2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

Draft is over and we are about 2.5 months to training camp and 3 months until the HoF Game. People seem to be excited to see some of these uniforms on the new template... so let me post the first match-up combo of the 2017 NFL season.

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 hours from the time of the game to post corrections as I am not always at my computer at the time of the games.

Hall Of Fame Game
Cardinals @ Cowboys
GEj2aBv.jpguPoTbVX.jpg

Preseason Week 1

Preseason Week 2
Preseason Week 3

Preseason Week 4

Regular Season Week 1
Regular Season Week 2
Regular Season Week 3
Regular Season Week 4
Regular Season Week 5
Regular Season Week 6

Regular Season Week 7

Regular Season Week 8

Regular Season Week 9

Regular Season Week 10

Regular Season Week 11
Regular Season Week 12

Regular Season Week 13

Regular Season Week 14

Regular Season Week 15

Regular Season Week 16

Regular Season Week 17

Post Season Wild Card Round
Post Season Divisional Round

Post Season Championship Round

Pro Bowl & Super Bowl LII

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

I think it would across the board?  I remember that distinctly with the Broncos for their color rush last season but I could be incorrect as well

The Broncos' color rush didn't have the horizontal upper chest seam.

IMG_3852.JPG.0f6eac16667f1328b9bd1e06f372a8a0.JPG

And to answer @oldschoolvikings's question, it seems like that upper chest seam is used for teams who have some sort of paneling near the top or sides of the jerseys, or for the teams who have shoulder stripes. I feel like Arizona probably could've done without the seam, but perhaps not.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

22 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Broncos' color rush didn't have the horizontal upper chest seam.

IMG_3852.JPG.0f6eac16667f1328b9bd1e06f372a8a0.JPG

And to answer @oldschoolvikings's question, it seems like that upper chest seam is used for teams who have some sort of paneling near the top or sides of the jerseys, or for the teams who have shoulder stripes. I feel like Arizona probably could've done without the seam, but perhaps not.

Yeah, I knew about the shoulder stripes... the Colts and Jets have a seam to accommodate the bottom cut off of their shoulder stripes (although a new template might be a good place to try to solve that problem, altogether).  But I was thrown a bit by the seam on that Cardinal jersey... not sure what purpose it serves. 

All has to do with jersey design. As the Cardinals white has the red side panels and yoke the seam is needed to make the jersey the right way. Since the design is the same for all the Cardinals jerseys with only the colors of areas differing they are designed and constructed the same for consistency.

7 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The Cowboys graphic would seem to indicate they are sticking with the old construction metallic silver pants.

Do you have the Falcons graphics? Curious to see how the design translates over to the new template.

From what I have access to it appears the Cowboys are only adopting the Vapor jersey but not the pants.

I have all 32 but am still in the process of getting things made.

35 minutes ago, canzman said:

From what I have access to it appears the Cowboys are only adopting the Vapor jersey but not the pants.

I have all 32 but am still in the process of getting things made.

I assume the Raiders will join the 'Boys by sticking with the old construction silver pants as well. Looking forward to seeing confirmation of that from you.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, canzman said:

All has to do with jersey design. As the Cardinals white has the red side panels and yoke the seam is needed to make the jersey the right way. Since the design is the same for all the Cardinals jerseys with only the colors of areas differing they are designed and contracted the same for consistency.

OK, that makes sense.

Questions for you...in the Rams thread, someone posted this logo slick...

Is this what how 2017 uniform/logo slicks are formatted? Have they always been formatted this way? Yours look different, so I am just curious if you're working from different files, then reformatting them differently to post here, especially since yours include shoes and a rear helmet view.

33908289000_0c93674be7_o.png

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So, on that new template how is it decided who gets that horizontal upper chest seam and who doesn't?

I think it might be like this because the white jersey has red shoulders 

11 hours ago, slapshot said:

Questions for you...in the Rams thread, someone posted this logo slick...

Is this what how 2017 uniform/logo slicks are formatted? Have they always been formatted this way? Yours look different, so I am just curious if you're working from different files, then reformatting them differently to post here, especially since yours include shoes and a rear helmet view.

33908289000_0c93674be7_o.png

So logo slicks have always included a version of the uniforms, but they have historically had inaccuracies in terms of the uniform as that is not their main purpose and there are also uniform slicks that have way more uniform detail. Those Uniform documents have not yet been made available.

The NFL launched a new site for these resources this year and are still populating it but this is the first year for this logo slick layout. I work off the NFL files and fix some of the issues as I build my graphics as well as add a few things that I created. For one the colors that the Slick uses on the uniforms do not match the color values listed on the slick. So the first thing I do is color correction. Hope this answers your question.

7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I just voted for the Colts game for the 2nd one. I was torn between that game and the next home date from there vs the Redskins.  I didn't want the throwbacks to be worn vs Seattle like last season.

Just curious - and this is probably a mod question - is there any way that this thread could have weekly 'stickies' within it, such that there would be a way to go from week to week reviewing which uniforms were worn, as opposed to needing to scroll the entire thread?

[/threadjack][love your work][try the veal]

It's where I sit.

• 2 months later...

Camps are opening and the HoF game has been posted since May so how about some looks at week 1 of the pre-season and all 32 teams :)

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me 24 hours from the time of the game to post corrections as I am not always at my computer at the time of the games.

Preseason Week 1 (Part 1)
Texans @ Panthers
PpFtJnW.jpgPh6mabg.jpg
Falcons @ Dolphins
G8145JJ.jpg8oqj3E8.png
Vikings @ Bills
Ujyaszf.jpgeaehjsH.jpg
Jaguars @ Patriots
i58oHvE.jpgyw3vaUr.jpg
Redskins @ Ravens
BxD9c3a.jpgjcClE09.jpg

Archived