Little Big League: What if Brandiose Designed the MLB? (Baltimore posted 2/7)

Bruins

On 5/18/2017 at 7:03 PM, Bruins said:

So next is Coco's idea and by far the most drastic change yet, based off of the Braves nickname, The Atlanta Peach Clobbers!

'The one thing people think of when they think of Georgia is the ever famous Georgia Peach, so it makes perfect sense to base Atlanta's team on the fuzzy fruit. The new peach mascot P.J. is a symbol of combined fun & focus and the design as a whole is fresh and bright with a few subtle nods to the 70's Braves, lowercase a included. The Clobbers have multiple cap logos including two monograms resembling peaches, a and PC, P.J. doing a Schwarzenegger pose, a muscle and a leaf the first four of which have a fuzzy texture to them. All peach-colored jersey logos are also fuzzy. In addition to the lowercase a main cap logo, the home and road jerseys feature a leaf on each sleeve resembling the feather logo in use from 72-79.'

ITZNBro.jpg

this is the best one so far!!! love it...might change it to Peach Clubbers or go straight to Peach Cobblers but it's sweet - hahahaha - had to do it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a bit of a shakeup, I've decided to just go ahead and release more teams with special concepts sprinkled in, as opposed to waiting longer to release actual new team concepts. So here is the 7th team in the series, which took a little while to complete but I'm very happy with, the Anaheim Angels!

'With the Angels, (I) wanted to really capture Anaheim in the brand, which is reflected especially in the new and original color scheme. The Angels are now bright and colorful with a cohesive design brought together by multiple influences. The color scheme is inspired by the heavenly shades of a california sunset while the main logo prominently features Anaheim's first official mascot, an angel named Albert, ascending forward with a baseball bat in hand. The main cap logo receives a makeover which cogs well with the new primary along with two new secondaries representing Disneyland's famous ferris wheel and the ball through glove icon from the poster for the 1994 movie, "Angels in the Outfield". Anaheim's new baseball brand is fun and luminescent, while doing a great job representing the city itself'

7c797LK.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

46 minutes ago, Bruins said:

So a bit of a shakeup, I've decided to just go ahead and release more teams with special concepts sprinkled in, as opposed to waiting longer to release actual new team concepts. So here is the 7th team in the series, which took a little while to complete but I'm very happy with, the Anaheim Angels!

'With the Angels, (I) wanted to really capture Anaheim in the brand, which is reflected especially in the new and original color scheme. The Angels are now bright and colorful with a cohesive design brought together by multiple influences. The color scheme is inspired by the heavenly shades of a california sunset while the main logo prominently features Anaheim's first official mascot, an angel named Albert, ascending forward with a baseball bat in hand. The main cap logo receives a makeover which cogs well with the new primary along with two new secondaries representing Disneyland's famous ferris wheel and the ball through glove icon from the poster for the 1994 movie, "Angels in the Outfield". Anaheim's new baseball brand is fun and luminescent, while doing a great job representing the city itself'

7c797LK.jpg

Haha, nice name for the mascot, but shouldn't he look a little more like Christopher Lloyd? ;)

Seriously, I love this for the Angels.

2 hours ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

It's more Angel-y than real life without being overkill. It's a good look that would give them an identity more than, "A big A with a halo."

First time this series I'd say this, but this is better than what they actually wear.

EDIT: I would advocate for giving the angel Al's signature cap, maybe on the alternate?

Wow! That's incredible to hear! Although I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing lol. Thank you though!

I was 90% gonna do that on a AITO themed Alt., and now definitely will, nice call.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Haha, nice name for the mascot, but shouldn't he look a little more like Christopher Lloyd? ;)

Seriously, I love this for the Angels.

I see you, nice catch.

Thanks man!

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

This is fantastic. Beautiful color scheme and logos, especially that Ferris wheel one. Can't wait to see who's next!

Thank you so much! I'm not sure who's on deck, but I'm pretty sure the Giants and BoSox will make the first 12.

Keep up the great feedback guys! I'm open to suggestions too, so let me know who you'd like to see next!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

You've outdone yourself! This Angels one takes the cake as your best one yet. The colors are great, Albert is awesome, and the alternate logos (both the ferris wheel and the mitt) are brilliant. This series keeps getting better and better. Very well done!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2017 at 7:12 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

If the BoSox don't have at least one logo with an angry sock swinging a bat I will be disappointed :P

Although seriously, how about the Green Monsters is you want to change up Boston's name?

