2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

On 10/17/2017 at 10:44 AM, goforbroke said:

Already posted Week 8, jumping ahead to Week 9. Bills and Jets scheduled for color rush. This is the matchup that started the color blind contrast debate, so Bills should be in all white and Jets will be in kelly green with chrome helmet decals.

3 teams are wearing color alts, I think at least 2 have already been announced.

Cowboys are the only team on the schedule wearing white at home, so Chiefs are wearing color on the road.

There's either an anomaly or a typo in the designation guide. Dolphins and Raiders are both scheduled to wear color jerseys on SNF. At first I thought maybe Dolphins were going orange and Raiders in black which might be more contrast than orange vs. white.  But the Dolphins announced earlier they are wearing aqua.  So I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm leaning towards just a typo and Raiders will be in white.

Would the dolphins just wear all aqua then

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I don't understand that, when given the chance to wear this

usatsi_9734041.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

or even this

gettyimages-615035584.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

Washington wears these...running-back-ezekiel-elliott-of-the-dall

mismatched burgandy, mismatched gold, illegible names, mismatched logos, weird sweatbox on pant stripes.

One day i hope the nfl will do away with the one helmet rule 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

19 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I don't understand that, when given the chance to wear this

usatsi_9734041.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

or even this

gettyimages-615035584.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

Washington wears these...running-back-ezekiel-elliott-of-the-dall

mismatched burgandy, mismatched gold, illegible names, mismatched logos, weird sweatbox on pant stripes.

They wore them because of alumni weekend. They've done it every year since unveiling these in 2012. It just so happens the alumni weekend was planned for the home game against the Cowboys.

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

They wore them because of alumni weekend. They've done it every year since unveiling these in 2012. It just so happens the alumni weekend was planned for the home game against the Cowboys.

If they could only use the spear decal and the dark color jerseys they wore in 2002.  Not the same shell color but COULD look right in perfect lighting2002_Washington.png?6181

5 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Was it just me or was the gray facemask darker this year than last? 

Cowboys at Redskins.jpg

Throwback 2016.jpg

It might be, could have been lighting too, with the stadium lights and rain and whatnot. It's definitely not your standard gray facemask like the Cowboys or Giants wear for sure though. 

Anyone else notice how the Bengals have had 4 home games and worn 4 different uniforms in those games, but none of them have been their regular black on white home uniform? And they're next home game isn't til Week 12 against the Browns, when they'll be in orange again...

I also don't understand why anyone would assume they'll wear black socks this week when they haven't worn that combo since 2012.

15 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Anyone else notice how the Bengals have had 4 home games and worn 4 different uniforms in those games, but none of them have been their regular black on white home uniform? And they're next home game isn't til Week 12 against the Browns, when they'll be in orange again...

I also don't understand why anyone would assume they'll wear black socks this week when they haven't worn that combo since 2012.

Smells of an overhaul to me.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

40 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Buffalo will be wearing "white" facemasks for Thursday Night Football 

Bills.PNG

First the Jets with a facemask tweak, then the Bills. At least this time it's a Color Rash tweak, so maybe I won't hand-wring too much.

Yeah - over blown reaction, but it bugs me.

It's where I sit.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

First the Jets with a facemask tweak, then the Bills. At least this time it's a Color Rash tweak, so maybe I won't hand-wring too much.

Yeah - over blown reaction, but it bugs me.

Bills should just not change it back. 

The white facemask is so much better than the grey. 

Just might have came to a football general rule for me. Facemasks should match the shell colour. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Just now, DiePerske said:

Just might have came to a football general rule for me. Facemasks should match the shell colour. 

I feel the bills would look good with a blue facemask

1 hour ago, DiePerske said:

Bengals and Browns?

Packers?

Chiefs?

I get where you're going, but I can't draw that line in the sand.

It's where I sit.

6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Bengals and Browns?

Packers?

Chiefs?

I get where you're going, but I can't draw that line in the sand.

Fair enough, and there will be exceptions to anything and everything. Wouldn't dream of changing any of them. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

7 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Could be the lighting there but again I could be wrong as well.  

That helmet decal, though, is what is used for Color Rash for Gang Green.

Such a terrible team nickname. Unpopular Opinion?

Also, since unveiling their current set I've always wished the Bills went with a blue face mask.

3 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Such a terrible team nickname. Unpopular Opinion?

Also, since unveiling their current set I've always wished the Bills went with a blue face mask.

Its not far off from being accurate tho lol But idk I kinda like it, maybe I'm just used to it. 

Archived