2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Yes... I was wrong on this, but this is the last team that I thought would change due to superstitious reasons. I figured they'd want to winat least one in the Blues just to help with the memory of the Giants games

It doesn't matter to them anymore.

On 1/16/2018 at 11:33 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Some of you are really over thinking this.  When the Patriots are the home team, they wear blue.  This year, the AFC is the designated home team.  The Patriots will wear blue.

On 1/16/2018 at 12:18 PM, phutmasterflex said:

Patriots have never altered their uniform choices in the past for superstitious reasons and we should not expect them to be any different. 

On 1/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, Gupti said:

Why is this still a discussion? Belichick is completely the opposite of a coach who would let his own players buy into superstitions (especially one so weak as “the Patriots have lost slightly fewer Super Bowls in white”). He has no reason to “surprise” anyone here. Only reason he would do it against the Boys would be for mental warfare against them, I suppose, and they’re not even playing.

There have been only two non-Cowboy, non-OG Redskin instances of the home team actually making a choice for their uni instead of just defaulting to their regular home look. This is a moot point.

BUMP

90758391980.gif

That's.... weird.

3-1 vs. 2-2 under Brady-Chick is not a significant margin at all. It only ever depends on what year they make it in. If they lose this year, do they just chalk it up to an even-numbered Super Bowl curse (in spite of still having two wins in such years)? It's not like a team that's been to enough recent Super Bowls to garner these kinds of stats and trends is cursed regardless.

On 1/22/2018 at 8:53 AM, arron said:

The patriots don’t care about conspiracie theories they will be in blue for the super bowl 

59 minutes ago, Gupti said:

That's.... weird.

3-1 vs. 2-2 under Brady-Chick is not a significant margin at all. It only ever depends on what year they make it in. If they lose this year, do they just chalk it up to an even-numbered Super Bowl curse (in spite of still having two wins in such years)? It's not like a team that's been to enough recent Super Bowls to garner these kinds of stats and trends is cursed regardless.

They're 3-0 in white under Brady. 2-2 in navy.

Last two wins, were in white. Last two games in blue? Losses to the Giants. Both in late-game crushing fashion. So, they're a bit superstitious. I'm sure it was a player vote and they preferred the white. Some thinking that this is a 'road' game so it should be played as a road game.

35 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

They're 3-0 in white under Brady. 2-2 in navy.

Last two wins, were in white. Last two games in blue? Losses to the Giants. Both in late-game crushing fashion. So, they're a bit superstitious. I'm sure it was a player vote and they preferred the white. Some thinking that this is a 'road' game so it should be played as a road game.

My bad on the stat. My point stands, though, that I feel like it's easy to forget that when you've gotten to play in the game SEVEN times out of seventeen chances, those two losses can't really be that consequential, can they (especially considering that there are two wins that counter the two losses in that span)? Sure, it's heartbreaking to lose the Super Bowl, but gosh darn it, if they and their fanbase haven't experienced as much success and fortune as anyone else has in that span regardless...

I guess it just comes off as bold in a goofy way on their part to come out and say "Hey, it's not like we can risk letting our laundry keep us from getting our 6th ring in under 20 years!" It feels almost as though they're admitting to feeling slighted by the Football Gods for taking away two potential victories out of seven because of a blue shirt (out of the four times that said blue shirt could've affected anything).

Maybe I'm just rambling, but this just seems like quite the racket to me.

I think teams paid attention when the Broncos opted for white jerseys in Super Bowl 50 against an (on paper) superior opponent, and the resulting victory at least made staff otherwise impervious to such supposed nonsense think twice.

If this game turns out, unfortunately, to be a win for Emperor Palpatine and the Patsies, I think the home team will, for the foreseeable future, opt for white uniform tops.

I know for certain the Broncos will never opt for orange jerseys again should they ever make it back to the Super Bowl.

On 1/25/2018 at 12:12 PM, s3ahawkz said:
NFC is wearing white pants for pro bowl. Will be interesting to see if AFC also has white pants

Yep, they do:

usa_today_10568480.0.jpg

And here’s a good look at the full pants stripes for both teams:

DUbidGoX0AADTAm.jpg

img_5025.jpg?itok=-9p3Mrvu

Honestly I think these Pro Bowl uniforms are pretty solid now that we know what the pants for both teams look like. The gradient is a bit gimmicky, but I don’t mind it that much.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

33 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yep, they do:

usa_today_10568480.0.jpg

And here’s a good look at the full pants stripes for both teams:

DUbidGoX0AADTAm.jpg

img_5025.jpg?itok=-9p3Mrvu

Honestly I think these Pro Bowl uniforms are pretty solid now that we know what the pants for both teams look like. The gradient is a bit gimmicky, but I don’t mind it that much.

It's odd that one is blue with a blue gradient, and the other is red with a yellow gradient. Why not blue with blue and red with red, or a different color with both? Heck, even make both set of numbers a grey to black gradient.

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It's odd that one is blue with a blue gradient, and the other is red with a yellow gradient. Why not blue with blue and red with red, or a different color with both? Heck, even make both set of numbers a grey to black gradient.

Because the red gradient will fade out to a pinkish tone. We can't have that now can we? /manly man

Archived