HLN New logo

The SHOW

5 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I think they got it right the first time, way back in the early '80s when they launched as CNN2:

D4RaKsP.jpg

"Headline News" has always been a clunky and generic name.

Excellent point! That is much more sensible branding for the channel.

But, if it has to have the name "Headline News", one cannot fail to note that "headline" is one word; so the initialism should be "HN", not "HLN".  

(Similarly, the initialism "AFV" for the show America's Funniest Home Videos makes me itch.  Either drop the word "home" from the show's title, or make the initialism "AFHV".)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I think they got it right the first time, way back in the early '80s when they launched as CNN2:

D4RaKsP.jpg

"Headline News" has always been a clunky and generic name.

That's true but I get it why they changed it to Headline News at the time it was wall to wall before Robin Meade & Lynn Smith. What I love is they're going back making news their priority 

13 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Excellent point! That is much more sensible branding for the channel.

But, if it has to have the name "Headline News", one cannot fail to note that "headline" is one word; so the initialism should be "HN", not "HLN".  

(Similarly, the initialism "AFV" for the show America's Funniest Home Videos makes me itch.  Either drop the word "home" from the show's title, or make the initialism "AFHV".)

Oh yeah I forgot AFV is still  America Funniest Home Video I stopped watch it after Bob Saget left. 

Archived