2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

On 11/17/2017 at 4:45 PM, ARTnSocal said:

So will that be the game that the Bills wear their throwbacks for a second time, do ya know?

That one is on New Years Eve day.

That would make too much sense ....

It is understandable to me that a team would want to reserve a throwback for one weekend of the year. Just because you are technically allowed by the league to wear alternate jerseys twice doesn't mean that you have to. Heck, the Jaguars have kept an alternate jersey around that they've only worn twice in the span of five years. If a team wants to have one throwback/alumni/historical/legacy/etc. week each season to make their throwbacks more special while maintaining their modern brand on every other day of the year, then that makes enough sense to me.

As for why the teams have not coordinated to wear their throwbacks together regardless of how good they would look together, I think that they're just trying to avoid sending the wrong signals. If a game isn't scheduled to be an AFL legacy game, why make it look like one? It doesn't make as much sense as you would think, and "Because both teams happen to have throwbacks available that would look good together" isn't exactly a good answer to that question, as strange as it may seem to you. The teams wouldn't coordinate for something like that if there is no true occasion for it and it doesn't really make a difference whether they do it this year or the next. Why, then, wouldn't they just do it every year? Does Miami really want to throw away one throwback game a year to the Bills?

The teams may also have a bit of respect for the fact that throwback games are meant to be important and exciting to the local players and fans, so it's only courteous for the away team to not come in and try take that spotlight with their own throwbacks. I'd say that that and the fact that teams want to reserve their throwbacks for their local fans are is why you pretty much never see throwbacks on the road except in designated legacy games.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Regular Season Week 12 (Part1)
Vikings @ Lions
SQ5T4hz.jpggS4Je4B.png
Chargers @ Cowboys
SvXKPh7.jpg8zOTNn2.jpg
Giants @ Redskins
bFE1AkF.jpgBxD9c3a.jpg
Bills @ Chiefs
kjv7ITJ.jpgx4uYYBC.jpg
Titans @ Colts
2aJDC77.jpgwJzojf0.jpg
Browns @ Bengals
OESd1Lx.jpgBlPKyDY.jpg
Buccaneers @ Falcons
olJFstP.jpgMDG9AkP.jpg
Dolphins @ Patriots
9CeqRvt.pngyw3vaUr.jpg

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

Is the Thanksgiving game between Cowboys and Chargers really going to be blue vs blue? That's terrible. 

Not sure if it was a mistake or not by one of the two teams but the Cowboys stated they would go Navy at home on Thanksgiving as they have been since the one helmet rule and the Chargers announced they would wear Powder blue on the road for Thanksgiving.

Some feel that the Chargers might have just assumed the Cowboys would wear white at home as normal when they made this announcement, but this is what was announced by both teams.

9 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Are the skins going to wear their yellow color rush next week or not?

No we’ve been talking about this for a while with redskins and giants.   Thanksgiving is not Thursday Night Football. It’s not part of nfl networks TNF package.  It’s part of the regular network nfl package (the night game is technically NBC Sunday night football on thanksgiving).  

Therefore, it’s not a color rush game.  

Additionally, the redskins seem to have a color rush boycott going on anyway.  So the redskins are not wearing color rush. The giants aren’t either, they are choosing (not required) to wear them on Dec 10 instead.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

No we’ve been talking about this for a while with redskins and giants.   Thanksgiving is not Thursday Night Football. It’s not part of nfl networks TNF package.  It’s part of the regular network nfl package (the night game is technically NBC Sunday night football on thanksgiving).  

Therefore, it’s not a color rush game.  

Additionally, the redskins seem to have a color rush boycott going on anyway.  So the redskins are not wearing color rush. The giants aren’t either, they are choosing (not required) to wear them on Dec 10 instead.

Pretty sure he's asking about next Thursday aka Week 12 against Dallas.

Actually I'll just tell you now. Week 13 is an easy week everyone is wearing color at home and white on the road. (That includes Miami)

Cowboys and Redskins are scheduled for color rush on Thursday night.  The only interesting note is the Chargers are wearing color rush at home on Sunday.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived