2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams that don’t necessarily need different helmets for throwbacks:

• Saints

• Falcons 

• Panthers 

• Giants

• Bears

• Packers?

• Lions

• Vikings 

• Cardinals 

• 49ers

• Rams

• Texans (LOL)

• Titans

• Colts

• Jets

• Dolphins 

• Bills

• Bengals?

• Browns

• Steelers

• Ravens (LOL again)

• Raiders

• Chiefs 

• Chargers 

That’s 24 teams who can conceivably wear one of their more popular throwbacks if they simply change their facemasks and helmet decals.

That’s ¾ of the entire league, FWIW. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Selfishly though, I do wish that the NFL allowed for at least one more alternate helmet. I feel that Washington pulled a genius move with their throwback uniforms when they went with this fauxback helmet, which our benevolent dictator The Creamer himself, @CC97 covered when they were unveiled back in 2012

usatsi_6732858-1024x682.jpg?w=1000&h=665

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Am I the only one that hates this helmet with a passion? The navy works so much better.

I would have rather seen the white helmet. Even with the white outline, the blue from the logo blends into the current helmet and most times you only see the red.

So the Bills are wearing blue pants at KC just like they did in 2015. They wore blue pants at Oakland last year when they had back in 2014 as well. Why can't they wear them against new teams instead of wasting them on matchups we've already seen and giving us all white against teams they rarely play? (not that they care) Their management hasn't changed that much in 3 years, has it? They've also played at Cincy the last 2 seasons and have worn all white both times. Why not break out the blue pants one of those games and wear all white against a team you recently wore the blue pants against? I just don't understand the thought process there. Does anyone agree or am I just babbling here?

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

So the Bills are wearing blue pants at KC just like they did in 2015. They wore blue pants at Oakland last year when they had back in 2014 as well. Why can't they wear them against new teams instead of wasting them on matchups we've already seen and giving us all white against teams they rarely play? (not that they care) Their management hasn't changed that much in 3 years, has it? They've also played at Cincy the last 2 seasons and have worn all white both times. Why not break out the blue pants one of those games and wear all white against a team you recently wore the blue pants against? I just don't understand the thought process there. Does anyone agree or am I just babbling here?

You're just babbling. I don't think anybody on the team cares about these uniform combos to that level. 

Go A's!

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I would have rather seen the white helmet. Even with the white outline, the blue from the logo blends into the current helmet and most times you only see the red.

Totes. The white is a better look imo, albeit maybe not with the uniforms they went with. I like how the white key line disappears making the logo two distinct shapes. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 11/23/2017 at 11:10 PM, djam2410 said:

no he is not. I don't want Pandora's Box opened up with multiple helmets. Alt helmets should be saved for throwbacks and that's it. Considering the NFL can't really sell helmets (unless you want to count mini helmets which already have multiple colorways and custom made ones done), there is no incentive for them to let each team have 2/3 helmets. Lots of teams also already have solid brands and a second helmet doesn't make sense.

Browns

Dolphins

49ers

Bengals 

Packers

Vikings

Colts

I could make this list longer but those teams definitely don't need an alternate helmet besides a decal swap for throwbacks

I liked the colts 2010 alternate with the blue helmet, personally, and I would make that the alternate, but I'm probably in the minority

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

I think the Bills in blue pants on the road against the Chiefs is the best-looking matchup in the NFL. It's a great use of primary colors and the balance of white jersey/colored pants vs. colored jersey/white pants is so clean and attractive. The block number font helps too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

14 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

You're just babbling. I don't think anybody on the team cares about these uniform combos to that level. 

Words to live by for every hardcore member on this site. Every time you find yourself getting upset about your favorite team's uniform decisions, just repeat the above (maybe leaving out the word "combo" if necessary). Then log onto here and pour your heart out about it, and the rest of us will listen and metaphorically nod in sympathy.

Archived