2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

11 hours ago, Gupti said:

Why is this still a discussion? Belichick is completely the opposite of a coach who would let his own players buy into superstitions (especially one so weak as “the Patriots have lost slightly fewer Super Bowls in white”). He has no reason to “surprise” anyone here. Only reason he would do it against the Boys would be for mental warfare against them, I suppose, and they’re not even playing.

There have been only two non-Cowboy, non-OG Redskin instances of the home team actually making a choice for their uni instead of just defaulting to their regular home look. This is a moot point.

Actually there is a 3rd. And it just so happens to be the Patriots in Super Bowl XX. During the 85 and 86 season the Pats wore white at home and only wore red on the road if playing a team such as the Dolphins or Cowboys etc... They won road games during the playoffs that year against the Jets and Dolphins wearing red jerseys. So as the home team they got superstitious and went with the red against the Bears instead of their usual white home jerseys.

While its not a home team going white instead of color, it is a home team wearing a uniform not at the time designated their home jersey.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/16/2018 at 2:25 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

DTiE380X0AA4uSS.jpg

12 hours ago, Broken Record said:

That's crazy that the WP doesn't have anyone who can spare 5 minutes fixing that helmet in Photoshop.

12 hours ago, benpc21 said:

All of them are pretty rough looking that I'd be embarrassed to put those out as The Post.

Wait, does not everyone recognize that this is supposed to look like the old mini-electric football game players from the 60's/70's?  It's supposed to be rough.

IMG_8834-1024x698.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Sheesh... kids today.

1 minute ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Agree completely, but you still gotta give my man on the Jags a helmet. Make it black at least. The one pictured above is just his skin tone with a jags logo slapped on 

I knew that you could tell what they were going for... I was just surprised at the "why is it so rough" follow up comments.

16 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

Rough is fine. The other teams were perfect. But seriously. Skin helmet?

The only team that could logically pull this off are the Buffalo Bills...

aGO0jlW.jpg

9 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:
How cool would it be if the NFL allowed a color vs color matchup in the super bowl 

That’d be great, except there really aren’t any viable color on color options from the remaining possible SB matchups.

Pats vs. Vikings: Navy and purple are too close

Pats vs. Eagles: Same for navy and midnight green

Jags vs. Vikings: Black and purple would probably be too close still, and the Jags can’t wear their teal alts 

Jags vs. Eagles: Black and midnight green are too close

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

How cool would it be if the NFL allowed a color vs color matchup in the super bowl 

For the right teams? Absolutely. A matchup of, for example, Kansas City vs. Seattle, Oakland vs. Tampa Bay, or any other bright vs. dark jerseys would provide plenty of contrast. But more often than not, there wouldn't be a sufficient difference for colorblind viewers or monochrome print photos. The only matchup this year that could possibly work would be Minnesota's purple vs. Jacksonville's teal, but they won't allow alternates (nor should they), so it's a moot point.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

2 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

No, that would be terrible, when no other Super Bowl has featured it before. Team color primary jersey vs White primary jersey Is the only way to go. Otherwise it looks cheap, and too little league

I was just pondering the possible super bowl Uni matchups and wondering where each of them would stack up on the all time list.

Then as I was going through my mental catalogue I realized Super Bowl XXVI(Redskins v Bills) is now the middle point of the series. Holy crap I feel old.

Anyway, I thought it might be interesting to share our first super bowl uniform matchup. The oldest I can recall is Super Bowl XVII between the Redskins and Dolphins. It is a fairly ugly mix of colors. But something I look for in a super bowl is a strong contrasting of colors. This certainly had that. For my money, this matchup was far superior to the first matchup between these two in a super bowl(Dolphins 17-0 season).

gty_super_bowl_17_john_riggins_jc_150126

On 1/18/2018 at 7:31 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Wait, does not everyone recognize that this is supposed to look like the old mini-electric football game players from the 60's/70's?  It's supposed to be rough.

Sheesh... kids today.

As a entitled Millennial, I must apologize. I know this not expected of my generation, but I was wrong. For my ignorance, I will punish myself by not getting my daily Unicorn Frappucino with 4 pumps of vanilla and extra whip. I will also put down my cellphone for a continuous 7 minutes and not check my Snaps, Insta, Twitter, Vine, or other app that I use as my only source of interaction with other humans for an entire hour. (insert string of sad emojis).

SEAsig.png

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

From NFL Facebook. WTF with those black eagle pants lol

26951767_10156020768841263_1933896252828

I just saw this on Instagram and came here for the same reason lol. Maybe next year they are gonna wear those black pants with the green jerseys. Also noticed how Blake Bortles is wearing the alternate teal jerseys

1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

I just saw this on Instagram and came here for the same reason lol. Maybe next year they are gonna wear those black pants with the green jerseys. Also noticed how Blake Bortles is wearing the alternate teal jerseys

Artistic choice.  Its a cartoon.. its just for some balance in the photo. Otherwise you have three white/silver pants in a row with one black on the end, and they wanted some colorful jerseys and some contrast so they did teal over black for jags rather than black over black or black over white.   Again its just a cartoon for fun.

I think they did a good job actually-- they got the number fonts close and even did pretty accurate player accessories --- one glove for TB.. although he'll probably wear 2 this week lol.  And they got Keenums wide-ass torso,

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived