2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

This is one thing that NFL does 100% correct.

Limiting alts to twice a year ensures that the primary jerseys are the primaries, and that the alternates are just that. Alternate.

And teams need to be wearing their primaries as much as they can, and not at all during the playoffs.

If their alternate is better than the primary? Then switch to your best look ASAP

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

So why were the Ravens allowed to wear their black jersey 3 times this year? :D

They must like the Black better if they wear black again week 17 then im gonna have to say they switched to that 

2 hours ago, arron said:

This would be the perfect opportunity for texans to go all red or at least wear their red jerseys a 2nd time this year

Today is the first time I've watched the Texans on my new TV.  They have a solid look and I love their helmet, but I really think a regular red jersey would give them one of the best looks in the NFL.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The NFL definitely needs to have one of it's navy colored teams convert to powder blue.  The Chargers, Texans, or Titans would each be a good candidate for consideration.  The Texans are, however, one of the better looking teams in navy.

34 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Patriots back to royal?

Yes, that's another thing I'd like to see as well as the Pats going back to silver pants on the road.

7 hours ago, Mitch B said:

The NFL definitely needs to have one of it's navy colored teams convert to powder blue.  The Chargers, Texans, or Titans would each be a good candidate for consideration.  The Texans are, however, one of the better looking teams in navy.

The Titans had their baby blue as the main uniform. It's best with the white pants. 

I don't mind the Chargers only wearing powder blue for two games. Their navy jersey is underrated.

The Texans don't have a such color.

Maybe the Panthers could be in consideration since they will be having new ownership.

21 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Patriots back to royal?

No! We need to stick with navy and move to the ColorRush template except change the stripe from red-white-red to red-silver-red. Then continue to wear silver pants on at home and navy on the road. 

spacer.png

16 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Titans had their baby blue as the main uniform. It's best with the white pants. 

I don't mind the Chargers only wearing powder blue for two games. Their navy jersey is underrated.

The Texans don't have a such color.

Maybe the Panthers could be in consideration since they will be having new ownership.

The Titans should only wear navy as a secondary color.

The Chargers downgraded significantly when they paired the navy jerseys with white helmets.  A team named The Chargers needs some "pop" to their look.

The Texans have a good scheme.  They just need to feature the color red more predominantly.

As for the Panthers, a helmet color change might be in order.  I personally like their black and white jerseys.

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

No! We need to stick with navy and move to the ColorRush template except change the stripe from red-white-red to red-silver-red. Then continue to wear silver pants on at home and navy on the road. 

A patriots fan that's also an Alabama and Kentucky fan? Let me guess you also like the warriors and Yankees. Pats should ditch silver

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

1 hour ago, Mitch B said:

The Titans should only wear navy as a secondary color.

The Chargers downgraded significantly when they paired the navy jerseys with white helmets.  A team named The Chargers needs some "pop" to their look.

The Texans have a good scheme.  They just need to feature the color red more predominantly.

As for the Panthers, a helmet color change might be in order.  I personally like their black and white jerseys.

Tennessee had navy as the alternate. Now it's back to being the primary. My problem with the Titans is them wearing the navy pants more than the white pants with either of their dark jerseys.

The Chargers current set is just as good as the older one. If I had to give my opinion, I like the current uniforms better than the previous ones. Since the team plays in southern California,  having a white helmet in an area where it's sunny year round does make sense.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:10 AM, Old School Fool said:

How did the Ravens get the okay to wear their alternate 3 times this year? You mean to tell me this can happen but the Rams can't get throwbacks more than two times? It makes no sense.

I have to admit that I didn't notice that . . . and I watch the Ravens for 3+ hours every week.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'm not that surprised that the fact that the Ravens wore black jerseys 3 times this year kind of slipped thru the cracks. We've seen these sort of rules being broken before (the Panthers have worn their alt on the road at least once even though the rules state alts are for home only IIRC)... my guess is the Ravens either didn't know, forgot, or just didn't think anyone would notice/care if they threw in one more appearance of the black jersey.

I'd also hazard a guess that they were contacted by the NFL uniform police, reminded of the rule, and told to knock it off.  I doubt there'd be a fine for something like that. Also, it isn't the kind of thing the NFL would bother to make public... the news would be met by everyone who doesn't frequent this site with a big fat "who cares"? 

Archived