2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

Really wish the Lions would give the blue road pants a rest. It was fun the first few games, but let's get back to our classic road look. 

I disagree, the blue pants are vibrant and look really nice. The socks however, are a sin.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Really wish the Lions would give the blue road pants a rest. It was fun the first few games, but let's get back to our classic road look. 

I think they should wear their gray pants for one game as the road uniform kinda like how they did all blue

16 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

their, not they are - sorry, I can't get past that.

No, the regular number fonts aren't illegible.  I'll paint with a broad brush - many color rush jerseys have colored numbers on colored jerseys. That combination is horrible for viewing by broadcasters and fans.  By using a standard block font rather than anything else, you make the numbers as legible as possible.

For normal jerseys, the contrast between number and jersey is greater, which allows for custom number fonts to be used and still be legible, relatively speaking. Certain numbers on certain fonts (hello, Philadelphia) are just flat out tough.

yeah it's tough to tell 6, 8, 9, and sometimes even 0 apart on the Eagles jerseys - especially when the jerseys are taped to the shoulderpads and the middle bar of the 6 8 or 9 isn't too visible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, Lobo70 said:

That's disappointing. Color rush creeping into the regular uniform rotation is a slippery slope towards lots more crappy combos than good ones

2 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

That's disappointing. Color rush creeping into the regular uniform rotation is a slippery slope towards lots more crappy combos than good ones

I dunno. There could be a lot of good (or at least interesting) combos created. 

7 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I think the Patriots vs Lions in 2010 was the first alternate vs alternate game. If we're talking about when both teams used their third jersey other than a Thanksgiving or anniversary game.

But those were on thanksgiving, which is like throwback thursday for the uniform geeks

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

11 hours ago, Lobo70 said:

A quote from the article --

When the Cowboys take the field at Met Life Stadium against the Giants on Sunday at noon central, for the first time in team history the Cowboys will wear blue jerseys with white pants.

Why do people keep saying this?

EddieL.jpg39f7ed88f8097ceb7a4ce7f6adccd4b9--school

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

58 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I think people are referring to the current blue jerseys when they say that, but they should be a bit more specific.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

If it happened before the Super Bowl, it didn't happen.

Thanks.  I keep forgetting that.  I'm almost as old as the Super Bowl, so I'm starting to slip.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

27 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

the blue pants are fine, but they arent the teams classic look. 

Yeah I get this. The blue pants also don't work in all instances. I'd much rather see the "classic look" for NFC North away games, among others. Blue pants are fun (or rather would be if they wore non-leotard making socks) for a couple games a year

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

5 hours ago, leopard88 said:

EddieL.jpg39f7ed88f8097ceb7a4ce7f6adccd4b9--school

I believe they are actually referring to the Cowboys wearing blue over white since the change in team colors from blue/white to blue/silver. Obviously blue over white was very common before their uniform change. 

1 hour ago, Wandell said:

I believe they are actually referring to the Cowboys wearing blue over white since the change in team colors from blue/white to blue/silver. Obviously blue over white was very common before their uniform change. 

I believe the article doesn't realize that the Cowboys ever wore blue over white.

It's where I sit.

21 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

But those were on thanksgiving, which is like throwback thursday for the uniform geeks

I did say how they used those alternates on other than a Thanksgiving game. The Patriots wore the red throwbacks against the Vikings that year as well. Detroit wore the then throwbacks in a game against the Jaguars in 2008, that game wasn't a Thanksgiving game.

After 2004, the throwback Thursday wasn't so common.

Archived