2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monochrome uniforms aren't the long-standard football uniform, except for white over white.  "traditional" fans don't like them.

I'm not sure that traditional is the right word there, thus why I put it in quotes.

It's where I sit.

22 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Monochrome uniforms aren't the long-standard football uniform, except for white over white.  "traditional" fans don't like them.

I'm not sure that traditional is the right word there, thus why I put it in quotes.

Traditional definitely isn't the right word. Monochrome uniforms date back to the earliest years of football.

1950_ChiBears.png?6181

1940_Pittsburgh.png

1935_GreenBay.png?6181

bSLCtu2.png

The blue on blue isn't as terrible as I thought it'd be, but the silver helmet looks a little out of place. I don't hate the leotard look for socks as much as most, but I'd prefer a mostly white sock with blue stripes over silver socks if they were to go away from the blue.

Still, better than the gray color rush set they're going to wear this year.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

The blue on blue isn't as terrible as I thought it'd be, but the silver helmet looks a little out of place. I don't hate the leotard look for socks as much as most, but I'd prefer a mostly white sock with blue stripes over silver socks if they were to go away from the blue.

Still, better than the gray color rush set they're going to wear this year.

The gray color rush would look a lot better if they used silver instead. It looks really weird how they have gray which doesn't match their helmets

2 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Lions all blue looks great I don't get the hate. Seems like some people just don't like monochrome in general

3 hours ago, the heat suck said:

What's with all the needless hate for monochrome uniforms? They look amazing and could've been made even better with silver socks.

The hate isn't needless.  It's very very very necessary.

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Regular Season Week 9 (Part1) (BYES: Bears, Browns, Chargers, Vikings, Patriots, Steelers)
Bills @ Jets
89cstYW.jpgmX7Q9IP.jpg
Colts @ Texans
ZOXfIr7.jpgPpFtJnW.jpg
Bengals @ Jagaurs
XtP1a7s.jpgViuv8QW.jpg
Buccaneers @ Saints
olJFstP.jpgU6nQxVS.png
Rams @ Giants
aIpPBEf.pngXlfarhb.jpg
Falcons @ Panthers
G8145JJ.jpgfZNR9YP.jpg
Broncos @ Eagles
eOisf2F.jpgeDl9oBf.jpg

12 hours ago, Gupti said:

The content has been buried at this point, but I believe that I do remember ColorWerx revealing from official graphics back when they were unveiled in 2013 that the orange trim was actually thinner than the blue trim. Inconceivable.

yes, in the stripes and numbers. its not unlike the Ohio State stripe: red, white, black. for Miami its: aqua, blue, orange

but even that isnt terrible, there was a heavy dose of navy in the previous jersey. its the hairline strokes that makes the colors visually blend together and makes the elements look fragile in a way. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived