2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

7 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Never really thought about this. But the Chiefs red pants have a sneak peak at the white pants if you look closely.

1507519849608.jpeg

This sparks an interesting debate I have sometimes.   Whether striping patterns like these are 5 stripes or 3 separated stripes. 

For example -- let's think about the Giants gray pants. some people would call that 3 separated stripes - red-blue-red ... while some would say they have five stripes... red-gray-blue-gray-red.   (The Giants white pants do have 5 stripes- blue-gray-red-gray-blue. )

Now the chiefs red pants....see in one sense they are the same as the Giants gray..    white-yellow-white separated on red.  BUT, if you look at it they way you have which is they are keeping the pants stripe consistent to the white pants, but adding outer white stripes to seperate the stripes from the red pants, then you have 5 stripes... white-red-yellow-red-white. 

Now try doing this with the Steelers sleeves. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

This sparks an interesting debate I have sometimes.   Whether striping patterns like these are 5 stripes or 3 separated stripes. 

For example -- let's think about the Giants gray pants. some people would call that 3 separated stripes - red-blue-red ... while some would say they have five stripes... red-gray-blue-gray-red.   (The Giants white pants do have 5 stripes- blue-gray-red-gray-blue. )

Now the chiefs red pants....see in one sense they are the same as the Giants gray..    white-yellow-white separated on red.  BUT, if you look at it they way you have which is they are keeping the pants stripe consistent to the white pants, but adding outer white stripes to seperate the stripes from the red pants, then you have 5 stripes... white-red-yellow-red-white. 

Now try doing this with the Steelers sleeves. 

My mind seriously goes back and forth on this issue (sometimes when looking at the same set of stripes).

Generally, I think of the base color as not counting as a stripe.  That means --

Steelers black jerseys -- five stripes (Y/W/Y/W/Y)

pft19-e1507484603502.jpg?w=560&h=316&cro

Chiefs red pants -- three stripes (W/Y/W)

Florida blue football jerseys -- three stripes (O/W/O)

8f2156f87fe0651ce2e41f87f4b2313d.jpg

Indianapolis Colts blue jersey -- two white stripes

andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts.png

On the other hand, my mind pictures the St. Louis Cardinals socks as three stripes (B/R/B) on a white base (don't get me started on how horribly the Stance socks distort the pattern) . . .

10060759-mlb-boston-red-sox-at-st.-louis

. . . but sometimes sort of sees the Tampa Bay Rays socks (with the same pattern in different colors) as two sets of three stripes (W/B/W  W/B/W).

socks.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/2/2017 at 8:46 AM, canzman said:

Ravens @ Raiders
jcClE09.jpgt5RT1eo.jpg

Ravens (most of them, anyway) in white shoes this week.  I don't remember the last time that happened.

859124324-baltimore-ravens-vs-oakland-ra

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I know this has nothing to do with the NFL's weekly uniform match ups, but damn, striped baseball stirrups look amazing!

(I like striped football socks, too, to get back somewhat on topic.) 

Agreed.

(Agreed.)

2 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Jumping to Week 7 - Rams and Dolphins are wearing white at home. Chiefs and Raiders are scheduled for Color Rush. Patriots announced they are wearing Color Rush, but I expect the Falcons to wear their normal road uniforms.  2 teams are wearing alternates

We r not on week 7 yet its week 6 coming up 

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Regular Season Week 6 (Part1) (BYES: Bills, Bengals, Cowboys, Seahawks)
Eagles @ Panthers
s7njvh5.jpg6fUHTsE.jpg
Bears @ Ravens
nNcELro.jpgzZpjZhi.jpg
Browns @ Texans
OESd1Lx.jpged0fBJb.jpg
Packers @ Vikings
peAip6i.jpgUjyaszf.jpg
Lions @ Saints
5lmXObS.pngeG1it30.png
Dolphins @ Falcons
9CeqRvt.png565i8lS.jpg
Patriots @ Jets
T1Dtcoe.jpgXjVmCnW.jpg

1 hour ago, arron said:

If broncos wear navy tops i say they wear white pants

Not sure, but I think Denver axed the white pants with the orange stripe once they switched to orange jerseys as the primary home jersey. Could  be wrong. Just don't recall seeing them go navy over white since switching to orange primaries.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

10 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Not sure, but I think Denver axed the white pants with the orange stripe once they switched to orange jerseys as the primary home jersey. Could  be wrong. Just don't recall seeing them go navy over white since switching to orange primaries.

Didn't the Broncos wear navy over white in 2015? I recall they did either against the Packers or Raiders.

NSFCvyu.png

Archived