• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Reno looked better in the Bucks-ish colors. :P

Agreed. Green/Light Blue (and Gold) is even more underutilized than it was a few days ago. But I understand the color change; I just don't agree with it, though Green/Metallic Gold/Purple would've looked better.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

3 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Reno looked better in the Bucks-ish colors. :P

Lol! I actually agree. The Kings colors look off with the logo. 

On a serious note, I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings move the Bucks closer to home in the near future (Reno is only about a two hour drive away). Stockton has a nice arena, and if my alma mater, Sac State, ever builds the event center they keep teasing us with, they could move within spitting distance and rebrand. They could even do what the Warriors did and move it to a surrounding community in a temporary arena. A lot of local media have speculated Ranadive wants to have them closer. 

7 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Westchester had changed to this as well:

Westchester_Knicks_logo.svg.png.2698f9be155857f97ca11d58545ec697.png

this is a major downgrade for me.  They went from a severely underutilized symbol with Father Knickerbocker and changed to the Knicks' generic triangle/basketball/text logo.  Huge mistake.

One thing I've enjoyed seeing some of the D-League teams doing is taking old symbols or logos and tweaking them enough to make a unique but tied-in identity.  The old D-Fenders looked like crap but their rebrand to the South Bay Lakers comes with an incredible logo as does the Santa Cruz Warriors

here's hoping the Wolves, the Grizzlies, the Pelicans, and the Hawks can make sound decisions with their upcoming G-League teams

• 4 weeks later...

I like it a lot, but why the Rockets colors for a Grizzlies affiliate? If you're gonna go for the Stax Records aesthetic, use vivid colors.

22a4b425080ad74cec10e143f2328022.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I like it a lot, but why the Rockets colors for a Grizzlies affiliate? If you're gonna go for the Stax Records aesthetic, use vivid colors.

22a4b425080ad74cec10e143f2328022.jpg

Agreed, not because of the Rockets thing but because some color and pop isn't a bad thing, especially in the minor leagues.

I do like the Hustle, though, even if I feel like probably shouldn't. It's just got something to it that's vibing with me. The bear outline is unnecessary, though.

I'd consider promoting that blaxploitation type style to the Grizzlies themselves, as long as the manufacturer can handle it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, bowld said:

Grizzlies wear retro Memphis Sounds uniforms which are red and white. This is likely a nod to them.. sounds-stacks-full-res-128.jpg

Hold on...are these ABA2000 balls they're holding?!

bYhYmxh.png

I didn't know if this was common knowledge... but the Erie BayHawks are now affiliated with the Atlanta Hawks and will remain in Erie for 2 seasons, then they will move to College Park, GA.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Texas Legends promoted their previous secondary logo to primary, because it's on the G-League website, their website, and on various merchandise.

98e456d1c9411b9a23bb442b65c23996.gif

Archived