2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/10/2018 at 12:13 PM, arron said:

Yea I know that but on the nfl app it has the nfc as the home team 

The app is incorrect. It swiches each year to the other conference and the home team has the choice of wearing white vs dark jersey. I remember one year when the Steelers chose to wear white instead of black. 

NFC teams are the home team in odd numbered years.

AFC teams are home team in even numbered years. 

So this is Super Bowl 52 and the AFC will be the home team. 

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Pauly said:

The NFC pro bowl uniforms don't actually look that bad.The AFC on the other hand looks like a KC Chiefs alternate so no offense coming out of those ones.

By that logic the NFC pro bowl jerseys look like a NY Giants alternate since they’re blue with white accents. In reality, though, neither jersey looks anything like a Giants or Chiefs jersey or any alternate they’d ever wear.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

So apparently the NFL has a plan in place if the Vikings make it to the super bowl and they will be considered the home team

Here's a link if you are interested in the article

http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/01/10/minnesota-vikings-super-bowl-52-home-stadium-logistics

I didn't read anywhere there that they'd be the 'home' team. Just that they'd get to use their own training facility instead of U of Minnesota's as any other NFC team would. As for inside the stadium, it's the AFC's turn to be the home team. That means, primarily, the choice of uniform and the visitor gets to call the coin toss.

My guess is you wouldn't want a team to be 'too comfortable' at the stadium. So, forcing them to still using the visitors locker room isn't unreasonable.

6 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

I didn't read anywhere there that they'd be the 'home' team. Just that they'd get to use their own training facility instead of U of Minnesota's as any other NFC team would. As for inside the stadium, it's the AFC's turn to be the home team. That means, primarily, the choice of uniform and the visitor gets to call the coin toss.

My guess is you wouldn't want a team to be 'too comfortable' at the stadium. So, forcing them to still using the visitors locker room isn't unreasonable.

Yeah, that article doesn't mention uniforms, so I'd be pretty sure the AFC gets to choose even if the Vikings get there.  I do think it's possible they'd let them use their usual locker room, though.  The reasoning behind letting them use their normal practice facility seems to be about just logistics... that there's no compelling reason to make them ship all the equipment and supplies across town just to move it back. I could see the NFL making the same concession about the locker room.  Making the Vikings move all their stuff to another room in the stadium when either room works the same for the visitors seems petty.  I guess that doesn't mean it couldn't happen, though.  

The picture is just the bottom white part of the socks. They have only ever worn Navy outside of the few color rush games, where theyve had the Light blue, they aren't magically changing now for a playoff game.  

6 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

The picture is just the bottom white part of the socks. They have only ever worn Navy outside of the few color rush games, where theyve had the Light blue, they aren't magically changing now for a playoff game.  

Zoom in on it it shows that peice of the sock u were talking about and its white

Archived