Little Big League: What if Brandiose Designed the MLB? (Baltimore posted 2/7)

Bruins

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 10:19 PM, Bruins said:

Alright, so here is the last of the first six teams, and another of Coco's excellent suggestions (along with setting the foundation for this set), the South Side (Chicago) Hitmen!:

'It's tough to make gangsters jive with a kid-friendly baseball aesthetic, but with incorporating a homage to the ChiSox's 80's batter man logo while sticking with their current monochrome color palette, (I) think (I've) achieved that. As (I) mentioned, the batter man finally makes a primary return, although in different form with Capone style three-piece and jaunty fedora. The font and word mark style also makes a return, of course also in different form. Two different alternate logos help tie the set together, one being a stylized SS and the other a simplified suit subtly pointing south in an Illinois outline. All in all the new Hitmen's logo set is dark but dapper, kind of like the historical figures that inspired it.

sy6vN87.jpg

So there you have it the first set of 6 entries into this series! Like i said before, next i will be starting to elaborate on these brands and going full Brandiose MiLB style with them, which will include plenty of Special Night concepts. I'd absolutely love to hear what kind of outlandish ideas you guys can come up with for those, so don't hold back with the sugs! Thanks again for all the great feedback!

I know I'm quoting a very old post, but I absolutely LOVE this.  The minimalist logo is great, particularly the hat. And the nod to the 1980s logo (i.e., the spherical hand) is brilliant. The only thing that bugs me is that that I see a "V," particularly the IL outline version.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 5 months later...

SCjlsfz.jpg

I've realized that I am this series and this series is me and I have to stop abandoning it, so expect more frequent updates. 

(and more food ;) stay tuned!)

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Yes to all of this. The moniker, the colours, the flag on the cookie, the baseball hidden in the cream, the fact that Oreos & Orioles are so close in name, the fact they can still be called the "O's"..... this isn't just genius, this is why I followed this series. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

On 2/7/2019 at 4:01 PM, neo_prankster said:

Baltimore Oreos?

GENIUS!!!

Thank you!! It kinda writes itself.

On 2/7/2019 at 4:09 PM, coco1997 said:

giphy.gif

One of my favorite series is back!!!

As an Oreo aficionado myself, I absolutely love this concept.

You've been such a great follower, sorry for the big post gaps. 😕

Very glad to hear it!

On 2/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Fun fact, thought the team was originally called the Oreos for a couple years before I was told different. Really like the Maryland flag design on the cookie! 

Wikipedia says it's a loose nickname, but probably just for this reason. Nice eye there!

On 2/7/2019 at 7:54 PM, appleclock said:

How did I not notice that?? Brilliant!

Also I’m hungry.

Then I've done my job.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:17 PM, KittSmith_95 said:

Yes to all of this. The moniker, the colours, the flag on the cookie, the baseball hidden in the cream, the fact that Oreos & Orioles are so close in name, the fact they can still be called the "O's"..... this isn't just genius, this is why I followed this series. 

Super fantastic to hear! Hopefully you'll like the teams-a-comin' as well! Thx Kitt

On 2/8/2019 at 6:20 AM, JG36 said:

As a Red Sox fan, you need to stop. I can’t possibly like anything about the Orioles!

As a Red Sox fan, no thanks. Give in to the Oreos, you know you want to...

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived