2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, canzman said:

Preseason Week 1 (Part 3)
49ers @ Chiefs

Titans @ Jets

Cowboys @ Rams

Raiders @ Cardinals

Lions @ Colts
5HPv0my.png

That Lions helmet needs some work.  Don't forget the tail stretches across the air hole.  

And your Buccaneers flag should still cover up the air hole as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Does the NFL let teams wear their third jerseys in the preseason again? They stopped letting them for a while.

The panthers did last year, its never been a rule they couldn't, just most never see the point of doing it, just another jersey to make for guys who may or may not make the team.

2017 Houston Texans home uniform combinations

As they usually do, the Texans will wear their "Liberty White" jerseys for their home opener — Week 1 vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Texans will wear their "Battle Red" jerseys vs. the San Francisco 49ers in Week 14. As far as the pants go, the Texans will wear the "Deep Steel Blue" pants vs. the Cleveland Browns and Arizona Cardinals in Weeks 6 and 11, respectively.

1 hour ago, dherrera_96 said:

As they usually do, the Texans will wear their "Liberty White" jerseys for their home opener — Week 1 vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Texans will wear their "Battle Red" jerseys vs. the San Francisco 49ers in Week 14. As far as the pants go, the Texans will wear the "Deep Steel Blue" pants vs. the Cleveland Browns and Arizona Cardinals in Weeks 6 and 11, respectively.

The week 6 matchup vs the Browns might be one of the fugliest of the years, especially if Cleveland wears orange or brown pants.

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Are the Giants really still planning to wear those pointless white pants again this year? I thought that was some anniversary deal.

I think they look 100x better with white pants. They gray didn't match anything besides the face mask.

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

I think they look 100x better with white pants. They gray didn't match anything besides the face mask.

IMO, a uniform in which things match can be nice, but has become over valued. I would be very interested in having things match if I was sending my five year old daughter off to kindergarten (well, at least my wife would)... However, if I'm interested in the New York Giants looking good, I'd put them in their gray pants, both home and road. When the Giants leave the white pants on a shelf somewhere, they might be the best looking team in the NFL.  

26 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

IMO, a uniform in which things match can be nice, but has become over valued. I would be very interested in having things match if I was sending my five year old daughter off to kindergarten (well, at least my wife would)... However, if I'm interested in the New York Giants looking good, I'd put them in their gray pants, both home and road. When the Giants leave the white pants on a shelf somewhere, they might be the best looking team in the NFL.  

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think they look fantastic in white pants and that makes them one of the best units in the NFL. The gray just feels so out of place for me. I'm kind of a sucker/stickler for matching though. I hate their road uniforms with no blue on the jersey and gray pants. I think they should be wearing the color rush set on the road just with the current logo on the helmet. Throw some blue outlines to the numbers and sleeve stripes on current at least. YMMV.

4 hours ago, msubulldog said:

The week 6 matchup vs the Browns might be one of the fugliest of the years, especially if Cleveland wears orange or brown pants.

The Jacksonville's one's gonna suck on the opponent end. Texans will look clean AF though.

5 hours ago, dherrera_96 said:

Mono-navy twice? Booo. That game vs. Chargers (who went yoga worsening things) last year was a train wreck. Still holding out they break out a new combo in the day of or in their road games like the Red over Navy last year.

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think they look fantastic in white pants and that makes them one of the best units in the NFL. The gray just feels so out of place for me. I'm kind of a sucker/stickler for matching though. I hate their road uniforms with no blue on the jersey and gray pants. I think they should be wearing the color rush set on the road just with the current logo on the helmet. Throw some blue outlines to the numbers and sleeve stripes on current at least. YMMV.

I agree, color rush as permanent roads with the Blues socks. The 'Jints are becoming too asymmetrical for my tastes. White pants as good as they look turns them into the another Cowboys.

I was hoping the Ravens was going to switch to the Vapor Template this season, but that is likely not going to be the case.  They looked really good last year in the Color Rush game with that template, and for certain it was going to carry over to the current uniforms.   Apparently not, but hopefully someday they would make the switch.

22 hours ago, canzman said:

Preseason Week 1 (Part 2)
Steelers @ Giants
gmw1R5x.jpg

This is wrong.  The Giants don't start wearing the white pants until the regular season. For preseason they wear Gray pants home and away.  Regular season they wear White pants at home, Gray pants on the road (even if they wear blue jerseys on the road its still with gray pants)

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

This is wrong.  The Giants don't start wearing the white pants until the regular season. For preseason they wear Gray pants home and away.  Regular season they wear White pants at home, Gray pants on the road (even if they wear blue jerseys on the road its still with gray pants)

This was true last season but that was also the first season with these new white pants. I don't think any of us can speak with absolute certainty on this yet based on one season as an example. Last season they also wore black cleats in the preseason but then made the switch to white for the regular season. I don't think that will be the case this year, but again we just have to wait and see.

14 minutes ago, canzman said:

This was true last season but that was also the first season with these new white pants. I don't think any of us can speak with absolute certainty on this yet based on one season as an example. Last season they also wore black cleats in the preseason but then made the switch to white for the regular season. I don't think that will be the case this year, but again we just have to wait and see.

Giants have worn white pants since 2013, according to that sportslogos.net site.

Those previous seasons the white was a one off/once a year thing. Last season they made it more of a full time thing by also making the cleat change. From everything I know this change was not done for just one season.

2 minutes ago, canzman said:

Those previous seasons the white was a one off/once a year thing. Last season they made it more of a full time thing by also making the cleat change. From everything I know this change was not done for just one season.

What did they wear last preseason even though the white pants were worn for all home games?

Archived