Little Big League: What if Brandiose Designed the MLB? (Baltimore posted 2/7)

Bruins

I am personally fascinated by what's going on in Minor League Baseball right now, and the majority of that is due to Brandiose's reign of two-word nickname, food logo, baby cake of terror, which to be honest hasn't been all bad imo. There are things happening down in the MiLB that wouldn't have been dreamed of 20 or so years ago, and its like watching a blowout: Painful, but fun to watch it go down. So i got to thinking, with news of Brandiose sinking its toes into the minor league hockey pool, how long is it before they get their hands on the major leagues? Now if (when) in eventuality they do, they won't come at it with a Jumbo Shrimp ideal, but for fun, I'd like to think of what would happen if they did. So I'll be taking a TBD select number of teams from the MLB and making them look like they belong in the International League, starting with the Oakland Swingin' A's (Athletics).

ilkBXE5.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like it's going to be one fun series!  My only suggestion is to maybe replace that lighter green you have with something closer to Kelly or maybe even lime.  Something a lot brighter would jive well with that minor-league aesthetic. 

Looking at it more, some of the linework in the elephant needs some cleaning up, especially around the two front legs.  And you can simplify the lines in the peanut as well.  Overall, it still looks like something Brandiose would trot out (maybe even throw in some sort of snarl in the elephant for good measure?)

Actually, Brandiose did already get to work with an MLB team when they worked with the Reds. That being said, I love the idea for this series, and your first concept is very accurate. I really like the subtle touch of the sunrays around the elephants trunk. 

spacer.png

14 hours ago, scottyeagle said:

This looks like it's going to be one fun series!  My only suggestion is to maybe replace that lighter green you have with something closer to Kelly or maybe even lime.  Something a lot brighter would jive well with that minor-league aesthetic. 

Hopefully, thanks! The reason I chose that shade of lighter green is because its the color they used back in the seventies, and when i was thinking of any colors i could add to the scheme, i realized those colors had never been used together, so i went with it. Lime is a really good idea though, it would fit great.

14 hours ago, scottyeagle said:

Looking at it more, some of the linework in the elephant needs some cleaning up, especially around the two front legs.  And you can simplify the lines in the peanut as well.  Overall, it still looks like something Brandiose would trot out (maybe even throw in some sort of snarl in the elephant for good measure?)

There was a reason i left the front leg highlighting a little imperfect, to make the elephants skin look rough and bumpy. Anywhere else though was my bad. Thanks, thats the goal! (There'll be plenty of snarls throughout the series :P).

13 hours ago, coco1997 said:

This is a really clever idea for a series! Will you just be doing logos or uniforms as well?

Thank you! I plan on focusing on just logos.

13 hours ago, henburg said:

Actually, Brandiose did already get to work with an MLB team when they worked with the Reds. That being said, I love the idea for this series, and your first concept is very accurate. I really like the subtle touch of the sunrays around the elephants trunk. 

I had seen that as i spent plenty of time surfing their website prepping for this :D Thank you!

Thank you so much for all the great feedback guys! And i won't do every suggestion, but if there's a clear team you guys want me to tackle ill be happy to!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

I don't thin the elephant feels quite right, it looks like a Brandiose/MiLB baseball redesign of the A's logo, but I feel that if Brandiose/MiLB designed the elephant, their style would have it like it was in the batter's box, with the bat either being swung by the trunk or maybe anthropomorphized like TMNT and probably with a scowl on it's face and some teeth showing (might not be realistic for an elephant but it feels like that is Brandiose's style).

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

On 5/5/2017 at 2:08 PM, Dan O'Mac said:

I think the "gimme" team would be the "Amazin' Mets".

Next up.

On 5/5/2017 at 4:21 PM, eick74 said:

I don't thin the elephant feels quite right, it looks like a Brandiose/MiLB baseball redesign of the A's logo, but I feel that if Brandiose/MiLB designed the elephant, their style would have it like it was in the batter's box, with the bat either being swung by the trunk or maybe anthropomorphized like TMNT and probably with a scowl on it's face and some teeth showing (might not be realistic for an elephant but it feels like that is Brandiose's style).

Very true points, i might've played off the A's current elephant logo a little more than i should have, although I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out, i probably made it a bit too static. I think teeth would've been hard to fit in with the tusks still looking right, and they have done a few logos without a grimace like the Blue Rocks and Aquasox. Thanks for the C&C though!

On 5/5/2017 at 5:11 PM, Zeus89725 said:

Oh dear god no.

I love it.

That's exactly the kind of response I'm looking for! Thanks!

On 5/5/2017 at 5:35 PM, coco1997 said:

If you're going to brand some of the teams off their nicknames, I'd love to see the White Sox as the "South Side Hitmen."

Actually really like the idea, and am trying to find a route to take this in, but I dont think i can. Hitmen just doesn't jive with the minor league atmosphere, no matter how you spin it. The last thing you want is 7 year olds walking around with fedoras and plush bats talking like Tony Montana. I'll keep tossing the idea around though.

On 5/5/2017 at 6:46 PM, MCM0313 said:

Nvm, I can see it now.

Let's have some goofy uniforms!

I might end up doing some unis, play it by ear.

Thanks again everyone!

Lz5f6vZ.png

4 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Actually really like the idea, and am trying to find a route to take this in, but I dont think i can. Hitmen just doesn't jive with the minor league atmosphere, no matter how you spin it. The last thing you want is 7 year olds walking around with fedoras and plush bats talking like Tony Montana. I'll keep tossing the idea around though.

I think you can make it work in a playful manner, as long as you don't use any actual gun imagery.

8 minutes ago, Bruins said:

The last thing you want is 7 year olds walking around with fedoras and plush bats talking like Tony Montana. 

The first thing I want is 7-year-olds walking around with fedoras and plush bats talking like Tony Montana. "Say hello to my little friend - he's only three!"

26 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Maybe adding a fedora and tie to the '80s batterman could be an idea?

That sounds brilliant. I've never thought that logo was all that great but if Batterman became Hitman that could be pretty cool.

38 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Maybe adding a fedora and tie to the '80s batterman could be an idea?

But would that be Brandiose enough?

Lz5f6vZ.png

Archived