Ha! That is so Brandiose, angered anthropomorphs. I'll definitely try to still fit some Sox into the Sox's identity, which I'm 99% sure will indeed be Green Monstahs.

On 8/29/2017 at 8:04 PM, MJD7 said:

I really love the pastel-style colors used for the Angels, it all fits wonderfully with the theme. Great job!

Thank you so much!

On 9/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

You've outdone yourself! This Angels one takes the cake as your best one yet. The colors are great, Albert is awesome, and the alternate logos (both the ferris wheel and the mitt) are brilliant. This series keeps getting better and better. Very well done!

Thank you x6! :D Great to hear!

So, after a bit of a creative slump I'm hoping to jump start this series with my next team, the Colorado Rockies! Now, let me just say I'm ecstatic with how this one turned out, excited to hear if you guys agree!:

'With the Rockies, (I) wanted to achieve a bit more exciting brand while still holding on to the pros of their long-running style. So, (I) looked to the animal kingdom for a mascot that could be easily embraced by the fans, and the winner turned out to be the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep. The new face of the Rockies, 14er the Bighorn, provides a fun aspect to the identity but also serves as a strong symbol of Colorado. The new main logo is a simple but complex combination Mountain/Bighorn with the fraction of the great Rocky Mountains doubling as a subtle body shape for the sheep, the eggplant the front and the dusty purple the rear. The cap logo is four pronged in meaning with attention paid to the mascot's horn, Colorado's C, Colorado's flag icon, and of course baseball itself. This will be the most iconic of the three logos. Finally, the secondary logo takes the shape of Coors Field's diamond, along with a cap of snow and the Rocky Mountains' elevation number. All in all, the new identity takes a few cues from the Rockies known brand, but bursts out of a slightly dated mold in a fun, exciting way.'

u5YHQtb.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

23 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I really like all you've done here, but what are the solid black boxes in the Cincinnati set supposed to be?

They were supposed to just represent where more jerseys could be, instead of leaving that whole section blank or rearranging based on number each time.

Lz5f6vZ.png

3 hours ago, Bruins said:

They were supposed to just represent where more jerseys could be, instead of leaving that whole section blank or rearranging based on number each time.

Ah, gotcha.

P.S. Can't wait to see how you handle the Hitmen unis!

• 2 months later...

Ok, now this one's out there. I'm happy to say I'm back, and I hope to really get going with this again! (esp. after the Logolympiad) So, to kick things back off, I decided to finish up the "Rays" after being stuck for a while on how to complete them. And they are now, to say the least, different. There was nothing I could think of that even Brandiose could do to really gussy up the current bland, boring TB identity, so I decided to create one of my own:

'If there's one word to describe the Krewe's brand, it's quirky. But fittingly, that word also describes the bustling, historic neighborhood of Ybor City, inside Tampa. The Krewe's identity revolves around the annual Gasparilla Festival which takes place in Tampa, and the legendary pirate that gave it its name, Jose Gaspar. Jose, who has become a staple of Floridian folklore, probably never existed, but has been kept alive through stories to this day in part because of the Gasparilla Festival. He is the main facet of the primary logo, and is faceless for a reason, since no one of course knows what he looked like if he existed at all, but his face is replaced with the inaugural year of his namesake festival, 1904. The accompanying wordmark is made to be one of a kind, with a weathered feel to add to the theme. A few other accents of the script are more of a nod to Ybor City, with the swirl details representing the light decorations over some of the streets in Ybor, and the the two yellow lines making the leftward lines of the K and last E very subtle cigars, in honor of YC's nickname, Cigar City, which it earned from its rich cigar-making history. The cap logo captures most of the elements from the main and the first secondary features a Florida palm tree/ Cigar combo with a baseball bat and a pirate's sword crossed in front to make super subtle cigar scissors. Another secondary features a pirate's skeleton hand that was recently found in a Tampa family's attic, grasping a baseball. (I) really hope (I) made something unique to Tampa, that they can call their own.'

mJfyseH.jpg

So this was definitely my most outlandish entry in the series so far, but i hope this balanced out some of the tamer concepts of late, because this is a Brandiose series, and Brandiose doesn't do tame. C&C appreciated!

Lz5f6vZ.png

Archived