2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

3 hours ago, Nick72Phins said:

Do you guys think the Texans should wear red pants with the white jersey as a road uniform option.

3 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Absolutely NOT.  

I'd rather they go back to the Blue Jersey/White Pants/Red Socks combo at home first.  Leave the red pants, if they even exist (anymore), to the red jersey only 

I disagree. I think it not only should it be a road option but a home option as well. Especially since we're White over Blue road team # 6. Blue/Blue/Red/Blue would be a unique look to us. 

On 9/18/2017 at 6:51 PM, canzman said:

Nope... http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/uniform-combinations.html

They only do the white out thing at home

Last year's red over blue wasn't on the schedule, either.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I hate the Color Rush concept, I do think teams should be able to use elements of them to mix-and-match with their regular uniforms, such as:

Dolphins orange jersey

Ravens purple pants

Jaguars gold jersey and gold pants

Colts blue pants

Broncos orange pants

Chargers blue jersey and pants

Bears orange pants (?)

Buccaneers red pants

Panthers blue pants AND black pants

Falcons red pants

Rams yellow jersey and yellow pants

Seahawks green jersey and green pants

Cardinals black pants

Honestly, I wish they'd just make the Thursday Night games throwback games only.

33 minutes ago, Bluefalcon said:

While I hate the Color Rush concept, I do think teams should be able to use elements of them to mix-and-match with their regular uniforms, such as:

Dolphins orange jersey

Ravens purple pants

Jaguars gold jersey and gold pants

Colts blue pants

Broncos orange pants

Chargers blue jersey and pants

Bears orange pants (?)

Buccaneers red pants

Panthers blue pants AND black pants

Falcons red pants

Rams yellow jersey and yellow pants

Seahawks green jersey and green pants

Cardinals black pants

Honestly, I wish they'd just make the Thursday Night games throwback games only.

That was the original plan, right? Before the league and Nike realized several teams already had throwbacks and that more money could be made by creating a new concept that would result in an additional uniform for every team instead of just some?

20 hours ago, canzman said:

yup - so much for my theory.   too bad cuz that look is garbage.  I hate that the Rams are taking away yellow overall, but the white on white look (basically their current road uniforms) is a way better look than a yellow on yellow mustard bottle.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

7 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

That was the original plan, right? Before the league and Nike realized several teams already had throwbacks and that more money could be made by creating a new concept that would result in an additional uniform for every team instead of just some?

It was probably a combination of that, the one helmet rule and teams like the Panthers and Texans not having throwbacks.

10 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Have any teams changed their color rush uniforms this year?

The Niners' are very slightly different in that they switched from three poor stripes on the sleeves, to two good ones like they did on the regular uniforms. 

I still really hate the insistence that color rush means that every single item (other than helmets sometimes) must be the exact same color. I wish it were based more around just trying to have color vs. color whenever possible. I want to live in a world where we can have this matchup

Md4ERkq.jpg

vs

PH9MQTF.jpg

Instead of this mess we got

1cvcb9X.jpg

Confirmed on Twitter:

Eagles in green over white (have worn all black last 3 times vs. Giants)

Bills in blue over white (pretty much guarantees they will wear blue on blue for next home game (Week 7 vs. Tampa)

Would love to see the Bucs' love affair with the white pants come to an end..

17 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

So you guys were right about Titans going navy over white and the Seahawks going white over grey

Assuming the Seahawks really do end up wearing the gray pants, this is pretty close to best case scenario for this game. The Titans in their second best colored look (behind light blue over white) against the Seahawks in their best road look (IMO). It should be a pretty good looking game, at least when you consider the alternatives that each team could've gone with.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Browns confirmed a few things on Twitter today:

- White jerseys/white pants again this week (no mention of socks)

- Orange jerseys won't be used at all this year. Color rush won't be used at all this season either. (That's two straight years for no color rush. Thought they might use it in London since that's technically a TNF production, but no.)

- Brown over brown will happen at some point.

6 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Browns confirmed a few things on Twitter today:

- White jerseys/white pants again this week (no mention of socks)

- Orange jerseys won't be used at all this year. Color rush won't be used at all this season either. (That's two straight years for no color rush. Thought they might use it in London since that's technically a TNF production, but no.)

- Brown over brown will happen at some point.

All-white is easily their worst combo. I don't understand the obsession with it. As bad as the redesign was, at least it gave them some cool color options and brought back the popular orange pants. I expect a LA Rams style phasing out of this uniform set and a transition back to boring options. For a team that never wins, you'd think the front office would try to make the fans happy in other ways. Guess not.

It's an interesting decision, and it certainly plays into the notion they have buyer's remorse on this redesign. Personally, though, I'll take any combo with the white jerseys over any with these brown jerseys. I like having numbers you can see. To be clear, though, if the Browns stuck white numbers on the brown jersey, that absolutely would be my preference.

1 minute ago, CitizenTino said:

It's an interesting decision, and it certainly plays into the notion they have buyer's remorse on this redesign. Personally, though, I'll take any combo with the white jerseys over any with these brown jerseys. I like having numbers you can see. To be clear, though, if the Browns stuck white numbers on the brown jersey, that absolutely would be my preference.

The white jersey is definitely better than the brown, but I do like the orange. I just wish if they are going to wear white jerseys every game, wear orange or brown pants.

And why ignore the color rush option? It's far superior to any other jersey they have and they would sell a ton of them. 

Archived