2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

From Giants.com

"For the second straight season, the Giants will break out their Color Rush alternate jerseys, which the team will wear for their Week 14 home game against the Dallas      Cowboys. It will be the first time fans at MetLife Stadium get to see the all-white uniforms and throwback ‘GIANTS’ helmet

The Color Rush concept debuted in 2015 during four “Thursday Night Football” matchups to commemorate 50 years of NFL games being broadcast in color. It was expanded to  all 32 teams last season, and again featured opposing teams wearing one-color uniforms, intentionally designed to clash with their opponent. 

Thursday night games have traditionally become Color Rush matchups, but the Giants only play once on Thursday this season, a Week 12 contest on Thanksgiving Day against  the Redskins. Since the NFL did not designate the game for Color Rush, the Giants were free to choose when they wanted to wear the uniforms, so long as it was after Week 5. It  will be the first time the Giants have worn the white tops at home since their 2000 home opener against the Cardinals.

“After talking with ownership and [head coach Ben] McAdoo, it seemed to be let’s do Color Rush for a game the fans are going to be excited for and amped up for,” Giants  equipment director Joe Skiba said. “That’s definitely the Dallas home game. We wanted to wear them for a home game because last year we were on the road in Philadelphia.  It’s a homage to the 80s and giving it a modern slant.”

The Giants’ 2017 non-Color Rush uniforms will look similar to last season. Big Blue will wear blue jerseys with white pants for home games in the regular season. On the road, the  Giants will continue to wear traditional gray pants paired with white jerseys, except for the season opener in Dallas and Week 4 in Tampa Bay, where they’ll sport the blue  jerseys."

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Probably the blue ones

Navy pants for the Cowboys?  Edit: Canzman's answer about the Cowboys makes sense.

That being said, the Giants still wore gray pants at home in the preseason despite announcing white pants at home way before the 2016 season started.

Even in Canzman's quote above, the team says white will be worn at home in the regular season.  Doesn't mention preseason.  

It'd be cool, as a Giants-in-white-pants guy, if they wore the Color Rush pants at home all year instead of the five-stripe pants.  The Color Rush pants have the same stripes as the gray pants, so it'd be a more natural home/road pants set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:44 PM, dont care said:

The panthers did last year, its never been a rule they couldn't, just most never see the point of doing it, just another jersey to make for guys who may or may not make the team.

Third jerseys were eliminated in the preseason starting in 2011 and until last year. http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/06/07/proposed-changes-to-the-nfls-alternate-uniform-rules/

• Alternate uniforms would be limited to two uses in the regular season (eliminating the preseason option).

15 hours ago, canzman said:

This was true last season but that was also the first season with these new white pants. I don't think any of us can speak with absolute certainty on this yet based on one season as an example. Last season they also wore black cleats in the preseason but then made the switch to white for the regular season. I don't think that will be the case this year, but again we just have to wait and see.

I can speak with absolute certainty.  Gray pants for preseason. I'm not assuming. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Sleeper66 said:

I don't recall the Lions switching to white shoes as part of the new uni roll-out. Did I miss something?

They are.... most were wearing them during practice yesterday 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

13 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

Based on the color coding, are they going with the same color jersey and pants for all their games?

No, that's the jersey stripe. I'm hoping for the all black uniform once. ONCE IS ALL WE'RE ASKING!!! 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

40 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

No, that's the jersey stripe. I'm hoping for the all black uniform once. ONCE IS ALL WE'RE ASKING!!! 

With blue socks of course :D

Hotter Than July > Thriller

52 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

We'll probably see them once in the preseason and then they'll lock the black pants up for the season again.

:(

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

On 7/31/2017 at 6:26 PM, BlackBolt3 said:

We'll probably see them once in the preseason and then they'll lock the black pants up for the season again.

:(

Their website states they will wear black at Jacksonville in the pre, and Carolina blue at Tennessee in the pre (I wonder what color pants the Titans will break out with their white jerseys?)

With the exception on the first color rush year in 2015 ever since 2013 once the one helmet rule came into being the Cowboys have worn the Navy jersey on Thanksgiving.

What is interesting is in that Chargers release they state they will wear powder blue in that Thanksgiving game at Dallas... will it be color v color, will it be the Cowboys in the normal whites or will it be powder blue vs color rush? Guess we will have to just wait and see. 

Archived