Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE Backlash: 21 May 2017

280 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Must not have been too important because they didn't make the Hulu cut. 

Golddust turning on Truth was the only interesting thing on the show.

It weirds me out that Rocket League is joining up with WWE.  This game has gotten huge.

The Usos have been on fire lately. Really like the way they've taken their characters.

49 minutes ago, DDR said:

The Usos have been on fire lately. Really like the way they've taken their characters.

I don't think they're playing "characters per say. Like Austin and The Rock, they seem to just be being them themselves turnt up to 1000, which comes off natural unlike a certain "super" boring lames cousin of theirs.

22 minutes ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

I don't think they're playing "characters per say. Like Austin and The Rock, they seem to just be being them themselves turnt up to 1000, which comes off natural unlike a certain "super" boring lames cousin of theirs.

Whatever it's called, whatever they're doing is working.

17 hours ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

Golddust turning on Truth was the only interesting thing on the show.

Been wanting Goldust to become a sinister character for a while. Was never a fan of him doing the comedic stuff, not even with Booker T long ago. Honestly wanted him to go to Smackdown (solo) during the roster shake up. Feel like there is still a lot that can be done with Goldust, both in the ring and as a character in general.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Was never a fan of him doing the comedic stuff, not even with Booker T long ago.

I hate you.

2 people like this

11 hours ago, CS85 said:

It weirds me out that Rocket League is joining up with WWE.  This game has gotten huge.

If this partnership doesn't lead to the WCW monster trucks in a DLC pack, then it's an absolute waste. 

Ff93Yy6.jpg

tIFVO9W.png

3 people like this

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Been wanting Goldust to become a sinister character for a while. Was never a fan of him doing the comedic stuff, not even with Booker T long ago. Honestly wanted him to go to Smackdown (solo) during the roster shake up. Feel like there is still a lot that can be done with Goldust, both in the ring and as a character in general.

I'd prefer he stays on Raw, and we get the tag team we've all been clamoring for.

Strowdust.

If Orton/Mahal does not go on last, then there's a legitimate chance Jinder wins the WWE Title. They won't end Backlash with Mahal calling upon the Maharaja. So I'm hoping, just to at least keep the suspense, that this match is booked in another slot on the card.

#WhatchugonnadowhenJindermaniarunswildonyou

34 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

If Orton/Mahal does not go on last, then there's a legitimate chance Jinder wins the WWE Title. They won't end Backlash with Mahal calling upon the Maharaja. So I'm hoping, just to at least keep the suspense, that this match is booked in another slot on the card.

#WhatchugonnadowhenJindermaniarunswildonyou

I'm all in favor of giving new guys chances, but I hate the idea of the WWE Title match NOT going on last, but I also think Orton v. Mahal is definitely not a PPV closing match.

1 hour ago, DDR said:

I'm all in favor of giving new guys chances, but I hate the idea of the WWE Title match NOT going on last, but I also think Orton v. Mahal is definitely not a PPV closing match.

Styles/Owens is the better match. 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Punk offered $1,000,000 to wrestle.

I'd love to he him and Danielson go to ROH or even better iMPACT out of spite. 

I have zero capital, but a similar idea popped into my head that it would be cool to try and coax Punk into a one-off "Superfight" iPPV event, and to promote it much like UFC promotes their events. Sure, it's called "UFC 214" or whatever, but it might as well be "McGREGOR VS DIAZ." 

I think I'd definitely shell out up to $20 for CM Punk vs Big Name Indy or Japanese Guy, with an undercard of young up-and-comers.

Speaking of fantasy booking, I'd love it if Triple H wrestled at NXT Takeover (and not WrestleMania) next April. My smarky idea was we get a Triple H "creator" promo at the Takeover before SummerSlam or Survivor Series, only to be interrupted by a voice over the PA "Triple H, if you really think you're the Creator of NXT...I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS!" Barrett, of course, being the first NXT winner long before Triple H assumed control, and the leader of the NXT contingent "Nexus" in WWE. And then Wade Barrett vs Triple H headlines Takeover New Orleans.

I'm not sure how loaded Anthem is, but assuming they have the cash? I'd offer Punk a million just to see what he says.

5 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm not sure how loaded Anthem is, but assuming they have the cash? I'd offer Punk a million just to see what he says.

How old is punk now? He's been gone for like 5 years right?

if you're Anthem, if you think he can still go, you could reasonably bet you entire existence that investing $1M in him would be worth it to gain the relevancy needed to get better TV deals and possibly a legit touring schedule.  

The thing is that they need to be deeper so that when he's done (assuming it'd be a very short term engagement) they can keep the interest gained by his presence.

its obvious by what Joe, AJ, even Roode are doing that they can't really make people into stars and rather just have a bunch of "guys". That needs to change. 

Edit - of course I hope they go bankrupt for holding BROKEN hostage so it's a moot point anyway. 

He's like 38, 39. Something like that. Don't think he's 40 yet. And he's been gone for a little under 3 1/2 years. If memory serves, he peaced out right after the 2014 Royal Rumble.

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

its obvious by what Joe, AJ, even Roode are doing that they can't really make people into stars and rather just have a bunch of "guys". That needs to change. 

Just because you didn't care for them doesn't mean they weren't putting on great shows while in TNA. I dare say Roode's title run was "peak" TNA, when the company was at its best. Or AJ. Anyone who regularly watched TNA knew AJ was one of the best in the world long before he went to NJPW. 

TNA was never able to "break through" past a certain level, but it didn't need to. In fact the whole company started nosediving when they got away from being the niche alternative. 

As far as Anthem goes...they're the ones behind the Fight Network. They're not Turner Broadcasting big, but they're certainly flush enough to make Punk a high priced offer and see where it goes. 

Really, they're the perfect parent company for something like Impact. TV-focused and big enough to run Impact as an alternative product. Not something that'll rival WWE one day, but something that can stay steady at a certain level. 

Fact is that their only competition for that #2 spot is ROH, and they lack a truly national outlet. Plus SBC might just sell them off to Vince. 

So if Anthem can stop the bleeding with Impact and stabilize the product? They're in a good position to try and leverage it onto a national outlet in a few years.

If TNA had a PPV headlined by Punk I'd definitely find an illegal stream to watch it.

In 2017, I don't see how they could break even on that kind of investment.