2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

13 minutes ago, canzman said:

With the exception on the first color rush year in 2015 ever since 2013 once the one helmet rule came into being the Cowboys have worn the Navy jersey on Thanksgiving.

What is interesting is in that Chargers release they state they will wear powder blue in that Thanksgiving game at Dallas... will it be color v color, will it be the Cowboys in the normal whites or will it be powder blue vs color rush? Guess we will have to just wait and see. 

My guess would be the powder blues and the whites 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I wonder if the Chargers messed up and didn't know the Cowboys were planning to go blue on Thanksgiving. Wouldn't surprise me, actually.

Knowing how the Chargers' organization is ran, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't aware of this.

3 hours ago, WM1988 said:

So power blue against navy blue? Seems.....odd.

I mean, it's cool to see color on color, but it's just two shades of blue...

Even though those are two of my favorite uniforms in the NFL that matchup won't happen.

Either the Chargers are uninformed or the Cowboys changed their mind on what they will wear on Thanksgiving.

While rare color vs color has been allowed by the NFL before and in recent years... While not only it seems to happen most often on Thanksgiving.

2001 - Broncos/Cowboys on Thanksgiving both in colored Throwbacks
2002 - Patriots/Lions on Thanksgiving both in colored Throwbacks

2002 - Redskins/Cowboys on Thanksgiving both in colored Throwbacks
2002 - Vikings/Saints in December Vikings in Purple Saints in Gold Alt
2003 - Dolphins/Patriots in December Dolphins in Aqua Patriots in Silver Alts
2004 - Bears/Cowboys on Thanksgiving Bears in Orange Alts Cowboys in Throwbacks
2009 - Cowboys/Chiefs in October both in colored Throwbacks
2010 - Patriots/Lions on Thanksgiving both in colored Throwbacks

3 hours ago, canzman said:

2004 - Bears/Cowboys on Thanksgiving Bears in Silver Alts Cowboys in Throwbacks

I think you mean Bears in orange, not silver.

Also, Seattle wore gray against Buffalo in blue in December 2012.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Why must the Packers always ruin good uniform matchups with those terrible throwbacks? Why not wear them against teams they play more often where we see the same matchup over and over again? Also, the article said they're only wearing green for 6 games all season (all home games but color rush/throwback) which means they could be wearing white in Dallas Week 5. Jerry said the Cowboys will be wearing navy at home more often, but a tweet said it would only be on Thanksgiving and at the Giants. Interesting...

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me at least 24 hours from the time of the game to post corrections as I am not always at my computer at the time of the games.

Preseason Week 2 (Part 1)
Bills @ Eagles
wUXHPNl.jpg7B6IeLb.jpg
Ravens @ Dolphins
jcClE09.jpg8oqj3E8.png
Buccaneers @ Jaguars
olJFstP.jpgZNHaTEC.jpg
Rams @ Raiders
aIpPBEf.pngt5RT1eo.jpg
Vikings @ Seahawks
SQ5T4hz.jpgROwWhxU.jpg

Cincinnati wears white at home in the preseason for their first home game. Week 2 is going to be their second home game, they'll be in black.

Last year the Rams wore blue pants both times on the road. I think the LA Rams will wear blue pants white their white jerseys when they play Oakland.

The Jaguars wear white at home for one of their preseason home games in recent years, but not last year though.

Is the Browns wearing brown based on Cleveland wearing them last year against Chicago?

On 8/7/2017 at 9:05 AM, NFLfan10 said:

Why must the Packers always ruin good uniform matchups with those terrible throwbacks? Why not wear them against teams they play more often where we see the same matchup over and over again? Also, the article said they're only wearing green for 6 games all season (all home games but color rush/throwback) which means they could be wearing white in Dallas Week 5. Jerry said the Cowboys will be wearing navy at home more often, but a tweet said it would only be on Thanksgiving and at the Giants. Interesting...

1 - Traditional uniform against traditional opponents. That makes sense.

2 - Only wearing green at home 6 times says nothing about how often we'll wear green on the road.

It's where I sit.

Archived