2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

20 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Hell no to all-burgundy! The one time I'll get superstitious about a uniform. I'll tell a little story:

When I was in seventh grade, going to Redskins game was a constant every fall. It was the Monday night before the 2008 election of Barack Obama, and the Redskins were 6-2 and Clinton Portis was a legit MVP candidate (and Madden cover candidate, just as important to me back then). You could say it was a memorable time! I remember distinctly driving to the car and talking way too much with my dad about uniforms. I talked over and over about it. I even floated the idea that they might do something different because it's Monday night and they're playing so well. We walked out into the stadium, dad rolled his eyes, and I just couldn't have been more excited to see the all-burgundy uniforms they broke out that night. It was so exciting.

Backup QB Byron Leftwich and the Steelers beat the Redskins 23-6. The Redskins finished the season 2-6, 8-8 overall, and missed the playoffs. No thanks to that look.

image.thumb.png.f376ad89071f92a2254c26b44abba05c.pngPittsburgh+Steelers+v+Washington+Redskin

Lol every Redskins game I've been to they've lost. First one was against the Rams in I believe 08 where they wore all white and lost at the last second by a field goal, second one was vs the Jets and they wore burgundy/white and lost again. Third time they wore burgundy/gold on Monday night vs the Seahawks and also lost that. I also went to some Wizards games and they are like 2-8 when I go so I think I might be bad luck for DC teams 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burgundy jerseys at home game appears to be definite as long as Bruce Allen is the Skin's GM. I've personally grown to love the burgundy over gold home uniforms. Just wish they'd replace the striped burgundy socks with the solid burgundy socks they used to wear with the white pants.

SN: Been a Redskins fan my whole life and hated that white on white period back in the 2005 season -_-

Hotter Than July > Thriller

23 hours ago, nuordr said:

Go to the link below and rate the NFL Week 3 match ups. We love to talk about the games, but if everyone would participate in the survey, we could put data behind everyone's collective thoughts. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeNVzjGpa4JQ-yC2zXpUc68N4DIbQGrVojQJ85phnebXuDymw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Results are in: 

1) Raiders at Redskins

2) Giants at Eagles 

3) Chiefs at Chargers

15) Rams at 49ers

16) Ravens at Jaguars 

Interesting that Infrared41 had the top 2 and worst in his rankings. 

You can view the entire rankings here: http://uniwatchfansfb.blogspot.com/2017/09/best-nfl-week-3-uniform-match-ups.html

spacer.png

3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Not sure if it's just me but I've noticed that Philly's green looks a lot better than I used to think. Especially in day light. I remember Nike having some issues making the green, but it seems like the slow and steady approach has paid off cause I think they look really good: 

usa-carson-wentz-zach-ertz.jpg?itok=gFbK

Yeah it looks better compared to this photo from 2012 when Nike first started

Michael+Vick+Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Cleveland+7uqLT6G3B36l.jpg

5 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Hey hey I was right! the one alt and one throwback for this week hadn't been announced yet a few days ago! I'm rarely correct on things I may or may not have seen lol

Ravens and Falcons it is.  

Can you share what weeks the browns are wearing brown? I'm gonna guess the London game and then Wk 14 and 15.

17 hours ago, DiePerske said:

nothing like robbing us of a fantastic uniform matchup color rash.

reasons why i hate alt jerseys, by the way. especially in football.

If it's your best jersey, make it a primary

Not arguing with you at all, but neither jersey in this case was an alt. The Bears look bad in all navy, and the Packers just added white pants to the set.

It's where I sit.

Archived