Philadelphia City Soccer Club

thecoffeecake

So my friends and I are jumping on the create-your-own-soccer-team bandwagon that has been sweeping the US, and have decided to attempt to start a club in Philadelphia called Philadelphia City Soccer Club. The point is to bring a club into the city of Philadelphia, and give the soccer community in the city a team to support. Most people don't realize how far from the city the Union are, and how disconnected they are from Center City and the rest of Philly. We are in the very early stages, but we've put together a prototype logo. The primary image is the statue of William Penn atop City Hall. The original idea was to use only black and off-white (representing city hall), but we messed around with the idea of using the color of a vintage soccer ball for that part of the logo and really liked it. There's some messiness with the wording, but this is far from the final product. Take a look!

philacity.png

I don't really think the silhouette really works, imo. I feel like the bell would represent Philly better as well as being instantly recognizable. Also this is kind of off topic but isn't the whole reason why the the Union are so far away is because the Red Bulls said it interfered with their location or something?

sigsgsg.png.dd2c63fee3388b4132af271cae3c34b5.png

12 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

I don't really think the silhouette really works, imo. I feel like the bell would represent Philly better as well as being instantly recognizable. Also this is kind of off topic but isn't the whole reason why the the Union are so far away is because the Red Bulls said it interfered with their location or something?

Agreed. The bell would work perfectly. I also think that the ball would look better like this:

23iw2g3.png

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

No, Red Bull doesn't have any territory rights in Philly, and if they did, it would include the entire market. They just went the cheap real estate route. They played their first handful of games at the Linc in Philly.

Archived