)

Playa Suave (Salamandres C.F.)

San Julio (Espadas C.F.)

San Juan (Isla Pura C.F.)

Guadelupe C.F.

Monte Cruz Atletico

Monte Carmen Rosas C.F.

Porte Oro C.F.

Ticondez Marineros C.F.

Rio Azul (Tiburones C.F.)

C.F. Fortuna 

Monte Limon C.F.

Rio Karina (Capital C.F.)

Teams left to be done:

Gonzalo C.F.

Dos Lagos Atletico

San Juan C.F.

San Diego Leones C.F.

Santa Vincente Toros C.F.

Juan Carlos C.F.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Salamandres C.F.

Playa Suave is the Second largest City in the country. But financial struggles kept them without a team until 1980. The mascot "Salamandres" or Salamanders in English was dubbed the name of the team because it's a commonly found animal in Playa Suave, even the main beach is nicknamed "La Playa del Salamadres" so the name was inevitable. The team drew in immediate fans and revenue. Then within their first ten years they made a Copa Nacional. Although they made it in 1989 they lost, but returned the next year and won it with their star scorer and league scoring record holder Mateo Henriquez. Henriquez would go on to get injured the next year and never return to the finals or even come close to the scoring he once did. He played his whole career with Playa Suave. Los Salamandres would never relive the glory they had in the late 80's and early 90's. With arguably the country's biggest fan base, Los Salamandres have been in the center of the league standing for what seems like forever.

C.F. Guadeloupe 

Guadeloupe is one of the biggest cities in the Country, being the former capital when Spain was still colonizing them. C.F Guadeloupe has one of the biggest rivalries in sports. Dos Lagos And Guadeloupe were the two biggest Cities in the Spanish colonies, but Guadeloupe wanted to be independent were Dos Lagos didn't. Cities like San Pablo and Santa Vincente were actually formed due to the small camps used by the two main cities during the small WAR that broke out between the two back in 1804. Ever since then the cities have had a bad reputation for hating each other, and that directly translates to soccer. C.F. Guadeloupe has been significantly better though, having three separate back to back championships and six total trophies represented by the three stars on their crest. Them and Dos  Lagos C.F. Play every year in the Copa Guerrero. Guadeloupe obviously leading the series 20-13 ever since it started in 1984, 180 years after the war started.

Dos Lagos C.F.

Like I said previously, Dos Lagos has a special place for Guadeloupe in its heart, and holds a special memory of the war on its crest. Dos Lagos is a city named after, well, the two lakes on the north and east side of the city. Dos Lagos has had a good team for a long time, but has yet to win any else but one championship and although being the biggest city in the Country, is still hated as a Club due to its spainish heritage on the crest. The crest is composed of the city name, a star for the one championship it has, the saying "Vox Populi" which is Latin for "Voice of the People" and the Spainish flag but with two white crosses in the middle representing the two lakes. The government of Columbia del Norte has even stepped in once to settle the conflict. But found there is nothing wrong having its soccer team have direct ties to a civil war.

working on other teams, any comments?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Not a bad start! This does have a real-league feel. The league logo looks good, but I would make the boxes a little closer to each other. The club logos look great for being hand-drawn, but could we see the jerseys be colored? Lastly, are you having trouble making the logos on a computer program? I could help if you need it.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Not a bad start! This does have a real-league feel. The league logo looks good, but I would make the boxes a little closer to each other. The club logos look great for being hand-drawn, but could we see the jerseys be colored? Lastly, are you having trouble making the logos on a computer program? I could help if you need it.

Thanks, I'm used to having to draw my own logos, I'm actually not old enough to have my own computer to buy any program, although I am talking a I.T. class at my school so when I can buy one I know how to use it. And any other comments on the other logos, oh yes I am almost done coloring the kits. Have that up really really soon

3YCQJRO.png

Espadas C.F.

Espadas (Swords) C.F. are located in San Julio, City. They have kinda been a bottom feeder team, never having a winning record since 1997, and never even making a Copa Nacional. The Crest is crossing "Espadas" Spanish for swords. With a ball, the team initials, and the establishment date of the team, 1951. They may seem bad but they do have one of the better players in the league, David Gonzales. At age 25, he is a great midfielder. Who leads his position in goals.

How do you like the jerseys since I got the colored in, (finally) and Espadas C.F. 

I also edited the league logo, separated the squares more

image.jpg

image.jpg

3YCQJRO.png

Delfines C.F. 

Delfines C.F. is located in Playa Anna on the Far East coast of the country. Los Delfines are a mediocre team that always seem to be in the middle of the pack, they do however always end up with a winning record or at least are at .500. The also somehow end up better than expected every year making use of their... lackluster team. But with a strong defense and a good coach, they seem to make it work. They've always been able to do somewhat well in the regular season, but tournaments must be their kriptonite because they've never made a Copa Nacional even while being the best in the country for four straight years back in the eighties!

Yes Color major color inspiration from the Denver nuggets 

IMG_1871.JPG

3YCQJRO.png

Wishing for some comments

Monte Cruz Atletico

Monte Cruz is located on Monte Cruz, in Palmalito. Their Team was one of the original 6 teams from 1950. The won the first ever championship. And that's the only one they've ever won, but lately they've been back on top, having the best record back a few years ago. They almost won it in the 60s too but lost. They are like the San Antonio Spurs of the League, the somehow always get forgotten and go unnoticed.

IMG_1889.JPG

3YCQJRO.png

These are pretty good, but to improve I would suggest one of two things:

1) Do this on non-lined paper, since the lines take away from your design

or(preferably)

2) Get a template that you can print out such as @TheGiantsFan's template

Your work is good but doing this would improve your designs.

IxkieML.png

I think the teams and their respective identities are really strong. I'd also recommend using some kind of a printed out template to help guide things along the way, but nonetheless its a good start!

buftxsig.png

Working on a few sketches here, not available to get the templates now, but thanks for finding one for me, looks really clean.

Rope Circle or Steering Wheel Circle? I'm also leaning to the first color scheme more, but I'd love to see some input.

image.jpg

3YCQJRO.png

I'm not really a follower of soccer, but I like what I see. I say the Blue/White/Gold color scheme would work best. I'm also all for the steering wheel logo.

591ec53b9bf0a_ABLChamps.png.988aea6f30fd9cb827c4ad87f8b6d031.png

Guest darkpiranha

Everything looks great so far!  I did the hand-drawn stuff way way back in the stone age, before computers, and I appreciate just how much work goes into them.  As with all the really good hand-drawn series, I'd really love to see these turned into full digital images and to see how much your creativity takes off with all the digital tools at your disposal.  There are plenty of free options out there.  With your attention to detail, and the amount of time and care you obviously put into all these, I think you're a perfect candidate for diving in and learning Gimp or Inkscape and Photoshop or Illustrator down the line.

Regardless, keep em coming!  

Archived