2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

On 11/1/2017 at 2:46 PM, nuordr said:

You know I disagree about the gray facemask, but I was never a real fan of the blue facemask either. I believe that they need to either keep the white facemask or even try a red facemask. 

***** SURVEY***** Buffalo Bills - Best Facemask ***** SURVEY*****

I have created a midweek survey for the Uni Watch Fans Facebook page to determine what facemask looks the best of the Buffalo Bills. Please understand that these jerseys are not exactly what the team wears, but it is a close representation of them. 

The Buffalo Bills Best Facemask Survey Results are compiled and the winning facemask ranking are below: 

1. White (6.52 out of 10.00) 
  2. Blue (5.59 out of 10.00) 
  3. Gray (5.40 out of 10.00) 
  4. Red (5.35 out of 10.00)

Click the link to view the entire statistics: http://uniwatchfansfb.blogspot.com/2017/11/buffalo-bills-best-facemask-color.html

spacer.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Question: Is the Color Rush scheduling really working?

No.  Hell, no.  The whole Color Rush fiasco has been a dopey disaster from the start.  (Literally.  The very first Color Rush game resulted in numerous complaints from color blind viewers... the entire idea needed to be mothballed right then.) 

I know there's a certain segment of this community that, for some inexplicable reason, gets all giddy at the mention of color on color football matchups, but the whole idea is just a logistical nightmare on a league wide basis.  Unless you want to put together a schedule specifically based on making sure the teams have colors that would work against each other, this was bound to fail.  And even when the color on color aspect "works", it still sucks.  The vast majority of the Color Rush uniforms blow. The best of them, by a huge margin, are the all-white uniforms worn by the Saints and the Bengals.  The rest need a serious bon-firing.  

As a uniform nut, I have a bit of an interest in the idea of a controlled roll-out of alternate looks for every team. If it was up to me, I'd keep the idea of teams having a special "TNF" uniform (actually, if it was up to me, the NFL would abandon Thursday night altogether, but that's another story), but I'd much rather see a version of the old "Pro Combat" uniforms from college.  Each team should get a home and road set that's exclusive to TNF, and can better fit their own unique branding, not just make everybody wear monochromatic crap..  Traditional teams can use throwbacks.  Non-traditional teams that are already wearing something ugly, like Tampa, Seattle, and Jacksonville, can wear something even uglier if they want. But take all the alternative mixing that's watering down the league's look, and make it exclusive to the Thursday night game. That way, they'd still get a new jersey to sell (hell, in my plan, two new jerseys), but we wouldn't have to look at them spread out all over the schedule.

On 11/2/2017 at 12:52 PM, goforbroke said:

Giants will wear JHT decal on helmet this week, then a JHT jersey patch for the rest of the season for co-owner's mother Joan Tisch

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-remember-Joan-Tisch-1927-2017-matriarch-of-Tisch-family/58c5b69f-148e-4818-b620-6a3a1621d64c

This may come across as insensitive, but a memorial patch for the co-owner's mother seems excessive. She had nothing to do with the team herself.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

56 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Non-traditional teams that are already wearing something ugly, like Tampa, Seattle, and Jacksonville, can wear something even uglier if they want.

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Matito said:

This may come across as insensitive, but a memorial patch for the co-owner's mother seems excessive. She had nothing to do with the team herself.

Insensitive indeed.  Plus there is precident.  Robert krafts wife had a patch.  The giants also wore a patch for Ann Mara when she died.  

Joan Tisch was the wife of bob Tisch who co-owned the team for 20 years and now their son Steve Tisch holds the 50% share.   She she is basically one of the owners despite who actually holds the shares.

it’s also a pretty ignorant statement to say she had nothing to do with the team. She meant a ton to the organization and community. Do a little research.  You clearly don’t understand the family component and how important it is to the Giants.  Not a lot of teams in pro sports have been owned by the same (now 2) families for 93 years 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

It's a nice combo. I've long said that the only times the Titans' uniforms look halfway decent are when the pants match the shoulder yoke. Even then, the uniforms suffer from inconsistent striping between the helmet and pants, the "yoga pants" look when they wear navy pants with the same navy socks, and red being completely absent outside of the logos. Still, though, their set looks nicer and more visually balanced this way:

TtLUbfJ.jpg

IsG3jXA.jpg

ok2CNRN.jpg

As far as I can tell, before this week, the only time they had ever worn navy jerseys with powder blue pants was against the Falcons a decade ago.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived