2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Assuming the Seahawks really do end up wearing the gray pants, this is pretty close to best case scenario for this game. The Titans in their second best colored look (behind light blue over white) against the Seahawks in their best road look (IMO). It should be a pretty good looking game, at least when you consider the alternatives that each team could've gone with.

I'm going to be really bummed if Seattle comes out in the navy pants. White/navy/white vs. navy/white/navy would be brutal.

I'm very happy that the Titans have pretty much abandoned the world of colored pants at home. White pants are always the answer for the Titans when matched with either columbia or navy blue jerseys. They're also one of the few teams to have two different jerseys that could work really well as the primary home uniform. 

36 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The white jersey is definitely better than the brown, but I do like the orange. I just wish if they are going to wear white jerseys every game, wear orange or brown pants.

And why ignore the color rush option? It's far superior to any other jersey they have and they would sell a ton of them. 

I don't care for the Browns' unis, but man their color rush is brutal. Orange numbers are bad enough on the regular brown jerseys, but orange without an outline is just awful. 

13 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I thought jersey color for every game was decided in advanced. Like months before the season actually starts.

Maybe the wolf gray is considered white and they don't have to schedule that ahead of time. Pants are a weekly choice, but you'd think by Friday night, they would have decided.

9 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Maybe the wolf gray is considered white and they don't have to schedule that ahead of time. Pants are a weekly choice, but you'd think by Friday night, they would have decided.

Seahawks are supposed to wearing white with Titans in Navy. Pants can be decided anytime.   

The gray jersey is considered a white alt. So they can choose to wear it at home, or if they are on the road and the home team chooses color, Seahawks can wear white or gray. But they still count as 2 diff jerseys so they're supposed to pick one months in advance.  If I had to guess the mascot either doesn't know what they're wearing or is just having fun on twitter. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Going back to the Browns-- There are elements of those uniforms I actually really like.  I like the brown face mask, I think it works for them.  I like the new color scheme even though it got mocked all over the internet as such a subtle change it wasn't worth mentioning, I think it's a good color and a nice shade of orange.   I like that most of their uniform elements look natural... u see them in orange or brown or white and it looks like the same team.  As opposed to say the 49ers Black uniforms where you can't even tell what team is playing at first glance.   

also - I REALLY like the visible stiching. I think it's such a cool element and very unique, retro that works for that team.  And I like that they have the same over the numbers on front. It's a college- style look that works for a classic team. 

I think if you take the things that work and remove the ones that don't--- take off the pattern on the helmet stripe, fix the font and drop shadows, take the name off the pants and go to a traditional consistent striping throughout then you actually have a real winner to me (uniform wide at least)

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

18 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Browns, Cowboys, Chargers, Jets, and Buccaneers are wearing white at home next week. There's an alt and a throwback being worn but I'm not sure if those have been announced yet

Is it both throwback and alternate 

Archived