2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but these San Diego uniforms don't work at all for me. That shade of blue with the yellow numbers creates something of a buzzing effect. Pick the navy or the powder but not the in-between blue, particularly not this configuration based on the in-between blue.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Chargers season ticket holder here.  This has likely been discussed before, but the Chargers have three shades of blue.  The primary color is Navy Blue, and the uniforms (either colored or white) featuring that shade are going to be worn 13 times this year.  So far this season, the only time the Chargers wore the navy jerseys, they also wore navy pants, which (especially when paired with white socks) looks pretty great and is my personal favorite Chargers uniform:

Chargers-Melvin-Gordon-gets-away-from-Bu

The alternate jersey is the Powder Blue jersey, and those jerseys are being worn twice, which is the maximum number of times the alternates are allowed to be worn (the Rams asked the league for permission to wear their alternates a third time but were denied).  Of course, there are also Powder Blue accents in the primary colored and white jersey and in the primary logo.

chargers_cowboys_football_24927989.jpg?w

Today's jerseys featured the league-mandated "Color Rush" monochrome uniform.  The Chargers decided that their Color Rush uniform would resurrect the Royal Blue (and gold numbers) of the Air Coryell era:

broncos_chargers_025.jpg?w=620

Technically, the Chargers weren't obligated to wear the Color Rush jerseys this season because they won't be on Thursday Night Football, but the jersey has become so popular that they wisely took the option to wear the Color Rush set for one of their Sunday home games.

The conventional wisdom had been that the Powder Blues were the Chargers' best jersey, but it seems to me that a lot of Bolts fans now prefer the Royal Blue to the Powder Blue.  FWIW, the Chargers' blue in their inaugural season was Royal Blue, not Powder Blue. Courtesy of Paul Lukas:

CwrS9d2WEAAkiXN.jpg

I believe that the Color Rush jerseys are only supposed to be worn once per year, so, as popular as they are, it's unlikely we will see them again this season.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

The NFL used to allow an alternate jersey to be worn 3 times in a season. Two times in the regular season and one in the preseason. Looks like it's limited to 2 times for both the preseason and the regular season.

Is that why Carolina wore their alternate blue jerseys only one time in the regular season? The one without the blue pants.

1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

After tonight they should probably focus on their play instead of worrying about what they're gonna wear

Kind of dumb reasoning to attribute a loss to.  Based on that logic, Seattle should focus on their play instead of uniforms because they've lost 4 games this season, which is more than Philly.

7 minutes ago, arron said:

If the dolphins go back to the old look who wants to see them with an aqua face mask? That’s probably why there wearing throwbacks the last two home games cause there going back to that look 

Would be nice if that happened.  Can't stand the look they have had the last 5 seasons.  It screams Arena Football look (as does Tampa Bay, Jacksonville and Cleveland)

43 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Would be nice if that happened.  Can't stand the look they have had the last 5 seasons.  It screams Arena Football look (as does Tampa Bay, Jacksonville and Cleveland)

The all white helmet looks horrible for them in my opinion 

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Regular Season Week 14 (Part1)
Saints @ Falcons
SoZzQJr.pngUYGRnef.jpg
Colts @ Bills
ZOXfIr7.jpgVhvLD8H.jpg
Lions @ Buccaneers
5lmXObS.pngTL2jukK.jpg
Raiders @ Chiefs
5aMt6w7.jpgx4uYYBC.jpg
Seahawks @ Jaguars
PaIRqdY.jpgViuv8QW.jpg
49ers @ Texans
OefP63A.jpgscZUubz.jpg
Packers @ Browns
peAip6i.jpg0O6vCAn.jpg
Bears @ Bengals
nNcELro.jpgbwVxXM3.jpg

18 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

I thought Dallas announced that they'd use the color rush white pants in this week's match-up?

Was it ever confirmed by the Cowboys? Only posting I ever saw on this was from Troy Hughes who is a Radio personality in the Dallas area. Never saw anything official.

11 minutes ago, canzman said:

Was it ever confirmed by the Cowboys? Only posting I ever saw on this was from Troy Hughes who is a Radio personality in the Dallas area. Never saw anything official.

I have not seen anything, honestly.  Just the posting from Hughes.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Why do some teams like the Falcons, Bengals, and Steelers change their number font to a generic one for Color Rush? It looks so boring and pointless. Just keep the regular ones.

It gives the possibility of making the numbers legible.

It's where I sit.

Archived