2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

1 hour ago, rbmarko20 said:

Bills are actually wearing color rush for this game against the Colts, they announced this at the beginning of the season.  

Yes ... but are we talkin' the BILLS wearing the all-red or the all-white versions for this color-rush game vs Indy?

The REDSKINS (Bruce Allen) are balking big-time about wearing those bright-yellow color-rush jerseys on Thursday night

Redskins do NOT want to wear yellow color-rush uniforms Thursday

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Yes ... but are we talkin' the BILLS wearing the all-red or the all-white versions for this color-rush game vs Indy?

The REDSKINS (Bruce Allen) are balking big-time about wearing those bright-yellow color-rush jerseys on Thursday night

Redskins do NOT want to wear yellow color-rush uniforms Thursday

It's definitely all red. They wore all white against the Jets on their TNF matchup.

As for the Redskins, this whole situation is completely stupid. Bruce Allen is the guy who was so gung-ho about bringing back the gold pants yet doesn't want to pull the trigger on wearing all gold.

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

As for the Redskins, this whole situation is completely stupid. Bruce Allen is the guy who was so gung-ho about bringing back the gold pants yet doesn't want to pull the trigger on wearing all gold.

I fail to see how liking gold pants requires you to want to wear all gold.  I'm in Bruce's camp on this.

It's where I sit.

33 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

It's definitely all red. They wore all white against the Jets on their TNF matchup.

'GoForBroke' had previously stated (bottom of page 55) that the Bills were wearing white at home that particular week, and Colts in their color jerseys, that's why I asked.

It just didn't make any sense to me for Buffalo to wear the all-white CR for a 2nd time.  Only the all-white throwbacks makes sense, but this time it should be on the road against an AFL team like Miami, who will be wearing their Aqua 1966 uni's against the Bills which uniform matchup would be ideal.

Color-rush needs to go away after the season, it's been pretty much a disaster from the get-go.

The greedy NFL only did it to increase jersey sales, I'm convinced of it.

23 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I fail to see how liking gold pants requires you to want to wear all gold.  I'm in Bruce's camp on this.

I would assume Nike and the teams work together on creating the CR uniforms, no? If that's the case, then Allen and co. must have had a brain fart telling Nike they wanted this mess. Should have went all burgundy or white.

With strong indications the Dolphins are going back to their traditional logo and unis next year (or something close to them), this Sunday will probably be the last home game for the current set...as they are wearing throwbacks for the final two home games.

6 minutes ago, dirwuf said:

With strong indications the Dolphins are going back to their traditional logo and unis next year (or something close to them), this Sunday will probably be the last home game for the current set...as they are wearing throwbacks for the final two home games.

When I was a toddler and we got our new Admiral color TV in time for the 1967 season I really liked Miami's home aqua uniforms when the Bills played them at the old Orange Bowl..

They totally ruined the classic uniform and logo in 2013, so bring back those with a few tweaks.

Use the 1997-2012 logo which they polished and tweaked quite nicely, as the original logo looked like old clipart.  but ... bring back the sunburst rays, aqua facemask, and white socks with sleeve stripes in the centre.  

For the aqua away pants, an orange belt would look good, as would an aqua belt with the white pants.

I absolutely HATE the Bills color rush unis. It gives me too much of a Boston Patriots throwback vibe. I'm not a fan of the blue-on-blue look either but I prefer that over this garbage money-grab known as "Color Rush". 

If the Dolphins logo rumors are legit, I will be very excited. I wouldn't mind it if they kept the 60s throwback look full-time and then brought these unis back as their road uniform:

img6871956.jpg

1 hour ago, canzman said:

Color Rush is not a money grab. 100% of all Color Rush sales goes to fund youth football. The NFL nor the teams keep any of the money from Color Rush sales.

I'd love to see the paperwork on this. A league that profits off "patriotism" isn't beyond baking* the books on this kind of deal.

*Cooking, yes?

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I would assume Nike and the teams work together on creating the CR uniforms, no? If that's the case, then Allen and co. must have had a brain fart telling Nike they wanted this mess. Should have went all burgundy or white.

Thats my thoughts. Teams had to have input into their looks, because Several teams are basically just pairing their dark jerseys and pants together or wearing their alternate uniforms with the same color tights underneath. 

8 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Yeah. It's contrasting.

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Here's my question; Did Allen or others in the Redskins organization just not care and let Nike do whatever they wanted?

8 hours ago, dirwuf said:

6 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

If the Dolphins logo rumors are legit, I will be very excited. I wouldn't mind it if they kept the 60s throwback look full-time and then brought these unis back as their road uniform:

Woah, woah, woah. What indications and what rumors? I don't see any discussion about it on here or on Dolphins Reddit. Does this just have to do with ESPN inexplicably using the old logo a few weeks ago? How far out of the loop am I?

Surprised to not see this here yet, but the Jags teased yesterday on Twitter that they are, in fact, going to use their second allotted use of their teal jerseys at some point during the next three home games. Guess Coughlin coming in has led them to completely drop their original sparse policy with the teal jerseys. (All three answers are essentially “Yes.”)

You, uh, won’t see me argue with this decision.

8 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Their next three games are against IND, SEA and HOU. Probably should do it for a division rival game. I think the Texans game would be a good choice. I hope they go teal over white but I honestly think the teal over black worked real well with their current set. 

I think the best looking matchup would be vs. Indy, though I think Seattle will be a better game so it’d be cool to see them there.

When it comes to the Jags, teal over white is and should be the classic look, though I just don’t like how it looks at all with the current design. Teal over black just works better because of the black numbers. It’s not a good look overal, mind you, but it’s the best we’ve got with this horrific design.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:53 AM, nuordr said:

The NFL Week 12 Uniform Matchup Survey is  active if you would like to participate click the link below. 

For past survey results, please visit our Facebook page or our blog

Thanks

The results are calculated and the top 3 and bottom 1 are below. To view the full survey results, please visit the Uni Watch Fans Facebook blog or the Facebook page

1) Bills at Chiefs

2) Packers at Steelers 

3) Chargers at Cowboys

16) Browns at Bengals 

spacer.png

Archived