Little Big League: What if Brandiose Designed the MLB? (Baltimore posted 2/7)

Bruins

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2017 at 5:41 PM, JCRGraphix said:

The Krewe is delightful. You really managed to fit a hell of a lot into a really nice brand. Well done.

Wow, thank you!

On 12/3/2017 at 7:24 PM, coco1997 said:

Great to see this series back! Well worth the wait for the Krewe. Should provide for some interesting uniform designs down the road!

I feel the same! :lol: Thank you, I'll do my best!

On 12/8/2017 at 8:03 PM, CallmeMichael24 said:

I love all of this.

Happy to hear it!

On 12/12/2017 at 11:38 AM, Bulldog said:

The Crewe is excellent.  Tampa Bay has been a dumping ground for dull, effortless logos for a while now, so it is good to see somebody do the city justice.

Thank you! Agreed, and I appreciate it.

Now here is the third hat and jersey sets of the series, both for the South Side Hitmen!

pgXHEqm.jpg

bTDtSu4.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Glad to hear you guys liked the Hitmen's jerseys! Next up the Peach Clobbers uniforms/hats, which draw heavily from the fantastic 70's Braves duds.

yctdnEL.jpg

QXLsWel.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Teaser for team #10, while I continue to construct the finished brand, this font is the centerpiece I'm building around. Stay tuned!

OYQO0S2.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

On 8/8/2017 at 5:23 PM, Bruins said:

"The Gnomes' Uniforms are designed to be whimsical along with the overall theme. The colors of the jersey base and hat are the same as the gnome mascot himself, and the wordmark captures most of the main logo's color to make the jersey pop. The numbering is meant to represent Oakland's gnome paintings themselves, loosely at least."

w7E7JY5.jpg

LaqMz7y.jpg

Super cool!!! I wish my son was still little league aged...I'd totally sponsor the team and put this together for them...awesome stuff bud.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:10 PM, Bruins said:

Ok, now this one's out there. I'm happy to say I'm back, and I hope to really get going with this again! (esp. after the Logolympiad) So, to kick things back off, I decided to finish up the "Rays" after being stuck for a while on how to complete them. And they are now, to say the least, different. There was nothing I could think of that even Brandiose could do to really gussy up the current bland, boring TB identity, so I decided to create one of my own:

'If there's one word to describe the Krewe's brand, it's quirky. But fittingly, that word also describes the bustling, historic neighborhood of Ybor City, inside Tampa. The Krewe's identity revolves around the annual Gasparilla Festival which takes place in Tampa, and the legendary pirate that gave it its name, Jose Gaspar. Jose, who has become a staple of Floridian folklore, probably never existed, but has been kept alive through stories to this day in part because of the Gasparilla Festival. He is the main facet of the primary logo, and is faceless for a reason, since no one of course knows what he looked like if he existed at all, but his face is replaced with the inaugural year of his namesake festival, 1904. The accompanying wordmark is made to be one of a kind, with a weathered feel to add to the theme. A few other accents of the script are more of a nod to Ybor City, with the swirl details representing the light decorations over some of the streets in Ybor, and the the two yellow lines making the leftward lines of the K and last E very subtle cigars, in honor of YC's nickname, Cigar City, which it earned from its rich cigar-making history. The cap logo captures most of the elements from the main and the first secondary features a Florida palm tree/ Cigar combo with a baseball bat and a pirate's sword crossed in front to make super subtle cigar scissors. Another secondary features a pirate's skeleton hand that was recently found in a Tampa family's attic, grasping a baseball. (I) really hope (I) made something unique to Tampa, that they can call their own.'

mJfyseH.jpg

So this was definitely my most outlandish entry in the series so far, but i hope this balanced out some of the tamer concepts of late, because this is a Brandiose series, and Brandiose doesn't do tame. C&C appreciated!

Coming from Tampa, and with Gasparilla coming up soon, THIS IS PERFECT.

spacer.png

• 5 months later...
46 minutes ago, CJ Miller said:

I need a Tampa-Ybor Krewe jersey yesterday.

19 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Wow, I totally forgot that Giants teaser. Are we ever going to see the full concept?

I've very recently really been thinking about picking this up again, I haven't given this series the attention it deserves, so big stuff and changes coming soon! Stay tuned!

Lz5f6vZ.png

17 hours ago, Bruins said:

I've very recently really been thinking about picking this up again, I haven't given this series the attention it deserves, so big stuff and changes coming soon! Stay tuned!

That's amazing news! This has been one of the most creative projects on the forum, and I'd love to see it come back soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for making you guys wait even longer, but I'm finally back with a GIANT return!! Part of the reason I took a little while more was because I thought I could make this series more in-depth and authentic, so I put in quite a bit more work to get it to where I wanted. So here finally are the lit, woke, hipster-themed af SF Giants!! ;) 

PhZ1tHF.jpg

j8wJsry.jpg

0Ngjj6H.jpg

eUyVp0F.jpg

UBrXFzl.jpg

Uniforms for the Angels, Rockies, Krewe, and Giants, now on a fuller template, up soon. Thx guys, hope San Fran was worth the wait!

Lz5f6vZ.png

Archived