canzman

2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

Recommended Posts

Also, you have to consider why the only teams who did change to their whites did so. The Steelers were doing it as the only 6th seed to ever make the Super Bowl, and the Broncos did it to battle a “curse” that has been around for decades. Those are the only ones that have done it, no? I don’t think that Bill’s ok record with either jersey would warrant anything on that level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Jags helmet could be a nightmare for marketing if they make it.  You always see the helmets facing each other in a million different formats, it could be harder to execute. Sure the big boy companies like ESPN will be fine, I'm thinking more of the little guy like Minnesota local news and newspapers and local bars doing chalk drawings, etc.  Guaranteed a handful will use the old logo and helmet.

 

Not a small company but I have an example.  The Washington Post was tweeting out these little electric football figures of the teams who won this past weekend.  For the Jags, it looks like his helmet is just his oddly shaped tattooed head?

 

DTiE380X0AA4uSS.jpg

 

The others are linked here to avoid giant pics taking over and ruling us all.  You'll notice they all have their normal helmets

 

Vikings: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTi6X-UVMAAAdct.jpg

 

Patriots: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTga5QHWAAc6rn5.jpg

 

Eagles: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTdoOWfW4AAP8FT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

I hope the Jags go all white. I just think it looks better against the Patriots' colors 

ap-austin-carr-catch-0810-1502422435.jpg

Doubt that happens because they wore black pants in back to back weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Patriots have never altered their uniform choices in the past for superstitious reasons and we should not expect them to be any different. 

In 2011 they wore white for a home game vs the Cowboys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Doubt that happens because they wore black pants in back to back weeks

The Jags have worn black pants for most of their games this year--even when they wore teal tops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gupti said:

Also, you have to consider why the only teams who did change to their whites did so. The Steelers were doing it as the only 6th seed to ever make the Super Bowl, and the Broncos did it to battle a “curse” that has been around for decades. Those are the only ones that have done it, no? I don’t think that Bill’s ok record with either jersey would warrant anything on that level.

I assume the Broncos also did it because the Panthers wore white at home throughout the rest of the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I assume the Broncos also did it because the Panthers wore white at home throughout the rest of the playoffs. 

No, it was because the Broncos were 0-4 in their orange jerseys during the Super bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, msubulldog said:

In 2011 they wore white for a home game vs the Cowboys

 

Maybe it was to mess with the Cowboys because they're superstitious about their blues? That seems like a very Belichick thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it’s the Vikings for the NFC then no matter what I think the AFC wears color to make the Vikings feel as less like a home team as possible (which won’t help but it’s a start)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 8:33 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Some of you are really over thinking this.  When the Patriots are the home team, they wear blue.  This year, the AFC is the designated home team.  The Patriots will wear blue.

 

 

Is that a given? We'll see.

 

BB had the Patriots wearing white to force the Cowboys in blue in 2011, and did the same thing in 2003 except with the silver uniform. He had the Patriots wearing white at home besides that instance before as well. Belichick has his surprises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is this still a discussion? Belichick is completely the opposite of a coach who would let his own players buy into superstitions (especially one so weak as “the Patriots have lost slightly fewer Super Bowls in white”). He has no reason to “surprise” anyone here. Only reason he would do it against the Boys would be for mental warfare against them, I suppose, and they’re not even playing.

 

There have been only two non-Cowboy, non-OG Redskin instances of the home team actually making a choice for their uni instead of just defaulting to their regular home look. This is a moot point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would the Eagles wear green or white pants with their white jersey, I wonder.  I'm an Iggle fan and I have no idea.

 

Ok just did some checking and they only went white jersey/green pants one time this season, on the road vs. the Giants.  So my guess would be white/white.

Edited by RayFinkle
more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RayFinkle said:

Would the Eagles wear green or white pants with their white jersey, I wonder.  I'm an Iggle fan and I have no idea.

 

Ok just did some checking and they only went white jersey/green pants one time this season, on the road vs. the Giants.  So my guess would be white/white.

I think they would go white/green because they are undefeated in that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 2:25 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

That Jags helmet could be a nightmare for marketing if they make it.  You always see the helmets facing each other in a million different formats, it could be harder to execute. Sure the big boy companies like ESPN will be fine, I'm thinking more of the little guy like Minnesota local news and newspapers and local bars doing chalk drawings, etc.  Guaranteed a handful will use the old logo and helmet.

 

Not a small company but I have an example.  The Washington Post was tweeting out these little electric football figures of the teams who won this past weekend.  For the Jags, it looks like his helmet is just his oddly shaped tattooed head?

 

DTiE380X0AA4uSS.jpg

 

The others are linked here to avoid giant pics taking over and ruling us all.  You'll notice they all have their normal helmets

 

Vikings: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTi6X-UVMAAAdct.jpg

 

Patriots: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTga5QHWAAc6rn5.jpg

 

Eagles: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTdoOWfW4AAP8FT.jpg

 

That's crazy that the WP doesn't have anyone who can spare 5 minutes fixing that helmet in Photoshop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Broken Record said:

 

That's crazy that the WP doesn't have anyone who can spare 5 minutes fixing that helmet in Photoshop.

All of them are pretty rough looking that I'd be embarrassed to put those out as The Post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now