Little Big League: What if Brandiose Designed the MLB? (Baltimore posted 2/7)

Bruins

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

If you hadn't said that thing about not wanting to start over from scratch, I would have suggested doing something with trains. The railroad factors into Cincinnati's history in a big way, they're machines, they're big, they can be red...

But since you did say that... Hmm. Maybe an extra color would help? I can't think of anything that wouldn't either dilute the point of the concept or look more commie. I know this isn't constructive, but I also don't know how to be more constructive. I think an extra color is the best move, despite the diluted Red Machine message.

Yeah, I'm not trying to sound unreasonable, i just wouldn't be happy about completely changing a concept I was happy with because of an unfortunate parallel. And no, I appreciate the C&C, will try to add back black.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

14 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Yeah, I'm not trying to sound unreasonable, i just wouldn't be happy about completely changing a concept I was happy with because of an unfortunate parallel. And no, I appreciate the C&C, will try to add back black.

I don't think you need to completely change the concept, but I guess a little black wouldn't hurt.

How about the "Trolley Dodgers" for LA? It's a nickname they earned while in Brooklyn, but it would have new meaning today since San Francisco is famous for its trolleys. The very name would then be a dig at their biggest division rival.

So next is Coco's idea and by far the most drastic change yet, based off of the Braves nickname, The Atlanta Peach Clobbers!

'The one thing people think of when they think of Georgia is the ever famous Georgia Peach, so it makes perfect sense to base Atlanta's team on the fuzzy fruit. The new peach mascot P.J. is a symbol of combined fun & focus and the design as a whole is fresh and bright with a few subtle nods to the 70's Braves, lowercase a included. The Clobbers have multiple cap logos including two monograms resembling peaches, a and PC, P.J. doing a Schwarzenegger pose, a muscle and a leaf the first four of which have a fuzzy texture to them. All peach-colored jersey logos are also fuzzy. In addition to the lowercase a main cap logo, the home and road jerseys feature a leaf on each sleeve resembling the feather logo in use from 72-79.'

ITZNBro.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I love your approach for Atlanta. The use of references to their past looks is genius!

On 2017-5-13 at 8:52 PM, coco1997 said:

Also, upon searching "MLB team nicknames" on Wikipedia, I found that the 2013 Braves apparently earned the nickname the "Peach Cobblers," which would definitely make for an interesting identity and also get you away from the potentially offensive Native American theme.

That Wikipedia article has some really Brandiose-ish names:

-Chicago Blue Bears

-Colorado Toddlers

-Motor City Kitties

-Miami Fightin' Fish

I'm totally embarrassed right now. When I suggested that nickname for Atlanta, I thought it was "Peach Cobblers," not "Clobbers," which is a funny play on words. But the correct nickname makes much more sense. :D

4 hours ago, Victormrey said:

I love your approach for Atlanta. The use of references to their past looks is genius!

-Motor City Kitties

Yep. That name and a car/engine themed identity for the Tigers is an absolute must. 

I just got caught back up on the series. I love Atlanta. Cincinnati is pretty good and I love the idea for different caps for different positions, but why 10 teeth on the gears? You got so much done around the 9 players on the field, why not have 9 teeth on the gear?

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I'm totally embarrassed right now. When I suggested that nickname for Atlanta, I thought it was "Peach Cobblers," not "Clobbers," which is a funny play on words. But the correct nickname makes much more sense. :D

Yep. That name and a car/engine themed identity for the Tigers is an absolute must. 

I'm ready to see a little Tiger dressed in a mechanic suit swinging a wrench. :D 

TBH, all of these look great. My fave is the Peach Clobbers, and I can't wait to see what you do for the Blue Jays. Speaking of that Wikipedia list..... The Giants are sometimes called the Gyros. That'd be a fun food identity IMO. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 5/13/2017 at 2:49 PM, MCM0313 said:

Voodoo Chiles because Jimi Hendrix was from Seattle, and Five Ways because that's a way to serve Cincinnati-style chili (Cincy-style chili, spaghetti, cheese, beans, onions).

Chocolate-spaghetti-themed Brandiose might be what finally finishes me off. Don't do it, don't ever do it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Chocolate-spaghetti-themed Brandiose might be what finally finishes me off. Don't do it, don't ever do it.

Who said anything about chocolate? Does Skyline have chocolate in it? I only notice the cinnamon...

...which is awesome, btw.

17 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

It would've been even worse if you made the peach dab in the secondary peach logo.

Great stuff, so far!

Yeah, that's a line I won't cross :P

Thanks!

17 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think this is your best one yet. The rendering is great - looks very Brandiose-ish - and the subtle Braves homages are very nicely done. Great job all around!

Thank you so much! The eyes are very similar to the ones they used on the Biloxi Shuckers oyster, which are super Brandiose-ish, so that helps. Thank you! 

14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Oh man, that '70s feather-inspired leaf logo is a stroke of genius.

8 hours ago, Victormrey said:

-Chicago Blue Bears

-Colorado Toddlers

-Motor City Kitties

-Miami Fightin' Fish

The lowercase a era is by far the best the Braves have ever had, love it. The sleeve leaves just kind of struck me when I saw how much I was actually using them throughout. Thank you!

As soon as I saw Motor City Kitties I fell in love with it, definitely have to do that one.

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I'm ready to see a little Tiger dressed in a mechanic suit swinging a wrench. :D 

TBH, all of these look great. My fave is the Peach Clobbers, and I can't wait to see what you do for the Blue Jays. Speaking of that Wikipedia list..... The Giants are sometimes called the Gyros. That'd be a fun food identity IMO. 

Will definitely do a car/motor theme although Brandiose already did something similar with the Hot Rods so I'll have to go with different imagery than mechanics/wrenches.

image.jpeg.1d698e7f405c25942899426d765c8b7b.jpeg

Also, Gyros would be EXCELLENT for a food night concept.

3 hours ago, eick74 said:

I just got caught back up on the series. I love Atlanta. Cincinnati is pretty good and I love the idea for different caps for different positions, but why 10 teeth on the gears? You got so much done around the 9 players on the field, why not have 9 teeth on the gear?

Thanks! You're very right, I don't know why I didn't think of that!

Thank you SO much for the great feedback guys, and the great suggestions too! I've decided to start with 6 teams, 2 more, and then make some jerseys, hats, and special night concepts for the teams already done so I'd love to hear any more suggestions for themed night concepts or anything else you think I should do for the A's, Mets, Machine, Clobbers, Kitties or Bombers, mascots, posters, promotional ideas etc. No sug is too outlandish, I'd love to hear any ideas that pop into your mind! 

Lz5f6vZ.png

Wow! Looking through the series has been fairly interesting. I think you've been improving a lot from some of your prior concepts, and the thought behind this series is great :D

I especially love the peach logo, no complaints here. The whole set is just flawless. Are you thinking about doing jerseys eventually? 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

On 2017-5-19 at 9:03 PM, Bruins said:

As soon as I saw Motor City Kitties I fell in love with it, definitely have to do that one.

I've just had an idea: How about using a cartoon-ish tiger like this

qz3plfchujmjek1ll2do.gif

Holding on a car exhaust?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so this was definitely my hardest to work out so far, but here they are the Motor City Kitties!:

'So with the Kitties (I) wanted to go with a theme unique to Detroit, something they could really connect to, however instead of their automotive history (I) chose to base the Kitties off of their Music history, specifically Motown. The design calls back to the 70's all throughout, including the color scheme, fonts, and new tiger mascot Gordy who sports a powder blue suit straight out of the decade. Records are also used throughout the logo set, becoming the new symbol of Detroit baseball.

VITYfPl.jpg

Yankees are up next, after that I'll be doing some hats, uniforms, promotional ideas, etc. for the 6 teams done!

Lz5f6vZ.png

Loving the Kitties overall. I love how the MC logo also looks a bit like MO for Motown. The tiger's anatomy is a little off--look at the shoulder on the viewer's left. Also, the head looks a little janky. Would love to see what their uniforms would look like, with the unique orange/brown/blue palette.

rATMcmK.png

Holy crap, you've managed to outdo yourself yet again! I love that you kept the suggested name but went in a totally different direction with the identity. I do agree that something looks a little off about the tiger's right arm.

Can't wait to see New York!

Archived