2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

I posted Week 7 already .. here is Week 8.

3 teams are wearing color on the road.. Panthers, Vikings, and Raiders. Dolphins and Ravens for color rush.
No one is wearing an alternate, but two teams are wearing throwbacks.

Bills are already known to be going throwback week 8. Only 2 other teams at home week 8 with Throwback options, Saints who are hosting the Bears or Redskins who are hosting the Cowboys.

58 minutes ago, canzman said:

Bills are already known to be going throwback week 8. Only 2 other teams at home week 8 with Throwback options, Saints who are hosting the Bears or Redskins who are hosting the Cowboys.

OK cool -  i never know whether the teams have announced that or not so i try to be safe and not leak it for them.  

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

On 10/9/2017 at 11:33 AM, nuordr said:

If you would like to participate in the survey to rate the best NFL Week 5 matchup, please click the link below: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScviraoIZGDcSapsTsN_l7pnycf3GjTNB-f0SjEkjLDSHLqTQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

The results are calculated for the best matchup of the week after 246 responses were collected. The results can be found out the Uni Watch Fans Facebook Page Blog here or this forum. 

1) Packers at Cowboys

2) Chiefs at Texans

3) 49ers at Colts 

14) Patriots at Buccaneers

spacer.png

4 hours ago, goforbroke said:

I posted Week 7 already .. here is Week 8.

3 teams are wearing color on the road.. Panthers, Vikings, and Raiders. Dolphins and Ravens for color rush.
No one is wearing an alternate, but two teams are wearing throwbacks.

Will the dolphins be wearing their normal all white uniforms for color rush or do they have a new color rush uniform?

22 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Will the dolphins be wearing their normal all white uniforms for color rush or do they have a new color rush uniform?

No team got a new Color Rush uniforms this season except the Lions since their entire set changed this year.

The Pats didn't get a new Color Rush they just for new pants so they could go all white since they had no white pants available. They just wore the new pants with their current white away jersey.

Miami doesn't need any new assets created in order to go all white.

2 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Eagles are going white on white for their Thursday night matchup against the Panthers. I'm not sure why they've decided not to wear their black colour rush uniforms. 

I had a feeling they would do that because panthers blue and eagles black might not be enough of a clash. Eagles are wearing their black jerseys soon though 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

2 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Eagles are going white on white for their Thursday night matchup against the Panthers. I'm not sure why they've decided not to wear their black colour rush uniforms. 

Exactly why this Color Rush scam is such an utter failure. What's the point if half the teams just wear white uniforms due to concerns about color blind fans being unable to tell the teams apart? Doesn't that negate the whole idea?

As of today there have been 23 Color Rush games, and in 16 of them one of the teams has been in all-white.

For those who like history: during the days of black-and-white TV, the NFL had the same problem: people watching at home couldn't tell the difference between the Lions and 49ers, for example. So in 1957 the NFL mandated that all visiting teams must wear white jerseys. Up until then, some teams only had one uniform, and many teams didn't even have a white jersey. In 1964, the NFL amended the rule to allow teams to wear white jerseys at home if they chose to.

16 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

I had a feeling they would do that because panthers blue and eagles black might not be enough of a clash. Eagles are wearing their black jerseys soon though 

Sorry, what? This should be "Exhibit A" of sufficient contrast for Color Rush. Bright electric blue top to bottom with a silver helmet versus all black with a very dark blue-green (whatever you call the Eagles' color) helmet. And this is coming from a colorblind guy. If they can't pull this off, they might as well blow up the Color Rush experiment right now (not that there aren't other issues with it to begin with, namely the leotard socks, forcing one single color shoulders to the shoes, etc).

GettyImages-498853936.0.0.jpg

493397410.0.jpg

I've read (without any source provided so take it with a grain of salt) that the Eagles will be wearing black for their MNF game against Washington instead. I still don't understand the decision not to wear it against Carolina though... as @aawagner011 said, there is more than enough contrast between the Eagles' black and the Panthers' blue so the only thing I can think of is that they didn't want to wear black two weeks in a row. Even if that's the case though, why wear it against Washington?

10 hours ago, goforbroke said:

I'm also thinking that would be an issue for the Steelers (black) vs Titans (Columbia Blue) #ColorRush showdown in November.

Archived