2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

God the jersey it looks terrible with the white helmets and pant stripes

Is this the worst matchup ever, Cowboys with different silver for helmet and pants, and this monsterous combo of Rams monochrome helmet and washed out blue with gold numbers?

On 9/15/2017 at 3:29 AM, canzman said:

They will wear the throw backs when they play the Raiders. The schedule only shows the jersey so you can only know the entire combo if there is only one pant choice. It is just guesses for me unless the team announces more but been a pretty good guesser.

Since our throwback is based off the 1965 away uniform, I fail to understand why we don't wear them twice a season. Once at home like for the Raiders game, and once on the road, preferably against one of the other 7 original AFL teams, or at Miami (if they're in their faux aqua jerseys), or at Cincinnati.

Thanks for getting back to me.

23 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Lions are wearing their blue pants today. They look pretty good, but I think they need silver socks - both to avoid the "yoga pants" look and to match the helmet.

kl0hYhu.jpg

White striped socks could also work well with that uniform. They need something to break up the yoga pants look.

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

Jets with white facemask this week 

What are the rules on something like this? Is it considered an alternate helmet/uniform, or can the Jets switch it up as much as they'd like?

7 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

White striped socks could also work well with that uniform. They need something to break up the yoga pants look.

What are the rules on something like this? Is it considered an alternate helmet/uniform, or can the Jets switch it up as much as they'd like?

Only things that can't change are the jersey and the helmet shell. 

Facemasks can, pants can, socks can. The jersey is just inside out, which is why the numbers look white. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Good thing the bills won. Now we'll probably get blue pants at Cincy next week in their orange tops. Should look nice!

And I'm glad The Titans got blown out in those awful navy pants that I thought were done being paired with the white jersey. And to wear them against a navy-heavy team just makes no sense.

49 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

And I'm glad The Titans got blown out in those awful navy pants that I thought were done being paired with the white jersey. And to wear them against a navy-heavy team just makes no sense.

Three-fourths of the AFC South is too heavy on darker shades of blue. The Titans could end this by making Titan/Columbia blue their primary dark jersey color; and to ensure that the entire division is not so top-heavy on the darkest colors, the Jaguars need to make teal their primary dark,jersey color.

Falcons throwbacks were already posted but hadn't seen it confirmed that they updated to the new template for this uniform, too.

USATSI_10320514_1506885517563_11272875_v

Interesting that the uniform update also included a stitched Falcon logo on the sleeve.

856314088-buffalo-bills-v-atlanta-falcon

Prior versions of this throwback / fauxback included a screened Falcon logo:

tempMedia-Gallery-ShoulderLogo--nfl_mezz

I know this fauxback is not historically accurate to any era in team history, but it is a good look nonetheless. I would take either the red helmet throwback version or this fauxback over the current set. Update to the new logo if you must, perhaps include a new number font, etc...but this a great foundation to build a new set around.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Falcons throwbacks were already posted but hadn't seen it confirmed that they updated to the new template for this uniform, too.

USATSI_10320514_1506885517563_11272875_v

They need to adopt this look full-time. I don't really have a strong opinion on their regular home/road set, but whenever they break these fauxbacks out I immediately notice how much better they look compared to what they usually wear. Even if they brought the red helmets back full-time, I'd be fine with it.

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Regular Season Week 5 (Part1) (BYES: Falcons, Broncos, Saints, Redskins)
Patriots @ Buccaneers
QELdKe5.jpgNbDiUwM.jpg
Jets @ Browns
LJdDVbM.jpgjPKxLUF.jpg
Panthers @ Lions
Ph6mabg.jpgoHuuZhH.png
49ers @ Colts
OefP63A.jpgwJzojf0.jpg
Titans @ Dolphins
ZmUCvr9.jpg9CeqRvt.png
Bills @ Bengals
eaehjsH.jpgGwusYaU.jpg