2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unpopular opinion (amongst Redskins fans anyway): I hated the Skins white on white run in the 2005 season, that carried over into 2006. I tolerated it because they made a playoff run with that look, but I was dying for them to stop it. Honestly I've never liked the Redskins in white pants no matter what jersey they wore with them. The current home/away uniform situation the Skins have works for me. Just switch the striped burgundy socks for the plain burgundy socks.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 11/8/2017 at 8:08 PM, Old School Fool said:

I noticed that too. It doesn't make much sense for the Dolphins to randomly wear throwbacks on the road plus the team announced they weren't wearing throwbacks until Week 17.

Nfm9ExC.png

Also, ESPN used the throwback logo when they wore them on MNF in 2015 too.

15 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Maybe they forgot to update the graphic from last years game? lol

15 hours ago, arron said:

Most likely or they are using the only logo they have bc there playing the patriots on mnf and wearing throwback and the dolphins are wearing throwback before week 17 they released saying week 14 and 17 

ESPN probably just forgot to update the graphics because if you look at the TV's in the commercial, it shows the regular Dolphins helmet, not the throwback helmet.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This Seahawk / Cardinal game is monstrously ugly. 

What an absolute debacle this Color Rush garbage is.  Most of the time, the color on color aspect can't even happen because of visual confusion, and when they actually pull it off, it looks like complete $#!+.

The worst part is when the dearth of "true Color Rush" matchups (i.e. neither team wearing white) drive me to actually yearn for weeks where both teams wear color (if you're gonna put this trainwreck on display, you may as well do it right, I suppose). It still looks &#!%ing terrible anyways. The Seahawks' green is a blight on good eyesight, and I don't even know why they let black slide into the program as a "Rush of Color," let alone white.

I can't believe that the NFL, of all entities, is allowing this massive joke to plague it's brand. Even if you could argue that it looks kewl to some folks (somehow), it never works like it was intended. Half of the whole program has become "White Rush" between the color conflicts, colorblindness conflicts, and teams that were somehow allowed to essentially bypass the program and choose white in the first place. It's almost as if the essential point of Color Rush has shifted from being "come see two teams duke it out both dressed from headneck to toe in wacky colors!" to "come see your home team dressed up all in one color while the away team contrasts that by being forced to wear their most bland look possible, I guess."

How embarrassing.

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I'd still like to see them break out the white pants for at least one or two games a season.

Burgundy over Gold: 7 games

White over Burgundy: 7 games

White over White: 1 home & 1 away

Thinking about it now, I think all white would be a better Color Rush option instead of the all gold.

I would amend this to be

white over white: 1 away

burgundy over white: one home (1pm, late in season). 2012 was the last season Washington wore burgundy over white in the regular season. I think it's a great look for an October or November home 1pm game. I specifically recall 2012 vs. the Eagles as a time when it looked great. For example, would look fantastic this Sunday vs. the Vikings.

image.png.0f9f09b9bf05c30c702b68f66737a03d.png

On the subject of what to wear at home against the Cowboys, that aspect is honestly the biggest one that wishes they would wear white at home again. White at home for Washington is a longstanding classic look, but I don't mind burgundy jerseys (gold or white pants) for most home games. Only exception is when they wear burgundy at home vs the Cowboys. Growing up, I just loved knowing the Cowboys were forced into wearing their navy jerseys, especially after one or two "unlucky" losses to Washington AT Dallas while they wore navy throwback jerseys.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

10 hours ago, msubulldog said:

I'm still waiting for a regular season game in the current kit where they go red over white at home.

Maybe they only do white pants and red tops on the road like how the Seahawks wear grey pants on the road when forced to wear navy

On 11/6/2017 at 3:49 PM, goforbroke said:

Jumping ahead to Week 11. The cowboys are the only team wearing white at home, so eagles will wear green on the road. And yes that means the Browns are wearing brown at home. Titans and Steelers for color rush.. light blue vs Black seems like enough clash to me but who knows. 

There are 2 throwbacks scheduled, no alternates. Bears and Packers have already been announced as the throwbacks. 

In case anyone was wondering (i was so i looked ) for the Packers the green face mask is actually on the style guide for the throwbacks. Other teams have changed face masks for color rush or alts even with the 1 Helmet rule so maybe they will change this year we’ll see.  

Most likely the packers will. But what color would they change it to.?

2 hours ago, arron said:

Most likely the packers will. But what color would they change it to.?

Why do you say that? They haven’t changed the facemasks in years past, so I doubt they’ll just start this year out of the blue.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Regular Season Week 11 (Part1) (BYES: Panthers, Colts, Jets, 49ers)
Titans @ Steelers
awdULdi.jpgWLR8jy7.jpg
Cardinals @ Texans
oC2kE8h.jpgPpFtJnW.jpg
Ravens @ Packers
jcClE09.jpgEFi06d8.jpg
Lions @ Bears
5lmXObS.png2b7lOyO.jpg
Jaguars @ Browns
3rjr9eA.jpg0O6vCAn.jpg
Chiefs @ Giants
lRA7SOF.jpgXlfarhb.jpg
Rams @ Vikings
aIpPBEf.pngUjyaszf.jpg

12 minutes ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

@canzman the browns wont wear white because @goforbroke said only the cowboys are wearing white at home, im sure that the ravens will go all white, and if the bucs go red/white, they will probably use the pants with the red splashes

The Bucs haven't used those pants at all in the regular season. Why over half way though the season would they suddenly use them? If they planned to use them in the regular season don't you think they would have by now.

Archived