Lone Star - Dallas Stars Rebrand

DTConcepts

I came across an idea for a secondary logo for the Stars, and decided to run with it. The presentation is below.

Pres1.thumb.png.5edc8d6a0c178476c0263f8032ef8f2a.png

Pres2.thumb.png.c4c27760b3fb12c3f7fc6c0f1e418825.png

Pres3.thumb.png.14d5e4a65dd01050eb4e667aff3818cd.png

Pres4.thumb.png.e588e337b0e626dcaf4296e0a9572d41.png

Pres5.thumb.png.4f17ce9515ef69cf7c4b7bb5c1c42809.png

I've got a version made up for the HJC Random Competition. The challenge was to create the Stars in red and blue, and you can find a link to that HERE.

6 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I wouldn't say that the D-Star monogram you recolored is an entirely new logo since it was a concept that was considered by the team

http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/12/05/dallas-stars-share-the-logos-they-almost-used/

Beat me to it.

As the resident Stars nerd, here I what I like:

The re-introduction of gold without simply using a a gaudy gold bevel.

The primary logo staying largely unchanged.

Green helmets.

Green yokes.

What I don't like:

The color hierarchy seems off, and I dunno why.

I don't like the gold drawstrings.

The uniforms feel way more modern than the current look, and I really prefer the classic style we use. I can see the current uniforms being used in 2040. These, I feel, would look dated. They remind me of green Calgary.

Lose the shoulder numbers. They clutter the yoke, when the sleeves are entirely empty.

4 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I wouldn't say that the D-Star monogram you recolored is an entirely new logo since it was a concept that was considered by the team

http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/12/05/dallas-stars-share-the-logos-they-almost-used/

I'm aware. My wording was a bit vague, but if used, it'd be a new logo for the team. That's what I meant.

4 hours ago, ColeJ said:

What I don't like:

The color hierarchy seems off, and I dunno why.

I don't like the gold drawstrings.

The uniforms feel way more modern than the current look, and I really prefer the classic style we use. I can see the current uniforms being used in 2040. These, I feel, would look dated. They remind me of green Calgary.

Lose the shoulder numbers. They clutter the yoke, when the sleeves are entirely empty.

Gonna go one by one.

1: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2: Understandable. I figured that in real life it'd look cool. Plus, I'm a fan of using as many colors on the collar as possible, in general.

3: Again, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Square yokes can make a modern jersey, and I like that. I think square yokes can make a team feel more modern while the rest of the uniform can give a classic vibe.

4: I guess it's an unpopular opinion, but I like shoulder numbers, and think they look great on Edmonton and Florida. What I dislike is arm patches, like what Florida has. I think it makes a jersey more modern while still being kind of classic. I can get why you don't like it, though.

The star in the monogram is way off from where the city of Dallas is, it's almost in Stephenville. I know that's because of the shapes there but that would drive me nuts at games to have my logo represent a city that far away.

I think that Gold would look too drab on the ice and tv next to the black, kinda the same problem we had with our old uniforms, which is why I think we ultimately went with green, black and white/silver. Dunno if I like a flat version of our primary. I think if you're going to use gold it should show in the primary somewhere, even if in just an outline like how Victory Green does now or as the beveling like silver does.

I like the striping though and do think this is an upgrade over what the Stars had before this last rebrand, but I'm not a fan of this over our current set.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Archived