NHL City Mashup Series (Finished)

NoE38_Concepts

Welcome to what is now my first completed concept series, the NHL City Mashup Series!

ay2d05.png

In this series, I will be taking the identity of each NHL team and combining it with the identity of another team (different sport) in that team's city. Some rules I set for myself were

• Team must be in either the MLB, NBA, NFL, MLS, or CFL.
  • The jersey must be in the style of the NHL team's jersey.
  • The other team's colours will be the ones on the jersey.
  • The fonts should be either the official team's font or a close matching font.

Teams:

Anaheim Ducks (Angels)

Arizona Coyotes (Cardinals)

Boston Bruins (Celtics)

Buffalo Sabres (Bills)

Calgary Flames (Stampeders)

Carolina Hurricanes (Charlotte Hornets)

Chicago Blackhawks (Cubs)

Colorado Avalanche (Nuggets)

Columbus Blue Jackets (Crew)

Dallas Stars (Cowboys)

Detroit Red Wings (Tigers)

Edmonton Oilers (Eskimos)

Florida Panthers (Heat)

Los Angeles Kings (Dodgers)

Minnesota Wild (Twins)

Montreal Canadiens (Expos)

Nashville Predators (Titans)

New Jersey Devils (Jets)

New York Islanders (Nets)

New York Rangers (Knicks)

Ottawa Senators (Redblacks)

Philadelphia Flyers (Eagles)

Pittsburgh Penguins (Pirates)

San Jose Sharks (49ers)

St Louis Blues (Cardinals)

Tampa Bay Lightning (Buccaneers)

Toronto Maple Leafs (Raptors)

Vancouver Canucks (Whitecaps)

Vegas Golden Knights (Raiders)

Washington Capitals (Wizards)

Winnipeg Jets (Blue Bombers)

without further adieu, here's the first mashup, the Anaheim Angels in the style of the Anaheim Ducks. (Yes, I am aware they aren't the Anaheim Angels, but heck with that)

n20b4j.png

C&C is appreciated!

I am also considering doing throwback jerseys for each mashup, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the idea.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Any C&C before the next mashup?

Also, how do I put link to each individual concept in the OP? I've been wondering how to do it for a while now.

Copy the post link after pressing the Share button, then press the Link button while editing the post.

Series looks great so far!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Next up is the Arizona Coyotes. For them, I chose to do the Cardinals as I felt they fit best with the coyotes, and because I am trying to cycle between the league the mashup team is in. The Cardinals son't really have jersey striping, so I tried to take the pattern on the cuffs sans piping and add a coloured upper-arm above it. I am really happy with the way this turned out, but I feel like the jerseys are a little too similar to the Coyotes' current jerseys, but I'll let you guys be the judge.

2rgklfk.png

spacer.png

This is interesting. I'm curious to see like the Florida Panthers and San Jose sharks because pending on what you consider the teams within the area (weather only San Jose or the whole bay area or in the Panthers case Miami, Orlando or both) it'll be interesting to say the least

1 hour ago, Silence of the Rams said:

This is interesting. I'm curious to see like the Florida Panthers and San Jose sharks because pending on what you consider the teams within the area (weather only San Jose or the whole bay area or in the Panthers case Miami, Orlando or both) it'll be interesting to say the least

For this series, I will only be using teams from the city the NHL team is in, e.g. only San Jose, only Miami, etc

spacer.png

Next up is the Boston Celtics in the style of the Boston Bruins. When I first thought of this series, the Celtics-Bruins combo was the first in my head. For this one, I used the two stripes from the Celtics' collar and cuffs, and put it in the traditional format of the Bruins jerseys. Each jersey features a yoke and stripe in the yoke, and the road jersey uses filled-in cuffs.

14kgo41.png

C&C is always appreciated!

spacer.png

Cool idea! Execution looks pretty good so far, a few thoughts:

Anaheim: Great job, striping looks right at home here and I love the white A on the red jersey.

Arizona: I think swapping white and black on the home striping might help to make them look a little different than the 'Yotes, and i might also change the road numbering from black to brick. They look pretty good overall though.

Boston: You did a great job translating a design using three colors to two, although i would definitely lose the colored cuffs on the road and wouldn't be afraid to keep the white and green circles on the chest emblem. Pretty sweet jerseys as a whole.

Good work all around!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Next up is the Buffalo Bills in the style of the Buffalo Sabres. Unfortunately, this means a great design idea being pulled down by unnecessary piping and chest numbers. The striping is from the sleeves of the Bills unis.

14dd0g8.png

C&C is appreciated!

Also, I'm open to requests for teams to be mashed up.

spacer.png

Next up is the first Canadian team in this series, the Calgary Flames. The only valid team I could choose for this was the Calgary Stampeders of the CFL. Unfortunately, with the Flames' awful jerseys, this didn't result in a great look, but I feel like I translate the Stampeders' jersey design well into this concept.

2jajk9h.png

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

Nothing else? Alright then. Moving on...

Next up is the Charlotte Hornets in the style of the Carolina Hurricanes. The reason I chose the Hornets is because there were no valid teams in Raleigh, and with Charlotte being around 2-3 hours away, and me not wanting to do another sport besides football. With the Hurricanes having two different striping patterns on their home and away jerseys, I made it the same for this concept. The striping on the home comes from the Hornets' purple jersey, and the striping on the away comes from the collar striping on the teal jersey, but flipped upside down.

j96e7t.png

C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

These are nice. The Hornets were my team when I was little, between NBA Jam and the different colors of them and the Mighty Ducks... 

i feel like I'm the only one commenting but hey. Loving this series. 

10 hours ago, flyersfan said:

These are great! Will you be messing with the logos at all if they were to say, have a baseball in them? Otherwise, good looks!

If you look closely at the hornets logo, you'll see the answer. In other words, yes.

12 hours ago, B-mer said:

These are nice. The Hornets were my team when I was little, between NBA Jam and the different colors of them and the Mighty Ducks... 

i feel like I'm the only one commenting but hey. Loving this series. 

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it, I'm definitely having fun making these concepts.

10 hours ago, jujubeans said:

Celtics are a classic NHL look right out of the box.

Very well done so far!

Thanks! I have to agree with you there, Boston is one of my favorites for sure. Just not sure about the cuffs, as mentioned earlier.

spacer.png

Archived