2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Hopefully next year due to this flexibility ruling, the Raiders can finally go all black. It's what I wanted the moment I heard of the Color Rush program happening and it would be a huge missed opportunity if it never happened.

I don't think that is what this entails, sadly. If the Raiders wanted to be all-black, then they would've picked it in the first place. I see the all-white color rush as a way to cop out of the program and avoid looking too non-traditional as the only white CR team that has a specific tie to white is the Cowboys. The only way we'd see all-black is if they, for some reason, got matched up against another all-white CR team on a Thursday and decided that they cared enough to petition the league the make new pants for them, but I don;t think that'll happen. By having "more flexibility," I think that just makes it more likely that we'd see a team roll out their regular uniform instead under those circumstances.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Apparently, as long as the jersey is the same color as the pants — and as long as there’s sufficient contrast (and no possibly color-blindness impact) with the opposing team — teams can choose not to wear the Nikefied Color Rush creations.” - Mike Florio

Does this exclude socks? If so, then most of the white CR unis would be significantly more palatable. 

Foe example, the Saints CR with black socks, Cowboys with navy blue sock, Giants with blue socks, and Raiders with black socks. 

———

If if they can mix-and-match elements, as the Cowboys are rumored to do next week, then the possibilities could be really fun, á la Madden. 

Team: Jersey/Pants/Socks

• Bills: Blue/White/CR

• Saints: CR/Throwback gold pants/black

• Cowboys: CR/Silver with navy stripes/Navy blue

• Lions: CR/Blue/CR

• Seahawks: CR/Navy blue/CR

• Patriots: Navy CR/white CR/Navy blue 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Would love mixing elements. One of my favorite combos in Madden as the Jags was the gold jersey with white pants and black socks. (but that's cuz I also hate the black jerseys with teal sleeves, blah)

Black jersey, gold pants, black socks doesn't look too bad.

As for the Redskins, I haven't tried it, but I think the gold "R" helmet (see profile picture), gold jersey, gold pants, and burgundy socks would look pretty good as well.

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Black jersey, gold pants, black socks doesn't look too bad.

As for the Redskins, I haven't tried it, but I think the gold "R" helmet (see profile picture), gold jersey, gold pants, and burgundy socks would look pretty good as well.

When the black jersey also has teal sleeves, yes it does :) haha

Does anyone who has the Madden game mind posting screenshots of some of the combos suggested? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 11/23/2017 at 4:50 PM, H11K said:

This whole Idea of the injury aspect is invalid to me. Because if it "caused" so many extra injuries then don't you think the NCAA would have the same rule?

There’s no science that it causes injuries, and the league has never claimed that it does. Scientists said it was a factor that couldn’t be ruled out, so the league decided to rid itself of the potential liability and avoid forcing players to change their helmets for non-safety reasons (design).

On 11/23/2017 at 10:27 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Color blindness isn't seeing no color, it is certain colors looking the same. The predominant color blindness results in red and green looking the same. These two shades of blue are unaffected by any color blindness trait that I am aware of.

It is the rarest type of color blindness, but it does exist.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

One combination in Madden I've tried is the Ravens CR jersey/Gold Pants from 2015(?)/CR socks

It doesn’t look too similar to Minnesota? 

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

One thing that I do a lot in Madden is the Texans white jerseys with red pants. It looks really nice.

I’ve done this in the past with the blue socks. I like the color balance.  It reminds me of their original Road combo with the blue pants and red socks. 

Some of the colour rush jerseys would have looked great with white or otherwise contrasting pants. I hope the League giving teams flexibility means at least a few of them will try mixing those jerseys with more agreeable pants combinations.

Eagles looking good in white over white.

I hope that's the look they choose for the Super Bowl.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived